2016-2017 Tufts University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How did you guys find/download the Health insurance waiver form? I got an email about it but there's no working links or attachments in it.
Really? My email had six different attachments. Email [email protected] and ask. Your waiver for August 1, 2017 - August 31, 2017 is due May 1!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! :) Does anyone know how we are supposed to withdraw? Just email them? Can't find anywhere on the portal. (Hope y'all got better financial aid than I did lol)

Have most people gotten their financial aid info at this point? Still waiting here...

Members don't see this ad :)
Have most people gotten their financial aid info at this point? Still waiting here...
It weirdly got sent to my parents' house (even though I haven't lived there in like 6 years, I must have done something odd on my app), so maybe check with your parents?

Hey! :) Does anyone know how we are supposed to withdraw? Just email them? Can't find anywhere on the portal. (Hope y'all got better financial aid than I did lol)
I normally just reply to the Acceptance email

Reactions: 1 user
Call them and they will email it to you!
Definitely appears that they aren't releasing them all at once. I just talked to them, they said mine won't be available until the end of the week.

Oh you just have a whole trapper keeper full of withdrawals you've sent out?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Oh you just have a whole trapper keeper full of withdrawals you've sent out?

200_s.gif

Reactions: 1 users
Definitely appears that they aren't releasing them all at once. I just talked to them, they said mine won't be available until the end of the week.
Fingers crossed for you! They seem to be very generous in aid if they see the need.

Hey guys...I was extended a position back in March, yet have heard little from Tufts (other than a deposit fee receipt email and an invitation to attend second look day). For those who have been accepted-what have you heard from Tufts? I saw a few posts about a health insurance waiver form...never received this email from Tufts, should I be concerned? Thanks!

Hey guys...I was extended a position back in March, yet have heard little from Tufts (other than a deposit fee receipt email and an invitation to attend second look day). For those who have been accepted-what have you heard from Tufts? I saw a few posts about a health insurance waiver form...never received this email from Tufts, should I be concerned? Thanks!
Other than what you mentioned, you should have received information about immunization requirements and health insurance. If you didn't receive the health insurance email, email [email protected] ASAP. Tufts requires you to declare by May 1st whether you need insurance coverage from August 1st to August 31st. If you neglect to waive this, you'll get charged like $361 for the month! (they'll send out a waiver form for the rest of the school year in June). Immunization info is due in June. Email [email protected] for that.

Also, we're all waiting to hear back about financial aid, if you applied for that.

Members don't see this ad :)

+1 Saw my aid package yesterday and wow :(
Looks like I will be withdrawing as well. Did you just e-mail or call?

Anyone know if it's possible to live alone (without a roommate) on the rent budget provided? Say in jamaica or somerville?

WL-ed just now, but declined. Was deferred back in November so the closure is nice! Good luck to all of you :cat:

Was deferred after march 2nd interview, just offered and accepted a wait list spot...maybe there's still hope? It seems late in the cycle for waitlist aka like the last day

Just got rejected. Going to start applying again for next year. Good luck everyone!

Waitlisted for TUSM Maine Track after being deferred in the fall. It's frustrating, but I accepted a spot on the list as I'd definitely go if offered.

Just got waitlisted for Maine Track after being differed... gotta make my choice soon due to family reasons so I withdrew. Wishing the best of luck to all of you!

Interviewed March 2nd, just accepted waitlist position for regular track :)

Rejected, but happily attending another school. Good luck to those still waiting to hear and those on the waitlist! :)

Just accepted a waitlist spot after being deferred in October. Does anyone know if Tufts accepts many people off the waitlist?

I have tried to join the Facebook group for almost a week now with no success , is it not active or the admins just busy (which is expected)

I wouldn't be surprised if there's waitlist movement this year. Our class was overaccepted last year so there wasn't any movement for either Maine track or Boston (there were empty seats in Maine track but since we're together for the whole year they couldn't accept anymore). I wouldn't be surprised if they were much more cautious this year, but this is just me guessing and not an official response from the school.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's waitlist movement this year. Our class was overaccepted last year so there wasn't any movement for either Maine track or Boston (there were empty seats in Maine track but since we're together for the whole year they couldn't accept anymore). I wouldn't be surprised if they were much more cautious this year, but this is just me guessing and not an official response from the school.
Can you tell me your biggest pros and cons of the school? How is school life here like?

Can you tell me your biggest pros and cons of the school? How is school life here like?

I'd say biggest pros are the people and the curriculum. The way it's set up eases you into med school and you do have a pretty good amount of free time at the beginning of the year before anatomy starts (which was mid-November for us but it'll be later for y'all because of the new lab). Everyone is really nice out here and it's always easy to find friends who want to hang out/do things in the city. I'd say the major con is the price of attendance/living in the city. I live right by campus and it's not something I can keep up past this year, just prohibitively expensive. That being said, I chose between here and my state school and I would choose here again if I had to. I think we have a good mix of clinical exposure, coursework, pre-clinical curriculum length (till march of second year), and down time (when anatomy isn't happening). Plus my state school is graded in year 2 which, no thank you.

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone on the Tufts accepted students facebook page plz reach out to one of the admins and ask them to accept the requests of people wanting to join the group before April 30th any bit of info on that page can help applicants like me in choosing tufts because I am on the fence.

Can anyone on the Tufts accepted students facebook page plz reach out to one of the admins and ask them to accept the requests of people wanting to join the group before April 30th any bit of info on that page can help applicants like me in choosing tufts because I am on the fence.

It's literally just people looking for roommates. No info page just discussion of posts.

It's literally just people looking for roommates. No info page just discussion of posts.
thanks for the info! I am planning on being a bit foolish and just run away on vacation until school starts and might utilize the facebook page to find a place to stay when school starts without actually dealing with looking for a place.

Does anyone know what date do we need to accept their health insurance or waive it ?? In the email it said May 1st but it also stated it was for the 2016-2017 academic year but we will be apart of the 2017-2018 academic year.

Does anyone know what date do we need to accept their health insurance or waive it ?? In the email it said May 1st but it also stated it was for the 2016-2017 academic year but we will be apart of the 2017-2018 academic year.

It's due today, May 1st in order to accept or decline health insurance coverage from now until august 2017.

In June, you will get health insurance instructions for 9/2017-8/2018 school year.

Any WL movement or is it going to be like last year?:(
I know 2 people accepted from my school, would that affect my chances of being pulled from the waitlist due to demographics?
Tuft's is my favorite place on earth!!!

Any WL movement or is it going to be like last year?:(
I know 2 people accepted from my school, would that affect my chances of being pulled from the waitlist due to demographics?
Tuft's is my favorite place on earth!!!

Boston chinatown is def not my fave place on earth... smells like urine and you basically inhale an entire cigarette worth of second-hand smoke walking one block.

Reactions: 4 users
Boston chinatown is def not my fave place on earth... smells like urine and you basically inhale an entire cigarette worth of second-hand smoke walking one block.

I meant the school
Although I love Chinese food

That's called a Wednesday morning for a new yorker

I wish the area was safer too...