2016-2017 Rutgers University - NJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are we supposed to go with our parents to that parents day thing on April 8th?

Members don't see this ad.

Put on the Priority Alternate list this morning, Interviewed March 22nd

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get any aid from this school? They literally just gave me loans, 0 aid

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Nope, no aid, but I have heard them offer in state tuition to a few OOS students as aid.

Does anyone know if NJMS has strict cutoffs for the subsection scores of the MCAT?

I think it depends. If you come from their GSBS program, then you need a 127 in every section. I had a CARS score a couple of points below 127, but my other 3 sections were good, so I think their is some leniency if you're a good fit for the school.

Reactions: 1 user
Apparently, according to last year's NJMS thread, there wasn't any movement on either waitlist for the previous cycle. Is that likely to happen this year? Thoughts?

Placed on the Priority Alternate List today--interviewed March 13th
What are chances of being accepted the ones on the priority alternate list. Anyone comment on this topic please.

Well I will 100% be withdrawing within the week, so at least 1 spot will be opening

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody have insight into how many spots that NJMS 'over-enrolls' in order to account for withdraws?

I called. They said don't expect movement this month.

Anyone on priority alternate list received acceptance this year?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone has knowledge about when priority alternate list students will be accepted?

Anyone has knowledge about when priority alternate list students will be accepted?
I think I saw something in previous threads about how the office will email us asking if we have any other updates to give before they start looking at the files?

There are few schools which are very transparent about their accepting students from waitlist. What I mean by this is " people on the waitlist know when their turn will come as they (school)are informing the applicants their position on the waitlist". One e.g.. is UCF. Some school officials also participate on their forums , answering questions and in the.process encourage them to join their school.

Any comments please.

I think I saw something in previous threads about how the office will email us asking if we have any other updates to give before they start looking at the files?

Last edited:
maybe NJMS just looks at waitlisted applicants later than most schools?...*crickets*

Thank you all. I got accepted into NYU. I am withdrawing my application. Wish u all the best.

Thank you all. I got accepted into NYU, my first choice. I withdrew my application today. Wish u all best of luck.
Thx

hey guys! does anyone know how to withdraw your application for NJMS?