2016-2017 Rutgers University - NJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, what I am counting as "complete" is an email with the subject: Secondary Application - Confirmation Email
I never got that... should I e-mail them?

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted over this last weekend. Still in disbelief but beyond excited for next year. Interviewed Mid-August.
LizzyM ~ 69-70.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I am ED. I don't think RD can send acceptances until Oct 15th.

I was in touch with Dr. Heinrich throughout the whole process. I think I submitted my secondary around mid-July, but the committee was waiting for my MCAT scores so I did not get an interview until mid-August. I got my scores on August 9th.

@KnicksDoc what do you mean you were "in touch" with Dr. Heinrich the whole process? Did you initiate emails inquiring about your status, or was there just a string of dialogue about application materials, II, etc. Thanks!

Just got interview invitation! Out of state... Kind of nervous about interviews since it's my 1st one this cycle.

Any advice aside from not panicking? :)

Thanks!

Just got interview invitation! Out of state... Kind of nervous about interviews since it's my 1st one this cycle.

Thanks!

First of all, congratulations! Find a list of common interview questions and prepare answers, do research on the school, make a list of questions you have to ask during the interview, plan your trip wisely so you're not rushing in any way (make it as relaxing as possible), do mock interviews, know your application inside and out, and be comfortable in your own skin! They like you enough on paper, so just show them that you're even better in person :)

Do you mind sharing your stats/complete date?

First of all, congratulations! Find a list of common interview questions and prepare answers, do research on the school, make a list of questions you have to ask during the interview, plan your trip wisely so you're not rushing in any way (make it as relaxing as possible), do mock interviews, know your application inside and out, and be comfortable in your own skin! They like you enough on paper, so just show them that you're even better in person :)

Do you mind sharing your stats/complete date?

Thanks! I got the complete email 8/4.

Thanks!

Congratsssssssss! you must be excited!

I guess reading " Doing it right" would also help you!!

Do you mind letting us know if you were ED?

Congratsssssssss! you must be excited!

I guess reading " Doing it right" would also help you!!

Do you mind letting us know if you were ED?
Regular Decision! I was tempted to ED but being out of state made it seem too risky.

Reactions: 1 user
@KnicksDoc what do you mean you were "in touch" with Dr. Heinrich the whole process? Did you initiate emails inquiring about your status, or was there just a string of dialogue about application materials, II, etc. Thanks!

The latter. I initiated an email conversation with him conveying my interest in the ED program and then he asked me for a CV and my unofficial transcripts and the conversation went on from there...

Members don't see this ad :)
The latter. I initiated an email conversation with him conveying my interest in the ED program and then he asked me for a CV and my unofficial transcripts and the conversation went on from there...
Thanks!

Anyone receive an interview and not get a confirmation with details even after responding?

I got a completion email on 7/25 but Amcas did not verify me until 8/4. Now I m wondering which date I am marked complete on their end....uhmmm Is this bad enough to call them?

I got a completion email on 7/25 but Amcas did not verify me until 8/4. Now I m wondering which date I am marked complete on their end....uhmmm Is this bad enough to call them?

I think you should not be worried until another 13 days!

Anyone instate with a MCAT score below a 504 get an invite from here?

Are people getting a real "your app is complete" email or are you referring to the email that says we received your secondary application?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Are people getting a real "your app is complete" email or are you referring to the email that says we received your secondary application?

There's no separate application complete email. It is the e-mail referring to receipt of the secondary application.

Anyone instate with a MCAT score below a 504 get an invite from here?

Unless you are URM, chances are incredibly slim. This school is MCAT heavy and will likely reject anything lower than a 508-510 range (barring some amazing aspect of your app)

II!!! Got it yesterday!!!

OOS LizzyM ~ 70 Submitted very early August. Never got a complete email so I emailed them ~2 weeks later to make sure I was complete and they confirmed. First II and very excited!! Any tips?

Was honestly counting this school out for me, then this happened... There's hope for everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
II!!! Got it yesterday!!!

OOS LizzyM ~ 70 Submitted very early August. Never got a complete email so I emailed them ~2 weeks later to make sure I was complete and they confirmed. First II and very excited!! Any tips?

Was honestly counting this school out for me, then this happened... There's hope for everyone!

Congratssssssssss!! :) I got my rejection from WVU just now!! :(

2nd II ! (first was rwj)
Instate, LizzyM 75.5.
never got a complete email but submitted secondary 8/31

Any interview tips? Will be my first non-mmi interview and I've read quite a variety of responses looking through the old threads

Got the II today! My first one!!! Submitted August 19, LizzyM 67, In-state

Any advice for the interview for those with the experience? Is there any benefit to signing up for a student interview?

2nd II ! (first was rwj)
Instate, LizzyM 75.5.
never got a complete email but submitted secondary 8/31

Any interview tips? Will be my first non-mmi interview and I've read quite a variety of responses looking through the old threads

Totally different school from this thread but I cannot find the rwj thread and was wondering if you could send me the secondary questions so I can pre-write. I submitted my application late and waiting for the secondary.

Totally different school from this thread but I cannot find the rwj thread and was wondering if you could send me the secondary questions so I can pre-write. I submitted my application late and waiting for the secondary.
Uh you can just search the first two pages for "rutgers" using cmd+f.
The prompts have been posted so many times even googling rwjms secondary questions will give you them.

Part 2 of the secondary is either 5 essays or taking the casper exam

DO YOU GUYS ADVICE applying to RWJ if I am OOS and not high stat! it seems inly 20 ppl oos got in! and it seems its very MCAT and GPA heavy!

DO YOU GUYS ADVICE applying to RWJ if I am OOS and not high stat! it seems inly 20 ppl oos got in! and it seems its very MCAT and GPA heavy!
It is extremely stat heavy, especially mcat. I would not apply here OOS unless you have a high mcat

Complete 8/17 II 9/9.
Anyone wanna shed light on what the interview was like here?

The interview was pretty relaxed, especially the student interview. From what I gathered, they want to see that you're a well rounded person, in addition to being really excited about medical school. Hope that helps! Good luck everyone!

M1 here. Congrats to those who got in! Great school. For those interviewing, my best advice is to know your app, know why NJMS students love it here and how you think you'll fit in, and have fun! The interview day is relaxed and the tour guides are great. Just enjoy it.

Wow, that many? They must be one of the few schools that received that many apps.
Wrong thread!! Lol. sorry they do not receive that many apps, however I completed mine late aug as well and haven't heard anything I'm OOS though so the odds are not in my favor :(

Wow, that many? They must be one of the few schools that received that many apps.

There were 4167 applicants last year for class of 2016. It takes at least a month for them to send an interview invite (espectially since you applied on the later end), so I'd say wait till then. Maybe give them a call after to ask if they received your application just to make sure in a week or two?

Wrong thread!! Lol. sorry they do not receive that many apps, however I completed mine late aug as well and haven't heard anything I'm OOS though so the odds are not in my favor :(

I'm OOS too!!!! I sent mine in Aug 1 though and I already interviewed so BELIEVE! :)

Has there been any post secondary rejections yet?