2016-2017 Rutgers University - NJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What time do we go in for the njms interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, applying here next cycle as a IS applicant and I really am upset about my MCAT score. I wanted to know if you guys think i should retake my mcat before next june. I scored a 506 (126 C/p, 125 CARS, 129 Bio, 126 Psych) 73% overall. cGPA =3.75, sGPA=3.71 as of this semester. My ECs are good and I will be taking a gap year. I just spent all summer focusing on the mcat and I really do not think I could raise my score substantially if I took it a second time. Do you think I would get screened by NJ med schools just by my stats? Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
complete 7/25.... have not heard. should i be concerned at this point?

Hey guys, applying here next cycle as a IS applicant and I really am upset about my MCAT score. I wanted to know if you guys think i should retake my mcat before next june. I scored a 506 (126 C/p, 125 CARS, 129 Bio, 126 Psych) 73% overall. cGPA =3.75, sGPA=3.71 as of this semester. My ECs are good and I will be taking a gap year. I just spent all summer focusing on the mcat and I really do not think I could raise my score substantially if I took it a second time. Do you think I would get screened by NJ med schools just by my stats? Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it.

you wouldn't get screened but it makes it harder on yourself...you can email the dean of admissions with your stats and activities to see what he has to say which will probably be to re-take

NJMS loves high mcat. their matric avg is almost a 33...

Anyone in the GSBS program and get an interview? Or know what the new "30" is they're using for guaranteed interview

Anyone know if they're planning to release post interview decisions, for those who interviewed early, on Saturday the 15th or Monday the 17th?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Has there been rejections yet?

when you were told that you should be notified of a decision on the 15th....let the anxiety commence

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call - Accepted RD!!
Congrats! out of curiosity, did the call come from a Newark number? I got a call about 10 minutes ago from a 605 number which isn't newark but clicked decline by accident out of anxiety and now I'm super worried

Congrats! out of curiosity, did the call come from a Newark number? I got a call about 10 minutes ago from a 605 number which isn't newark but clicked decline by accident out of anxiety and now I'm super worried
It says "Number unknown" and "No Caller ID"

Attempting to keep my mind off of this so I don't stress... it's not working... =___=;

Reactions: 4 users
yeah i've at this point fully accepted the fact that I probably am not getting a phone call

yeah i've at this point fully accepted the fact that I probably am not getting a phone call

Not getting a phone call... today right? They stretch out the calls across next couple of weeks just so you can stress about it. :)

Not getting a phone call... today right? They stretch out the calls across next couple of weeks just so you can stress about it. :)

I dont know, at my interview they made it seem like there was a good chance they got to my group today :/ but I guess anything can happen. Just not getting my hopes up.

I dont know, at my interview they made it seem like there was a good chance they got to my group today :/ but I guess anything can happen. Just not getting my hopes up.

I think they told everyone that was interviewed in August or September that though... I interviewed end of September and they said that as well. So, BELIEVEEEEEEE. :)

I got the acceptance phone call today. I was interviewed late August (LizzyM=71).

Accepted!!! Phone calls are still going out : )

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Got a call today! First round of calls are still going out for people that interviewed at least through mid september.

Reactions: 1 users
anxious beyond belief rn lol anyone with me

lol we interviewed on the same day. It's all about patience I guess. Were we told that we would receive a decision today?

I know someone who interviewed on the 19th got the phone call today...which means we are bound to be up today or in the next couple of days