2016-2017 Tufts University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tufts interviews all the way until the last day of March, so I'd say there probably aren't a lot left to give out but there are some.
The last day of interviews is Mach 14th.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the clarification! I must have seen last years last day of interviews then when I wrote March 31st? Who knows.
They state that they interview "through March," so that is probably what you were thinking about. But I've had access to the interview calendar since I had mine and the last date has always shown up as 3/14. I wonder if they will add a few more days at the end of the month.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected pre-II yesterday afternoon. Complete late July. OOS, LizzyM 78. Oh well.

..so many rejections the last two days.

I wonder why they can't do them at once. Just batch update the misery.

LM 67-69; OOS; complete mid-Sep and no word yet.

Mind sharing how many open dates are left? I'm assuming 2-3 max?
From what I can tell, there are only two dates that aren't filled: March 9th and March 14th. As of last week, March 7th was also open but not anymore

2 weeks left until we hear back about this months interviewees.... nervous

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I have survived a few rejection rounds but still haven't received an II... Does anyone have any idea whether they have stopped interviewing for the Maine Track? Thank you!!

Has anyone from the 02/09 interview received the post-interview survey yet? I haven't received one and am beginning to think they forgot about me :/

Rejected as well this afternoon, complete mid Sep

I do not understand where my rejection is. This is crazy because they aren't even offering interviews!

Dear Tufts,

My alumni contributions to your school would have been Jumbo. Sorry it had to end this way.

/unwatchthread

Reactions: 3 users
No rejection no II. Anyone else?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else differed still have silence?

Anyone else differed still have silence?
I think the question is, has anyone heard anything since being deferred? I haven't seen any posts about movement off that list.

Reactions: 1 users
Has Tufts release any financial aid information yet ?

Deferred early December and still haven't heard anything. I am kind of expecting to wait until May at this point but not sure what to expect.

Has Tufts release any financial aid information yet ?
When I got notification that my financial aid app was complete, they told me that I'd hear back in the beginning of April

Deferred early December and still haven't heard anything. I am kind of expecting to wait until May at this point but not sure what to expect.
Thats what I feared...

I do not understand where my rejection is. This is crazy because they aren't even offering interviews!
What do you mean they aren't even offering interviews? Are you saying all their interview days are already completely full? And if so how do you know this?

What do you mean they aren't even offering interviews? Are you saying all their interview days are already completely full? And if so how do you know this?
No, sorry. I have literally no inside scoop at all. I didn't mean to scare you. I just meant there hasn't been any on here in a long time.

The only two dates with current openings are 3/7 and 3/14

Anyone know the average step 1 score of tufts last year?
Tufts doesn't release Step 1 scores directly. When you interview you'll see all the residency placements for last year's class. On the whole, this is a better metric of the program than Step 1.

Thats what I feared...
the majority of post-interview deferred applicants won't hear until the end of the cycle since they are still actively interviewing and don't fully know the committed class size.

Tufts doesn't release Step 1 scores directly. When you interview you'll see all the residency placements for last year's class. On the whole, this is a better metric of the program than Step 1.

the majority of post-interview deferred applicants won't hear until the end of the cycle since they are still actively interviewing and don't fully know the committed class size.

How generous is this school when it comes to scholarships? ?

How generous is this school when it comes to scholarships? ?
I believe they are majority if not all need-based. I'm not super smart or need-based so I didn't apply for institutional aid and am not the one to ask.

Anybody hear anything this week? If Tufts is planning on filling those interview days for 03/07 and 03/14, then those of us that haven't gotten an II or rejection have to hear either way relatively soon...right?

Anybody hear anything this week? If Tufts is planning on filling those interview days for 03/07 and 03/14, then those of us that haven't gotten an II or rejection have to hear either way relatively soon...right?
Rejected pre-II just now. Complete early August.

Rejected pre II!
All those rejected to this school or any others without any positive news, you got to hold on and keep pushing!

Last edited: