2021-2022 Rutgers, New Jersey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does RWJMS do this too? Or are most of their seats available for regular admission?
Nope. It's limited to NJMS. The comparable number for RWJ is 31 out of 165. That said, they also had crappy WL movement the past few cycles, but nowhere near as bad as NJMS. Hopefully, things pick up this year. We'll see soon enough! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who may be waiting, I received a merit based scholarship earlier this week (did not apply for anything special). These have started to come out it seems.

Reactions: 1 users
For those who may be waiting, I received a merit based scholarship earlier this week (did not apply for anything special). These have started to come out it seems.
How were you notified ?

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you get your financial aid package? Is the only thing you have to fill out FAFSA or are there other forms to fill out

I reached out to admissions a couple weeks ago and they said they no longer had scholarships, but they were expecting a few 10k ones to distribute.
Not sure if they were lying though...
Is that just grants? What about need based financial aid?

Update on scholarships: I received a call today from admissions with a scholarship offer. Same restricted number that called me for the A.

Reactions: 4 users
Hoping for some movement on this Waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did they? When they say that? sorry, was not in the loop for that
it was included my waitlist email that they would begin considering the (regular) waitlist in June. not sure if that also applies to priority

• Wow
it was included my waitlist email that they would begin considering the (regular) waitlist in June. not sure if that also applies to priority
Oh that's interesting. I took a look at my email and it says: "Review of the Priority Alternate List typically begins in May, but should an opportunity arise before then, we will notify you immediately." But i feel like that's such a lie. LOL

Interesting approach these schools have. People have to find roommates, find apartments to rent, make moving arrangements. Many are holding up seats at other schools not allowing waitlist movement for others due to this issue. Some are are already giving in renting apartments near a school they do hold an acceptance at and at a risk losing deposit money in case if they are accepted here or elsewhere. Also have to spend extra for a new deposit in case if taken off of a waitlist. Imagine the stress of people that hold 0 acceptances?! They are already going insane writing their new applications. This process is not efficient and has to be changed for the future applicants. Middle of May-August admission from a waitlist is simply wrong. How about someone starting school in July and other med schools start in August, then what should one do?

Reactions: 3 users
Interesting approach these schools have. People have to find roommates, find apartments to rent, make moving arrangements. Many are holding up seats at other schools not allowing waitlist movement for others due to this issue. Some are are already giving in renting apartments near a school they do hold an acceptance at and at a risk losing deposit money in case if they are accepted here or elsewhere. Also have to spend extra for a new deposit in case if taken off of a waitlist. Imagine the stress of people that hold 0 acceptances?! They are already going insane writing their new applications. This process is not efficient and has to be changed for the future applicants. Middle of May-August admission from a waitlist is simply wrong. How about someone starting school in July and other med schools start in August, then what should one do?
AGREED 100%. People have to move on with their lives. Not everyone can simply wait wait wait till freakin July...

Reactions: 2 users
Did they? When they say that? sorry, was not in the loop for tha
Oh that's interesting. I took a look at my email and it says: "Review of the Priority Alternate List typically begins in May, but should an opportunity arise before then, we will notify you immediately." But i feel like that's such a lie. LOL
Dean heinrich emailed me saying it will probably be closer to june, sadly. Its so late but staying hopeful

• Wow
Dean heinrich emailed me saying it will probably be closer to june, sadly. Its so late but staying hopeful
Thanks for this. Do you know why June? Why are they waiting till June to release A's off the WL. Any guesses?

Thanks for this. Do you know why June? Why are they waiting till June to release A's off the WL. Any guesses?
I think NJMS was consistent in saying WL movement would occur in June and seems like they like to hold off on filling more available class seats once people fully make their decisions. Even though it’s pretty late I’m kind of grateful for their transparency compared to other schools just shrugging everything off for WL applicants.

I think NJMS was consistent in saying WL movement would occur in June and seems like they like to hold off on filling more available class seats once people fully make their decisions. Even though it’s pretty late I’m kind of grateful for their transparency compared to other schools just shrugging everything off for WL applicants.
LOL true, but they've also kept interviewees who interviewed back in sept/oct in the dark for months so idk about transparency lol

They're not transparent. Been in the dark since December WL

Last edited:
  • Haha
LOL true, but they've also kept interviewees who interviewed back in sept/oct in the dark for months so idk about transparency lol
Correction: transparent with just the WL movement start LOL. I could never call any school super transparent period

Priority alternate list! Interviewed on 10/11

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Priority waitlist….interviewed 12/21

• Wow
I was interviewed in November and was placed on the priority alternate list in January. Seeing people placed on it so late is interesting. Would y’all say that this list is a soft R or that maybe people have withdrew from the priority alternate list so they’re filling up those spots?

I was interviewed in November and was placed on the priority alternate list in January. Seeing people placed on it so late is interesting. Would y’all say that this list is a soft R or that maybe people have withdrew from the priority alternate list so they’re filling up those spots?
Honestly that’s the thing. We have no idea. Most likely the rate we see it at, it seems like a soft R. But I dunno honestly.

Do you remember if it was early or late January? I actually interviewed in Jan and then heard back about WL in March, but it seems so not fair to be interviewing more applicants when there are students on the WL.......like what

Honestly that’s the thing. We have no idea. Most likely the rate we see it at, it seems like a soft R. But I dunno honestly.
They could at least put you on the regular alternate list for the soft R lol. Priority sounds too hopeful.

Do you remember if it was early or late January? I actually interviewed in Jan and then heard back about WL in March, but it seems so not fair to be interviewing more applicants when there are students on the WL.......like what
Dead middle of January.

What really is the point of priority alternate if it literally means nothing...

What really is the point of priority alternate if it literally means nothing...
I'm on the regular WL here so it means even less than nothing for me. But I'm on the priority alternate for RWJMS and it basically means nothing there too... I don't understand med school admissions

• Sad
I'm on the regular WL here so it means even less than nothing for me. But I'm on the priority alternate for RWJMS and it basically means nothing there too... I don't understand med school admissions
hopefully, we will get some kind of movement in june :O

• Hmm
I know it’s a hard wait, y’all. I also know what it’s like to sit in limbo, this is my second year doing it. I have faith that there will be at least some movement, definitely not for all of us though. I wish you all the best of luck.

• Care