2022-2023 Rutgers, New Jersey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You think you’re neurotic lol. Today I got a missed called and voicemail and got excited and it was a scammer 🤡
just had a dream I was waitlisted weeks ago and never saw the email so I’m hopping on the neuroticism train with u guys 💀

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
i just read the 2021-2022 thread....people who interviewed in dec/jan weren't informed they were WLd until mid-may. also, someone got in in late april and they were told they got off the high priority waitlist, except they were never even told that they were on it. i had the feeling that those of us who interviewed a while ago with no word were silently being ranked/evaluated/put on the HPWL and now i feel like this kinda confirms it lol

Is there an accepted students groupme? Also is the NJMS facebook group even legit? It was set up by admins who have no formal affiliation with NJMS...

Members don't see this ad :)
i just read the 2021-2022 thread....people who interviewed in dec/jan weren't informed they were WLd until mid-may. also, someone got in in late april and they were told they got off the high priority waitlist, except they were never even told that they were on it. i had the feeling that those of us who interviewed a while ago with no word were silently being ranked/evaluated/put on the HPWL and now i feel like this kinda confirms it lol

do we know if any jan/feb interviewees got acceptances at all yet?

do we know if any jan/feb interviewees got acceptances at all yet?
not sure about As, i was focusing more on the fact that people who interviewed later heard back about WL already. i guess if there's been no As they could just be waiting to make calls but my hopes are very much in the gutter at this point after seeing how it went down last year lol

not sure about As, i was focusing more on the fact that people who interviewed later heard back about WL already. i guess if there's been no As they could just be waiting to make calls but my hopes are very much in the gutter at this point after seeing how it went down last year lol
Yeah not to be a downer but in the past few cycles the HPWL has had little movement and the regular WL has had basically none. Hope this cycle is different though!

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I am hopeful that they will do one more round of As for the January/feb/march interviewers. The people that called were told that more decisions would released.

I’m
I am hopeful that they will do one more round of As for the January/feb/march interviewers. The people that called were told that more decisions would released.
i definitely hope this will be the case!! fingers crossed for us 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

season 3 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw in some previous threads that the committee meets on Thursdays, does anyone know if that's still true?

My poor brother-in-law was interviewed in February and his mom keeps asking me to check this forum to see if theres been any action since. Guy is miserable waiting for this to move along lol

• Care
It’s so absurd to still be waiting in April for regular decisions… this is like waitlist territory

It’s so absurd to still be waiting in April for regular decisions… this is like waitlist territory
it's especially disappointing considering we were told "over the weekend" 2 weekends ago

haven't received an R or any communication status since august saying my app was complete....

Has everyone (or anyone) received their FA info yet?
I saw mine, all loans rn but as far as I’m aware scholarship awards (both the ones you can apply for and the ones you’re automatically considered for based on certain criteria) are yet to be released

has anyone emailed dean heinrich this week for an update on decisions? i emailed him last week but no update on timeline…
I emailed a few weeks ago and was told I would hear back very soon, but never did...

Reactions: 1 user
Odds they would call on Easter? I’m starting to think they’re done with decisions until waitlist time

For what it's worth, it's possible (even likely) that the class is already filled. Between BS/MD and ED, NJMS already has a lot of spots filled by the time the normal interview season starts, which is part of the reason that there's so little WL movement. Best advice is to assume that you're on the PAL or AL if you haven't gotten a post-II decision, unfortunately.

