2015-2016 University of Miami (Miller) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wondering... for people who interviewed before. If you didn't get accepted on a specific acceptance day, do they "alternate list you". I got alternate listed last week at that incognito meeting where a few of us heard back. I'm wondering if there is a chance we get accepted at tomorrow's meeting, or if you're alternate listed until after they accept the class and then people start dropping?

Members don't see this ad.

If I was accepted in December but still haven't gotten any sort of scholarship/financial aid, is it safe to assume by now I won't be getting any?

I called a while ago and was told the scholarship committee meets this week. If you're awarded something, it'll get sent by mail

Got a "your application will be reviewed a final time" status. I haven't seen anyone mention this status before, is that because this is the last acceptance date? Also- have certain statuses indicated acceptance vs alt list in the past? Getting so anxious tomorrow can't come fast enough !

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a "your application will be reviewed a final time" status. I haven't seen anyone mention this status before, is that because this is the last acceptance date? Also- have certain statuses indicated acceptance vs alt list in the past? Getting so anxious tomorrow can't come fast enough !

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
I have the same thing and have had it since my interview on the 14th of March. A friend of mine who did get waitlisted (who interviewed the same date) had their status change to "A final decision has been made."

I just really don't know the chances of the admissions committee meeting again today to do that "final review," but if you haven't been waitlisted yet with that status at least we still may be in the hunt

So, is it a good thing if we have not yet heard back from miami if we interviewed in March for the MD program?

So, is it a good thing if we have not yet heard back from miami if we interviewed in March for the MD program?
I'm really not sure how responsive they are with status updates and/or admissions decisions other than acceptances. You could have heard if it was an acceptance really any Wednesday after your interview and not necessarily waited for tomorrow. On the other hand, they have also been sending out waiting list notifications already for some of those who had the last interview date so. So if you haven't heard anything yet, obviously there is a chance tomorrow you will hear something, hopefully positive. Or the other side of it which is grim, and we are in the same boat here, is they just are delayed on sending out alternate notifications/ may be a rejection notification in the next few weeks. I would check your status on hubspring and see if it has been changed to a final admission decision has been changed. If it has, I would be very confident you will hear something tomorrow or a response in the next few days.

I'm really not sure how responsive they are with status updates and/or admissions decisions other than acceptances. You could have heard if it was an acceptance really any Wednesday after your interview and not necessarily waited for tomorrow. On the other hand, they have also been sending out waiting list notifications already for some of those who had the last interview date so. So if you haven't heard anything yet, obviously there is a chance tomorrow you will hear something, hopefully positive. Or the other side of it which is grim, and we are in the same boat here, is they just are delayed on sending out alternate notifications/ may be a rejection notification in the next few weeks. I would check your status on hubspring and see if it has been changed to a final admission decision has been changed. If it has, I would be very confident you will hear something tomorrow or a response in the next few days.
Thank you!
For some reason, my status portal isn't working. Can someone send me the link they have been using?

Thanks

Thank you!
For some reason, my status portal isn't working. Can someone send me the link they have been using?

Thanks
Super aggravating because my acp portal won't show me any status updates... I tried calling them to see if they could fix the problem, but apparently they couldn't. what is your status page supposed to look like? This is all mine says... and it won't let me click on the "check your status" link.... (if it is a link after all).
Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 9.56.17 AM.png

Super aggravating because my acp portal won't show me any status updates... I tried calling them to see if they could fix the problem, but apparently they couldn't. what is your status page supposed to look like? This is all mine says... and it won't let me click on the "check your status" link.... (if it is a link after all). View attachment 202127
The bottom of the page would have another section(s) of the programs you applied to, and the status of each underneath it. It either says you'll be reviewed a final time or a decision has been made (those are the only two options that I know of from and may be others.)

Reactions: 1 user
The bottom of the page would have another section(s) of the programs you applied to, and the status of each underneath it. It either says you'll be reviewed a final time or a decision has been made (those are the only two options that I know of from and may be others.)
Interesting.... this is what my status has said ever since i sent in my secondary: "Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants who are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted via email to schedule an interview".
But I already had my interview...

