2016-2017 Tufts University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Noob question, on the facebook page I see people describing themselves as M21 or M18 /M19 . Have any idea what are they referring to ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Rumor has it that TUSM over enrolled again this year. Might not be much/any wait list movement...

What do they say is the reason for asking you ? What did you answer?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
They don't specify a reason, other than that they have offered this in previous years.

I do not plan on deferring.

*Edit* I did post the whole email, but I am not sure TUSM would want me broadcasting entire emails that may only be directed at a small subset of SDN users, so I took it down.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah that email sounded a lot more innocuous than the information that I had received. Maybe I was a bit too alarmist.

Any accepted students looking to move to Boston early? I have an apartment available in July that is a 30min commute to the medical school on public transportation. It's in a safe area with 2 female young professionals that would respect your need for quiet study time.

Bad news for those on the waitlist. They over accepted again and trying to get people to defer

How did you hear about this? Do you know if it applies to the Maine track?
They sent a email saying it and asking people to defer for a free year of a MPH. There is no way to know if it applies to the Maine track but I would guess it does.

Is there even any point in applying there for next year if they're just going to accumulate deferrals to fill next year's class?

Reactions: 1 user
Is there even any point in applying there for next year if they're just going to accumulate deferrals to fill next year's class?
A few hundred people get accepted every year, regardless of any deferrals (if anyone actually ever accepts them). If you like the school, it doesn't make sense not to apply.

Has anybody waitlisted heard anything at all? Like go on with your life and forget about us:(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user