2019-2020 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It’s difficult to say how WL movement is documented on the MSAR due to how admissions works.

Everyone that is interviewed is put in an alternate list from the get go and continually ranked biweekly. The top 20 get pulled off at each and the process starts over.

N=1 I received my WL in the mail and then accepted a week later.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how big the waitlist usually is? Someone said everyone gets either accepted or put on the WL but I wasn’t sure if that was true.

Ive seen some posts from people saying they got rejected. Only issue is they quickly deleted said post

Ive seen some posts from people saying they got rejected. Only issue is they quickly deleted said post

I’ve heard from others in my class that there are some people rejected but it seems like it’s not normal for that to happen. They always say you either get accepted or get put on the alternate list but when there’s a big red flag during the interview I’m sure they reject those applicants outright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This has been awfully quiet recently

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users
This has been awfully quiet recently
not sure if there is anything left to say till someone says they got off the waitlist, all we can do is be patient and cautiously optimistic

not sure if there is anything left to say till someone says they got off the waitlist, all we can do is be patient and cautiously optimistic
Just kinda worried cuz I had received a very promising response from them earlier in the week and it’s been radio silence since.

He said he was optimistic there’d be seats in the next few days

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
He said he was optimistic there’d be seats in the next few days
I received the same thing. I'm assuming the spots aren't opening up as he hoped. Unfortunately, I've started looking for housing at my other option. I'm still hoping the emails I got from him about remaining optimistic are going to pan out, but I'm starting to move forward just in case.

• Love
Just kinda worried cuz I had received a very promising response from them earlier in the week and it’s been radio silence since.

Their class of 2020 just graduated today, so maybe they were focusing on that for this entire week. Hoping for some more noise next week!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
moving forward as well... feel like I'm losing out on housing options at my other school.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Their class of 2020 just graduated today, so maybe they were focusing on that for this entire week. Hoping for some more noise next week!
I am really hoping you're right

Members don't see this ad :)
I know 2 people in the class of 2024 MD-MPH groupme just decided to withdraw from Miller! So don’t lose hope yet! Good luck to everyone on the WL

So my potential future roommate wants to sign a lease by the end of next week for my back up school. Do you guys think if we don’t hear anything by next Friday then it’s probably game over and I should just go for signing the lease? Weisman has given me multiple emails saying he’s optimistic and that’s the only reason I have any hope at all that I might be removed from the list if they end up having any movement at all.

So my potential future roommate wants to sign a lease by the end of next week for my back up school. Do you guys think if we don’t hear anything by next Friday then it’s probably game over and I should just go for signing the lease? Weisman has given me multiple emails saying he’s optimistic and that’s the only reason I have any hope at all that I might be removed from the list if they end up having any movement at all.
I’d be cautious of signing the lease because you also gotta remember that classes might even be virtual next semester

also in a similar predicament. based on past threads it seems WL movement has been minimal beyond that first week of may :(

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
A lot of places don’t sign leases until a month before when you want to move in. I would wait a couple more weeks.

also in a similar predicament. based on past threads it seems WL movement has been minimal beyond that first week of may :(
That’s why I feel like after next week the movement is pretty much done? I’m only hoping for movement this week since I think COVID messed up the deadlines for May 1st

That’s why I feel like after next week the movement is pretty much done? I’m only hoping for movement this week since I think COVID messed up the deadlines for May 1st

this thread is saying that movement is done by next week. Another thread Has people saying that most movement is mid-late May lol

this thread is saying that movement is done by next week. Another thread Has people saying that most movement is mid-late May lol

I think we all need to keep in mind that we’re in a pandemic that screwed up the way most businesses function, including admissions committees. Lol

I'm just gonna wait and not commit to my other school, but if I do end up getting in here that'd be lovely and would make arrangements for Miami then

I'm just gonna wait and not commit to my other school, but if I do end up getting in here that'd be lovely and would make arrangements for Miami then

And this is why WL movement is minimal at most schools. Everyone’s reluctant to commit

Its tough to blanket WL movement across schools. Each school is very different. I don't think it's an issue of Miami being delayed.. I think its more so an issue of minimal spots opening up this year. :thumbdown: I hope I'm wrong

And this is why WL movement is minimal at most schools. Everyone’s reluctant to commit

I mean you can’t fault this person for not committing, its in his/her best interest to hold out. If anything schools need to push up the CTE deadline, it makes no sense that some dates are mid-July.

I mean you can’t fault this person for not committing, its in his/her best interest to hold out. If anything schools need to push up the CTE deadline, it makes no sense that some dates are mid-July.

Im not singling anyone out. Things won’t change until schools and the AAMC enforce a CTE date

Its tough to blanket WL movement across schools. Each school is very different. I don't think it's an issue of Miami being delayed.. I think its more so an issue of minimal spots opening up this year. :thumbdown: I hope I'm wrong

Early someone quoted Weisman saying that 20 applicants w/ A’s failed to use the CYMS tool. Then there are people holding onto their WL spots while Holding A’s elsewhere... It’s definitely slowing WL movement at Miami

I'm fairly confident most schools enforce CTE dates. PTE dates on the other hand.....

Early someone quoted Weisman saying that 20 applicants w/ A’s failed to use the CYMS tool. Then there are people holding onto their WL spots while Holding A’s elsewhere... It’s definitely slowing WL movement at Miami
you're making the false assumption that those 20 students who failed to use the tool on the 30th did not in fact end up using CYMS/committing to Miami. Weisman also stated they are hoping to resolve it this past week meaning if those students ended up not committing..we likely would have seen some WL movement this past week.

you're making the false assumption that those 20 students who failed to use the tool on the 30th did not in fact end up using CYMS/committing to Miami. Weisman also stated they are hoping to resolve it this past week meaning if those students ended up not committing..we likely would have seen some WL movement this past week.

Hmm, true didn’t think of that

• Sad
Has anyone emailed him lately? I thought he had emailed that copy paste email on Thursday?

What do you mean? I’m holding onto 1 acceptance but Miami is my top choice so I am hoping to get off this WL.

What do you mean? I’m holding onto 1 acceptance but Miami is my top choice so I am hoping to get off this WL.

Exactly my point. There’s no reason to drop a WL spot or an A unless you’ve already been accepted to your top choice.

kinda hoping someone bites the bullet and gets an update from wiesman about how the WL movement is gonna look like

kinda hoping someone bites the bullet and gets an update from wiesman about how the WL movement is gonna look like
I emailed him and he basically said we’ve only accepted a few applicants off the list and can’t predict anything

As of today, there is 240 ppl on Facebook (which includes admins, med students, and some people who have said they are committing elsewhere but haven't left group yet) and 151 students on the groupme.

14 people have been added since Apr 30th.

• Sad
don't have much hope about getting off the WL now rip

Have any accepted students heard anything from Miller since the 30th? I haven’t heard a thing and figured we would have at least Pre-matriculation checklist at this point.