2017-2018 Tufts University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What about interviews for normal md (not the Maine Track)?
It looks like there are no available slots left. I know that their last interview date is the 13th, so I would be surprised if they sent out any more invitations.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard anything back from February interviews yet? I haven’t received any response yet. I was expecting to hear back by today.

Has anyone heard anything back from February interviews yet? I haven’t received any response yet. I was expecting to hear back by today.
I think someone wrote that they generally call on Tuesday and Thursday. I thought we'd hear back last week since I thought I heard decisions would be known "by 3/5" but someone else heard "the week of 3/5". What did they tell you at your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think someone wrote that they generally call on Tuesday and Thursday. I thought we'd hear back last week since I thought I heard decisions would be known "by 3/5" but someone else heard "the week of 3/5". What did they tell you at your interview?
I heard decisions by 3/5 but I was so nervous/excited I could have misheard. Maybe tomorrow is the day.

I heard decisions by 3/5 but I was so nervous/excited I could have misheard. Maybe tomorrow is the day.
Had a February interview too, they said decisions will come out the week of 3/5, not by 3/5

Reactions: 1 users
Awesome, thanks!
True. I interviewed on the 15th (Shout out to the back table) I think the interview day program director said they made decisions on the 26th and they would send out notifications the following week.

Reactions: 1 user
Current Tufts student here, just wanted to say 2 things.

I have never, nor has anyone I know, experienced an environment close to what rdunn describes-- Tufts is a very welcoming place that actively works to recruit URM students. TUSM also has several programs in place to give all students the best chance of success.

Second, rdunn was ultimately expelled from Tufts after multiple acts of aggression towards his peers, both physical and verbal. The administration gave him several chances to remediate his behavior. He received counseling, time-off and opportunities to fill that time wisely. After returning to TUSM, he continued to violate the code of conduct, and Tufts had no choice but to ask him to leave. This was never a story of Tufts discriminating on the basis of sex or color; there have been countless minority students (male and female alike) who have achieved amazing things at Tufts and beyond-- this was a story of Tufts admitting a URM, who revealed himself to be violent, unprofessional with a devastating lack of self-awareness. He failed on several accounts to get better. This person was unfit to care for patients, and quite frankly, would have been a very real danger to the field of medicine.

There are several SUCCESSFUL minority students and graduates of Tufts, who would be happy to share their experiences with you. Tufts will help you, they will advocate for you and they will provide a safe space for you. And that includes suspending a student who uses surgical instruments to threaten others inside the anatomy lab.

Thank you for sharing this and clearing this up!

Not yet. I've been refreshing SDN, my portal, and email like crazy.
Same...FWIW if you get accepted, the portal doesn't update until a few days after the call according to other posters.

Same...FWIW if you get accepted, the portal doesn't update until a few days after the call according to other posters.
Having my boyfriend call the admissions office for us. What has this cycle turned me into?!?!?!?!?!

Having my boyfriend call the admissions office for us. What has this cycle turned me into?!?!?!?!?!
okay, okay, okay. Admissions office says decisions will be sent out "within the week". Guessing that means not today...

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Med11111, you were 13th or 15th?

Maybe the 15th decisions havent come out yet? Let's all keep speculating and stressing out. @MedStark, at what exact time did the dean call? lmao

Maybe the 15th decisions havent come out yet? Let's all keep speculating and stressing out. @MedStark, at what exact time did the dean call? lmao
I was the 15th. Has anyone from the 15th heard back?

"Let's all keep speculating and stressing out." LOL

okay, well. I'm either rejected, or will hear back tomorrow or later. No sense in paying this anymore attention today. Best believe though I'll be on here at 9:00AM to start this all over again.

okay, well. I'm either rejected, or will hear back tomorrow or later. No sense in paying this anymore attention today. Best believe though I'll be on here at 9:00AM to start this all over again.
I wish you the best and hope we'll be classmates! If it's anything to go by, I think only one person reported Tufts calling on a Wednesday. Someone said Tufts does interviews on Tuesday and Thursday so those are the days they generally call. But don't take my word for it!

I'm right there with you

Does anyone know if it’s alphabetical? I’m starting to freak out. Interviewed early February and no call today.

I'd hold off until Thursday. I'm pretty sure the Dean only comes in on Tuesdays and Thursdays!

Does anyone know if it’s alphabetical? I’m starting to freak out. Interviewed early February and no call today.
From past months, they either do all calls on either Tuesday or Thursday or they do both. They send out other decisions by emails usually the day after. You could still get a call on Thursday.

I think there's a good chance it's alphabetical, based on when I got my call.

Did you get a call yesterday? If so, what date in feb did you interview?

I hope it is. I interviewed on the 6th and people who interviewed after my date got calls. Going crazy waiting over here. My name is toward the end so it would make sense if I (hopefully) get a call Thursday.

I hope it is. I interviewed on the 6th and people who interviewed after my date got calls. Going crazy waiting over here. My name is toward the end so it would make sense if I (hopefully) get a call Thursday.
Good luck!! Waiting to hear back is so incredibly stressful.

Hoping that tomorrow brings good news for a couple of people who are deferred (specifically the Maine Track). Preferably I'd be included :), but even if not, it would give me a glimmer of hope.

Reactions: 3 users
Hoping that tomorrow brings good news for a couple of people who are deferred (specifically the Maine Track). Preferably I'd be included :), but even if not, it would give me a glimmer of hope.

In the same boat here, wishing us both luck!!

Has Tufts waitlisted anyone yet or do you just get accepted, rejected or put on hold for now?

Has Tufts waitlisted anyone yet or do you just get accepted, rejected or put on hold for now?
You just get accepted rejected or deferred. On April 30 people who are still deferred will receive either an acceptance, rejection, or waitlist.

It's a mess up here. Power out all over the place and the snow is still coming. idk what it's like in Portland, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's no news today.

It's a mess up here. Power out all over the place and the snow is still coming. idk what it's like in Portland, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's no news today.

Idk about Maine track but Dean Neumeyer makes the calls I think and the Boston campus just has a delayed opening so we might still hear!

Reactions: 2 users
Boston Health sciences campus had no delayed opening (only the fine arts campus and medford campus were delayed, vet campus is closed), interviews are still on as normal, which means the deans schedule has probably not changed at all.

Boston Health sciences campus had no delayed opening (only the fine arts campus and medford campus were delayed, vet campus is closed), interviews are still on as normal, which means the deans schedule has probably not changed at all.

Oops you're right. I misread the alert. Well, that's even better. Fingers crossed for some calls today!!

Right, I was referring to the Maine Track, should have specified. I believe it's Dr. Bing-You who calls us, so there's no telling. It does appear the roads are all clear at least. When I wrote the last post the highway was closed, but it was just a short section for a little while due to downed power lines in the road (so, ya know, nbd). And again, I'm like an hour outside Portland so it could be just fine there.