2019-2020 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else email him recently? I find it odd he gave two opposite answers.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
trust y'all, lets give it time and see what happens this week. Its almost totally out of our control.

Reactions: 3 users
Matriculating into the MD/MPH program...there are 47 people in the groupme right now and usually 50 in a class

Just for reference as of today the Facebook page is at 240 members, the active groupme at 140 members, and we’ve seen 4 people say bye/withdrawing in the groupchat.
have you seen recent additions to the fb group/ group me since the 31st? hang tight everyone I'm sure everything will turn out fine!!

Reactions: 2 users
have you seen recent additions to the fb group/ group me since the 31st? hang tight everyone I'm sure everything will turn out fine!!

4 people have joined the groupme since the 31st but I checked their Facebook join date and they’ve been accepted in previous months.

There is 1 person that has been pending invite to the facebook this weekend but it looks like someone tried inviting their friend rather than a mod/admin inviting someone who was accepted

Emailed Weisman last night regarding waitlist. Response was that there were no seats available, but that could change.
I got the same response, I think they have more people who have accepted their seats this cycle. They probably sent out the first wave of alternate list acceptances and have to wait and see if there are spots left this week

t
4 people have joined the groupme since the 31st but I checked their Facebook join date and they’ve been accepted in previous months.

There is 1 person that has been pending invite to the facebook this weekend but it looks like someone tried inviting their friend rather than a mod/admin inviting someone who was accepted
you rock thanks soo much!

Yeah something is off. If there are no seats, then it means they either
1) overaccepted like hell
2) people saw the match list and changed their mind
Probably both.
what was wrong w/ their match list?

Members don't see this ad :)
what was wrong w/ their match list?

I think it meant more like it was a good match so ppl decided to keep their acceptance which means less waitlist movement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
the match list was fairly comparable to previous years so im not sure that would be a significant factor. also because of the new curriculum and step potentially being p/f for our class I don't know how great of a metric previous match lists are for deciding on schools.

Anyone here recently admitted and can add me to the groupme ? I don't have ig or fb and I'd like to start meeting some of my classmates :)

Anyone here recently admitted and can add me to the groupme ? I don't have ig or fb and I'd like to start meeting some of my classmates :)
If you don’t mind sharing, we’re you recently accepted off the alternate list?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey fam sharing with ya'll as usual bc im not a gunner dingus:

Dear UM Miller Alternate List applicant:

Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. It is currently not possible to predict if you will be coming off of the alternate list or not. We currently have approximately 20 accepted students, who have failed to utilize the AMCAS “Chose Your Medical School” program and have not designated where they will be attending medical school. We are hoping to resolve this in the upcoming days. Until they follow the AMCAS Traffic rules, we will not know if there are seats available.

Sincerely,

Richard S. Weisman, Pharm.D., FAACT

• Sad
Reactions: 14 users

Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. It is currently not possible to predict if you will be coming off of the alternate list or not. We currently have approximately 20 accepted students, who have failed to utilize the AMCAS “Chose Your Medical School” program and have not designated where they will be attending medical school. We are hoping to resolve this in the upcoming days. Until they follow the AMCAS Traffic rules, we will not know if there are seats available.

Sincerely,

"Dear UM Miller Alternate List applicant" lolol

Sincerely,

Did you email him a third time? Or did he send this to all alternates?

When is the deadline to select Commit to Enroll and pay the deposit here?

Got the exact same email too!

Sincerely,

For what is worth I am most likely withdrawing from the MD/MPH program. I got an offer to what was my top choice on 4/30/2020. Since, it was last minute, I asked for some time to decide pending financial aid but regardless of debt, I will most likely be going. I just want to wait to make sure I know what I am getting myself into.

Reactions: 10 users
It should be MOVE OUT DAY for those 20 people ASAP

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
I received this when I asked about the class being full. Did anyone else get something similar? I emailed him last night.
“ I am still optimistic. I think we will have some movement this week.

Thanks for your continued interest.“

Officially withdrew, very tough choice, but the west coast is calling my name!

Reactions: 12 users
I received this when I asked about the class being full. Did anyone else get something similar? I emailed him last night.
“ I am still optimistic. I think we will have some movement this week.

Thanks for your continued interest.“

Yeah I think this is what I’ve been saying that he’s honest if he thinks you’ll get in. Probably for the others who got the other response it’s not that likely. Obviously take his email with a grain of salt because things seem particularly crazy this year. Before anyone says to not worry about deciphering his emails: you’re all neurotic pre-meds (I was and still am the same way) and somehow nit picking emails is better than simply waiting in purgatory lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 new individuals joined the Facebook group today; total at 242

Do you all think that scholarships offered from medical schools in general will renew for the four years even during a recession? Cuz I remember specifically Weismann said that the U hospital funds the Miller scholarships but if they lose a lot of revenue from cancellation of elective procedures and non-urgent consults due to COVID, can they lower or cancel scholarships in the future?

Do you all think that scholarships offered from medical schools in general will renew for the four years even during a recession? Cuz I remember specifically Weismann said that the U hospital funds the Miller scholarships but if they lose a lot of revenue from cancellation of elective procedures and non-urgent consults due to COVID, can they lower or cancel scholarships in the future?

Your best bet is to e-mail him (with a throwaway email if more comfortable) and get an answer directly.

Has anyone had any new updates from Weisman?
Got this response this morning, similar to what others posted earlier this week. My guess is he won't have any updates until next week.

• Sad
Got this response this morning, similar to what others posted earlier this week. My guess is he won't have any updates until next week.

got this yesterday as well :/

Does anyone know how big the waitlist usually is? Someone said everyone gets either accepted or put on the WL but I wasn’t sure if that was true.

MSAR says 300 with 75 admitted. tough to say whether the 75 includes students admitted from WL through out the year.