Reactions: 4 users
For what it's worth, it's possible (even likely) that the class is already filled. Between BS/MD and ED, NJMS already has a lot of spots filled by the time the normal interview season starts, which is part of the reason that there's so little WL movement. Best advice is to assume that you're on the PAL or AL if you haven't gotten a post-II decision, unfortunately.
Really unfortunate especially because their waitlist doesn’t even move until mid June according to their website. Some med schools start in early July so people accepted elsewhere would have to commit to enroll and withdraw even if we prefer NJMS. But I guess they don’t care because they’ll fill the class no matter what.

this has been my assumption for a few weeks now…I think if we were gonna get As, they would’ve come by now unfortunately. we were prob just a little too late :/ would’ve been nice for them to just tell us though so we can mentally move on lol

this has been my assumption for a few weeks now…I think if we were gonna get As, they would’ve come by now unfortunately. we were prob just a little too late :/ would’ve been nice for them to just tell us though so we can mentally move on lol
They also interview way too many people for no reason, most area schools interview 300 people LESS than them to fill up the same size class and they aren't even as sought after as NJMS is

I honestly was skeptical of my mid December interview invite even when I first got it. Looking back through other threads it seems like acceptances for those interviewed later are few and far between. Maybe I should’ve done early decision or something.

I honestly was skeptical of my mid December interview invite even when I first got it. Looking back through other threads it seems like acceptances for those interviewed later are few and far between. Maybe I should’ve done early decision or something.
I got my II in mid-Jan and didn’t think twice…if the class is full why keep interviewing lol, it’s just a waste of everyone’s time and energy. I’m kinda fed up with them and debating withdrawing

I got my II in mid-Jan and didn’t think twice…if the class is full why keep interviewing lol, it’s just a waste of everyone’s time and energy. I’m kinda fed up with them and debating withdrawing
Then there are schools like temple that get so many applications and interviews and let everyone know on consistent decision dates through out the cycle, within 3ish months of interview. Even though they have a lot of people dropping As and lots of waitlist movement, being considerate to applicants is still feasible.

Hi all, finally got in touch with admissions and it seems like there will be minimal if any acceptances until people start dropping their spots in early May.

This makes me wonder what the difference is between people who have been officially informed of being waitlisted and people who just haven't heard back after their interviews when it comes to consideration for spots opening up in May.

This makes me wonder what the difference is between people who have been officially informed of being waitlisted and people who just haven't heard back after their interviews when it comes to consideration for spots opening up in May.

I was wondering the same, seems like there’s almost three types of waitlist going on rn

Exactly what I was thinking. If they pull from the pool of people they haven't given an official decision first if/when spots open in May, that feels pretty discouraging for people like me who have been told they are on the priority alternate list.

Exactly what I was thinking. If they pull from the pool of people they haven't given an official decision first if/when spots open in May, that feels pretty discouraging for people like me who have been told they are on the priority alternate list.
This is what I was saying earlier about the “high priority alternate list”, it’s semi-unofficial and they don’t tell anyone they’re on it bc they’re hoping to give A’s out once some people start dropping. Someone last year reported being told this late April when she got the call even though she’d never been notified

This process is so flawed, I wonder how many students are on this invisible waitlist versus how many seats even become available

And then there's some of us who haven't even gotten that pre-II R and just want closure lmao

Reactions: 4 users
I was told that I would be informed of being waitlisted soon. I am skeptical looking back on past threads though. Also it’s sus that everyone who calls or emails is told “this weekend” or “in a few days”.

Last edited by a moderator:
On an unrelated note, I am curious to see this year's match list.

For those who were accepted, how did you guys view your financial aid? I don’t have a net id so I’m very confused

can any current students speak on how it is living Newark and how the class culture is?

So is NJMS keeping the HP/H/P/F and ranking or are they changing it??

So is NJMS keeping the HP/H/P/F and ranking or are they changing it??
Per faculty/current students, the systems courses will be H/HP/P/F with no ranking (no quintiles on Dean's letter) for the class of 2027. These grades will be used to help determine AOA status (top 25% of the class eligible for nomination). The first two blocks (that make up your M1 fall "semester") are P/F.

At the accepted students day the current students said that admin are receptive to feedback, but the downside of this is that there may be mid-year changes to the schedule/grading scheme if the students really want something changed. In other words, what I have written above is tentative.