2016-2017 Tufts University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected now! Complete late August. Feelsbadman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to those rejected. Hope you have better luck elsewhere!

Anyone know if a deferral from Maine track still has a chance at Boston?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Wait so is Maine track full? Basically no shot at getting into it?... that would really sting after how my interview went...

Wait so is Maine track full? Basically no shot at getting into it?... that would really sting after how my interview went...
Not sure if it's full. I just know I was deferred.

Riding the pre-II rejection train. Good luck to everyone here!

Anybody hear anything this week? If Tufts is planning on filling those interview days for 03/07 and 03/14, then those of us that haven't gotten an II or rejection have to hear either way relatively soon...right?

Lol... That was prescient. Axed!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I am deferred from maine track but still in the running for regular (I think lol)

Reactions: 1 users
IF last year is a good indicator of things we should get some acceptances this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
why those 2 days ?
I interviewed two weeks ago and they said the committee would meet on the 28th (specifically to send any updates by today at the latest) so presumably they won't release decisions until this afternoon or later in the week. Do they call or email?

I interviewed two weeks ago and they said the committee would meet on the 28th (specifically to send any updates by today at the latest) so presumably they won't release decisions until this afternoon or later in the week. Do they call or email?
Acceptances are normally calls from the Dean of Admissions, followed by an email the same or next day. I believe deferrals are emails.

They call for acceptances everything else is a email. (You Also get a follow up email confirming your acceptance)

Fingers crossed that we hear back later today, but since the committee is meeting today and tufts gives out acceptances via calls from the Dean which are time consuming I would think that calls wouldn't go out today.

Has anyone gotten a call yet? Do they usually call on the day they go over applicants?

Does anyone know when Maine Track February interviews are going to hear back?/ Has anyone heard back?

Last edited:
I just got a call!!

From a bill collector. Almost smash my phone

I just got a call!!

From a bill collector. Almost smash my phone
I read the first line and was excited for you since you've been so passionate about getting in here and then the second line made me sad...

Just got the call!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Can't believe it !! Super happy right now! I just kept saying thank you like a idiot

I just got the call.. and my service was bad, so I spent 20 mins trying to get reconnected to the dean.. But I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I just got the call.. and my service was bad, so I spent 20 mins trying to get reconnected to the dean.. But I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Congrats!!! When did you interview if you don't mind me asking?

If we haven't heard, does that mean likely WL?
Nope. When I was accepted, I was called on Tuesday afternoon. People were called Tuesday morning through Thursday, so they definitely take a few days to go through their list.

People who got calls... Did you all get a call from "No Caller ID"?? I got 2 of those phone calls and didn't answer, and can't call back now... wishful thinking

People who got calls... Did you all get a call from "No Caller ID"?? I got 2 of those phone calls and didn't answer, and can't call back now... wishful thinking
My call was from a 617 number; I believe that they leave a message if you don't answer