Does anyone's status still say "Your application and interview report will be reviewed by the admissions committee?"

Interesting.... this is what my status has said ever since i sent in my secondary: "Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants who are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted via email to schedule an interview".
But I already had my interview...
That's pretty weird but would really be an example of possible administration delays in updating statuses (especially since they haven't changed your status to even that you have gotten an interview.) I would wait till tomorrow and see if you hear anything, and if you don't hear anything at all, even a waitlist or rejection WITH that same non-updated status I would for sure call again and just see where you are at.

but you haven't heard anything yet so just keep fingers crossed for tomorrow!

That's pretty weird but would really be an example of possible administration delays in updating statuses (especially since they haven't changed your status to even that you have gotten an interview.) I would wait till tomorrow and see if you hear anything, and if you don't hear anything at all, even a waitlist or rejection WITH that same non-updated status I would for sure call again and just see where you are at.

but you haven't heard anything yet so just keep fingers crossed for tomorrow!
Thank you!!! SO nervous :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Members don't see this ad :)
so if we don't have the "a final decision has been reached" status yet, should we assume that we won't be hearing yet tomorrow?

so if we don't have the "a final decision has been reached" status yet, should we assume that we won't be hearing yet tomorrow?
Really not too sure about that one. On one hand we just saw an example of someone's status to be completely non-reflective of their admissions status while on the other I do know of one case personally in which they got their decision after their status was changed to "final decision has been made." We can really just wait and hang by your email and phone. Maybe they are doing one last meeting today/tomorrow morning for status updates.

But actually tho. I hope the new class isn't as intense as they seem on here. Just chill out y'all.

Sorry...was recovering from wisdom tooth removal and was not in a good mood. Usually not that much of a downer I swear lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone... anything? I just got a call from a 305- number... and I was FREAKING out.

Turns out it was a "support the state troopers" line.

:bang:

This is quite strange that no one on SDN heard back today. Does anyone know when the next acceptance day is. I can't find the link to the website with the list.

This is quite strange that no one on SDN heard back today. Does anyone know when the next acceptance day is. I can't find the link to the website with the list.
That was the last official one

My boyfriend called for me today to ask them what is happening and it seems like the committee meeting was running late and they should get back to us by Friday.

Gluck everyone.

Good grief. You mean I started my self-loathing binge eating for nothing?

Reactions: 4 users
Good grief. You mean I started my self-loathing binge eating for nothing?
I ate through a half packet of ginger snaps... I feel you. But I feel like there's no way that this could be the last meeting. Did they really get those last interviews turned around that fast?

I ate through a half packet of ginger snaps... I feel you. But I feel like there's no way that this could be the last meeting. Did they really get those last interviews turned around that fast?

I mean, did I really just consume over six thousand calories in an hour without realizing it? Anything is possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
LOL April fools came a little late this year

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone have an idea when we may find the results from the April 6 meeting? My housemate has been playing "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere" since yesterday morning on repeat and I'm loosing my mind.

Good luck today everyone ! Hope some of us get good news

Good luck today everyone ! Hope some of us get good news

Mine still says that my app and interview report need to be reviewed by the committee, but I hope we hear something today- good luck!

Mine still says that my app and interview report need to be reviewed by the committee, but I hope we hear something today- good luck!
Mine says the same thing... I honestly don't know how much the online portal reflects were we are during this process. Either way, gluck to all :)

Miamiiiiii you're killin' me! Did anyone call them? Or do we get to wait 48+ hours till Monday?

Miamiiiiii you're killin' me! Did anyone call them? Or do we get to wait 48+ hours till Monday?
I was told that we would hear back sometime over the next two weeks via email when I called

Hey guys! I still haven't gotten answer from the office about anything. It says my application has been received but I still haven't received an interview invitation or gotten rejected. What do you guys think?

Hey guys! I still haven't gotten answer from the office about anything. It says my application has been received but I still haven't received an interview invitation or gotten rejected. What do you guys think?

They've already finished interviews, unfortunately