2022-2023 Rutgers, New Jersey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Per faculty/current students, the systems courses will be H/HP/P/F with no ranking (no quintiles on Dean's letter) for the class of 2027. These grades will be used to help determine AOA status (top 25% of the class eligible for nomination). The first two blocks (that make up your M1 fall "semester") are P/F.

At the accepted students day the current students said that admin are receptive to feedback, but the downside of this is that there may be mid-year changes to the schedule/grading scheme if the students really want something changed. In other words, what I have written above is tentative.
Are systems courses just first year or second year classes too?

Members don't see this ad.

hi there, i was placed on the priority alternate list and was just wondering if anyone knew anything about movement on this list/when i might expect to hear on a final decision. thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi there, i was placed on the priority alternate list and was just wondering if anyone knew anything about movement on this list/when i might expect to hear on a final decision. thank you!
Admissions told me they pull from that starting mid May

Reactions: 1 users
thank you! do you know if there is usually a lot of movement?
Looking at previous threads there’s some but not as much as other schools because njms fills a lot of their class with ED and bs/md people who only have one A and can’t drop their A.

at what point is it acceptable to email the Dean again when I might hear bc it’s been a month and I need to renew a lease or move lol

at what point is it acceptable to email the Dean again when I might hear bc it’s been a month and I need to renew a lease or move lol

im in the same boat here, I need to make housing plans but it seems like Dr. Heinrich doesn’t even give an entirely accurate answer on when we’ll hear back

im in the same boat here, I need to make housing plans but it seems like Dr. Heinrich doesn’t even give an entirely accurate answer on when we’ll hear back
I’m thinking about shooting him a follow up email, feel like that’s fair since it’s been a month since he said I’d hear over the weekend

Reactions: 1 user
Looking at previous threads there’s some but not as much as other schools because njms fills a lot of their class with ED and bs/md people who only have one A and can’t drop their A.
does anyone know if a letter of intent would hold any weight?

Does anyone know if they told us when we would hear about the scholarships that we had applied to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Officially priority alternate listed just now. January interview.

I haven’t gotten a response from the Dean and I didn’t get the apparent WL wave that just went out. This school is infuriating lol

I interviewed in March ☠️
Should I just accept that they will never get back to me

I just got an email from njmsapplicant apologizing for the significant delay in decisions, telling me I’m a strong candidate, and asking me to basically send an update letter/LOI 🙃

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
I just got an email from njmsapplicant apologizing for the significant delay in decisions, telling me I’m a strong candidate, and asking me to basically send an update letter/LOI 🙃
seems like no news was a good sign!

does anyone have info on dedicated time for step? when i looked at the academic calendar it didn't seem like there was any but i'm really hoping that i missed something. very torn about this school as it's my last chance for an A this cycle but i also don't love that exams are mostly on mondays and work-life balance doesn't seem to be great compared to other schools. feeling grateful but afraid lol

does anyone have info on dedicated time for step? when i looked at the academic calendar it didn't seem like there was any but i'm really hoping that i missed something. very torn about this school as it's my last chance for an A this cycle but i also don't love that exams are mostly on mondays and work-life balance doesn't seem to be great compared to other schools. feeling grateful but afraid lol
Maybe some current students could give some insight on your other concerns, but for step 1, it seems like they do have dedicated study time based on this:

Maybe some current students could give some insight on your other concerns, but for step 1, it seems like they do have dedicated study time based on this:
this is actually super helpful, thank you! not sure how i missed that big graphic haha

You’ll be fine. I have heard very good things about this school. Just get in!

Get that A and run!!

Reactions: 2 users
I also got this email - I hope it means good things!!

Reactions: 2 users
current M2/3s were given up to 7 weeks dedicated study time for Step 1

I'm gonna be completely honest...that's incredibly embarrassing for them. That kind of thing would be an instant R if it came from our end lol

This feels like the 913th consecutive Sunday of waiting for a call that is not going to come lol

has anyone gotten a pre-II R yet? i am very lucky to have an A somewhere else so not too invested, but I am just curious if they just ghost people entirely??

Did anyone else get the email about the priority alternate list review beginning? They sent it twice since it looks like there was a typo in the first one.

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else get the email about the priority alternate list review beginning? They sent it twice since it looks like there was a typo in the first one.
Same. Already sent an update a few weeks ago tho so idk what to do lol

yes gots it rn

Just got it as well, is this for all students on the priority waitlist?

I did not get that email but still haven’t heard anything since sending the update they requested 😵‍💫