2020-2021 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get an email back after saying you want to stay on the waitlist? Pure silence over here
Some students got confirmations, but others didn’t. Don’t sweat it ☺️☺️ They’re not the best at responding I didn’t get my confirmation until weeks afterwards

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it common to ask admissions what your position is on the waitlist and they’ll tell you?

Reactions: 1 user
Is it common to ask admissions what your position is on the waitlist and they’ll tell you?
They won’t tell you your exact place but Dean Weisman will give you an idea of what it’s looking like and if he thinks you’re likely to get off

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call this morning!!!! My top choice!!! Good luck everyone and stay patient and persistent b/c it can happen!

Reactions: 10 users
Got the call this morning!!!! My top choice!!! Good luck everyone and stay patient and persistent b/c it can happen!
Awww I've seen you posting here for a while - glad to see it all worked out! Hope you're able to join us in August :)

Awww I've seen you posting here for a while - glad to see it all worked out! Hope you're able to join us in August :)
Thank you!! I knew after the interview that Miami was the one so I will definitely be there! Hopefully I can get added to the FB soon so I can start interacting with everyone :)

What is the next step after they call you ? Do they also send an email ?

Do you guys think it’s too late to send a letter of interest? I was waitlisted a couple days ago, so I’m guessing a LOI wouldn’t change my position on the WL?

You’re saying the difference between what Miami is giving you and what the other school is giving you is 100k? 🤯
Yes and I’m panicking because I picked Miami. The other school was better ranked but the location wasn’t the best .

Last edited:
  • Care
Yes and I’m panicking because I picked Miami. The other school was better ranked but the location wasn’t the best .
It’s okay. I know debt is scary but 100K loan is about $1,000 a month in repayment which when you’re a physician making 20K plus a month you should have no problem paying back. Your happiness and sanity is important too.

Does anybody know what is included in the orientation package? Trying to figure out what all I need to buy, like a stethoscope, iPad, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been able to login to Blackboard and if so please DM me! I can only get into Canelink and starting to stress about it heh

Thanks! This shows the computer requirements but not much else. I just don't want to be buying stuff that they're gonna give us, ya know?
I think they only give us a stethoscope and some apparel, a backpack, etc. No technology as far as I know

Anyone hear about merit scholarships after April 30?

how are accepted students added to the facebook group? email admissions?

Got the acceptance call for the MD/MPH program tonight :)

Reactions: 7 users
starting to lose hope, miami is my dream school but my other school has a commit deadline of next week. :(

starting to lose hope, miami is my dream school but my other school has a commit deadline of next week. :(
Send Weisman an email now and let him know that straight up. I did and got the A two days later 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone from WL received an Acceptance today ? Or is the process done ?

My friend sent a LOI a few weeks ago and was just accepted off the WL to Miller MD yesterday. He interviewed in November 2020 fwiw.

does anyone know why miller’s derm matches aren’t listed for this past year or did they not have any?

does anyone know why miller’s derm matches aren’t listed for this past year or did they not have any?
they did have matches, idk why but the match list online is inaccurate and missing a bunch of matches. I shared a more accurate summary from match day here

They for sure had at least 5 not sure why you can’t see them

EDIT: Whoops just saw TelemarketingEnigma’s reply above; but yeah those are the derm matches!

Hi everyone! I recently got admitted and I’m looking into getting into the FB group or any GroupMe chats. Should I email/call admissions? Wait?

what’s total cost of attendance? i can only find how much tuition is on the website.

Anyone else get an email to apply to their grad program for public health sciences?? Hope this isn't a soft R for those waitlisted...

Anyone else get an email to apply to their grad program for public health sciences?? Hope this isn't a soft R for those waitlisted...
I have an A and got the same email

I got the R email like 2 or 3 weeks ago when everybody else did.. and got it again today. Would’ve rather gotten the grad school offer I think.

• Haha
I got the R email like 2 or 3 weeks ago when everybody else did.. and got it again today. Would’ve rather gotten the grad school offer I think.
Was this post-interview? Were you waitlisted? I emailed Weisman last week to ask if waitlist movement was over and he didn't respond... Has anybody else asked? Preparing to go somewhere else, but it's hard to completely let go since we don't have a final response.

Hey I'm thinking of applying to this school next year, just curious to see if it is research-heavy as in every applicant has research experience

Was this post-interview? Were you waitlisted? I emailed Weisman last week to ask if waitlist movement was over and he didn't respond... Has anybody else asked? Preparing to go somewhere else, but it's hard to completely let go since we don't have a final response.
No, Pre-II.

I kind of want to call to ask, but at the same time I don’t want to be annoying. But I feel that, I already had to pay a non refundable seat deposit for the school I was accepted to, but I don’t want to go through all of the other prematriculation stuff before knowing for sure Miami is an R.

• Care
I kind of want to call to ask, but at the same time I don’t want to be annoying. But I feel that, I already had to pay a non refundable seat deposit for the school I was accepted to, but I don’t want to go through all of the other prematriculation stuff before knowing for sure Miami is an R.
I emailed this week and he replied telling me he doesn’t really expect more movement, but it’s difficult to predict :/

Ughh same here.. :(
I emailed this week and he replied telling me he doesn’t really expect more movement, but it’s difficult to predict :/
Damnn.. thanks for the update anyway!

Did anyone receive confirmation from Michelle after sending their transcripts?