2016-2017 Rutgers University - NJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WedgeDawg

not actually a dog
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.
Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag me and/or @Ismet and we'll update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

What is the difference between Rutgers NJMS and Rutgers RWJMS?
Both NJMS and RWJMS are Rutgers-Affiliated, but they are independent institutions. NJMS is located in Newark, NJ and is associated with University Hospital (among others in the area), while RWJMS is located in New Brunswick, NJ, and associated with hospitals in that area. Although both schools are part of Rutgers, they have separate applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
Both NJMS and RWJMS are Rutgers-Affiliated, but they are independent institutions. NJMS is located in Newark, NJ and is associated with University Hospital (among others in the area), while RWJMS is located in New Brunswick, NJ, and associated with hospitals in that area. Although both schools are part of Rutgers, they have separate applications.
Thanks!!!

Any ED applicants get the secondary yet?

Last edited:
Do you mind posting the prompts? Or are they the same as last year?

i believe so...applied ED and got my secondary Friday night. Friend who applied broadly and submitted primary application same time as me hasn't gotten a secondary yet.

Cool I'm breathing a sigh of relief lol. A know a few other people applying ED who got their secondary Friday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know if we can write NA for questions that don't apply to us? For instance, one question asks "If you don't currently reside in NJ, please share connections (if any) you may have."

Agree with yowyyz, would someone mind posting the prompts? Thank you!
1.) We value qualities of integrity, humanism, diversity, and cultural competency in our student body. What would you bring to our medical school community? 1500 characters
2.) Please discuss additional information not addressed in your application that you feel is important for the screening committee to know in reviewing your application (i.e. personal experiences, examples of resilience, discrepancies in academic history, etc...).
3.) If there is any other information you feel enriches your candidacy, please feel free to share it here:
4.) If you don't currently reside in NJ, please share connections (if any) you may have.
5.) If you will not be a full time student between June 2016-August 2017, please describe in detail your planned activities, including chronology and time commitment.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys know if we can write NA for questions that don't apply to us? For instance, one question asks "If you don't currently reside in NJ, please share connections (if any) you may have."
I am putting N/A for that question. I'm answering the rest.

Has anyone received an interview yet? NJMS website states interviews are granted as early as July 1st!

does anyone know how early can an interview be conducted on the day you schedule it for? like 9am or something?

Has anyone received an interview yet? NJMS website states in/terviews are granted as early as July 1st!
Submitted secondary last week. But have not yet heard from NJMS for an interview.. Has any one scheduled for an interview

Submitted secondary last week. But have not yet heard from NJMS for an interview.. Has any one scheduled for an interview
Submitted last week too...I'm thinking they are waiting after holiday weekend to send out interviews!?

Hm surprised that of all schools, I haven't gotten a secondary from this one yet! Cooper and RWJ came in over the weekend.

Thank you! I have an interview scheduled 7/7 at 11:00.
I was curious on following credentials on candidates who received interviews for benefit of me and others waiting on interview call. Interview feedback for people who is going for an interview.
MCAT
GPA
Extra Curricular
Interview Feedback

Anyone else that applied ED been waiting a while for an interview invite?

In!! :) Still can't believe it

Reactions: 2 users
Hm surprised that of all schools, I haven't gotten a secondary from this one yet! Cooper and RWJ came in over the weekend.
I am applying regular decision but still have not received a secondary yet despite being verified at AMCAS on June 14. Has anyone not applying ED received secondary from NJMS yet?

I am applying regular decision but still have not received a secondary yet despite being verified at AMCAS on June 14. Has anyone not applying ED received secondary from NJMS yet?
I'm also regular applicant and haven't received the secondary. I know they don't screen, so not sure what the holdup is.

Reactions: 1 user