2016-2017 Rutgers University - NJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary 7/24 and never got a complete email... Letters were sent to them like 7/18. Anybody else have this issue??

+1 I never got a complete email from NJMS and submitted on 7/24

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I am wondering if people are confusing a complete email with an email confirming you submitted your secondary because I already interviewed and never got a complete email, just one for submitting a secondary.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!!

Interviewed 7/26 got the call 8/7 at 9pm

I just cant believe it....

Reactions: 5 users
Also, I wanted to say for the people who are interviewing mine was not relaxed and conversational at all in the beginning. I literally got grilled about every blemish on my application (there were a few) for like 20 minutes before it got relaxed so be prepared to discuss any weaknesses. They didn't ask why I wanna be a doctor or why I want to go to njms either which I thought was strange.

I'm not saying this to scare people but it made me feel worse after the interview because it wasn't what I was expecting at all after reading this year and last years forum. If anyone has more questions feel free to pm me.

@Strider_91 stats? BTW congrats. jealous you heard back wondering if i should've done ED myself! hopefully that will be me in a couple of months

@Strider_91 stats? BTW congrats. jealous you heard back wondering if i should've done ED myself! hopefully that will be me in a couple of months

Took a big risk with ED but I'm glad it paid off.

Im a bit non traditional so my stats probably wont be that helpful for you but if you wanna PM me I can give you some details.

Congratulations to all the acceptances!!! I hope we are First Years together!!!
I got a confirmation email 7/25 but AMCAS verified me 8/4 so I am more likely in the August 4th pile.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an II!!! My first one i'm so happy!

Secondary received July 23rd, submitted July 25th, LizzyM of ~76

Reactions: 5 users
Oh man, how exciting. Staring at email.....

Hey all,

I think we should make a FB group for accepted students..I went to do this but it seems I need to invite someone in order to actually start it which means I need to be FB friends with someone first who got in so if someone wants to PM me lets get it going.

Theres also a chance I'm doing it wrong so if someone else that's more facebook savvy wants to do it by all means.

Hm, I thought I'd get one of those sweet, sweet IIs from NJMS. Complete 7/23.

Hm, I thought I'd get one of those sweet, sweet IIs from NJMS. Complete 7/23.

Same! I'm in the SMP here and techically I'm guarantee and interview based on my MCAT and program GPA. I submitted the same night the secondary went out.

A liaison to the committee said itd be around the 30th before II's went out but it looks like she's mistaken.

EDIT: before RD II's went out.* Maybe the above people were special cases.

Last edited:
Hey I got it working, it would be great if all accepted students could join!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1638402386488321/

Hey all,

I think we should make a FB group for accepted students..I went to do this but it seems I need to invite someone in order to actually start it which means I need to be FB friends with someone first who got in so if someone wants to PM me lets get it going.

Theres also a chance I'm doing it wrong so if someone else that's more facebook savvy wants to do it by all means.

Last edited:
okay I joined that group, I made one too so its complicated but lets just go with yours and I'll delete mine when everyone leaves.

okay I joined that group, I made one too so its complicated but lets just go with yours and I'll delete mine when everyone leaves.

LOL. Hopefully I get to join both! Anyone else ED who hasn't heard any news yet?

Did anyone get a complete email or secondary acknowledgement email after submitting?

Even a complete email?

I'm sorry. Getting the schools confused. I actually emailed them and they said my app was complete. Sorry about the confusion! I only received a "thank you" email after submitting the secondary.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Just got the call!

In case anyone is wondering:

Early decision applicant. In-state applicant. Interviewed the third week in July, got accepted ~3 weeks later. Feel free to PM me with any questions and good luck to everyone else applying!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Do you mind sharing your stats? I am ED also and interviewed last week.

II this afternoon! IS, LizzyM = 78, complete ~8/6, STOKED/10

Do you mind sharing your stats? I am ED also and interviewed last week.
Oops sorry I saw this so late! Sure, I'll message you! I just don't want to be easily recognizable by posting it here but I can send my stats to anyone else who is interested.

Last edited:
Oops sorry I saw this so late! Sure, I'll message you! I just don't want to be easily recognizable by posting it here but I can send my stats to anyone else who is interested.
Me, too, if you wouldn't mind! And if you could also include which Masters program you attended, that would be great. Thanks so much and congratulations!!

Just got the call! :soexcited:

In case anyone is wondering:

Early decision applicant. Got an email acknowledging that my secondary was received, but no email confirming "completion."
In-state applicant, did a Master's program after graduation. Interviewed the third week in July, got accepted ~3 weeks later. Feel free to PM me with any questions and good luck to everyone else applying!

Congratsssssssssss, you must be excited, do you mind sharing which masters program you attended? or if you could PM me, I would be appreciative :)

Are you ED/IS? Wondering as I submitted around the same time

I'm in-state, but not early decision. There doesn't seem to be that strong of a correlation between submission date and interview invite extension, however, so I wouldn't be too worried just yet!

Interview Invite just now! Complete 7/24, IS, RD

How long does it take to hear back after submission of secondaries? I submitted mine on aug 29.

Well, what I am counting as "complete" is an email with the subject: Secondary Application - Confirmation Email