2015-2016 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone post the secondary prompts from last year? Really interested in this program.

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone post the secondary prompts from last year? Really interested in this program.
If memory serves me correctly, there was a "why Rosalind Franklin" essay and an optional diversity essay in the vein of "how do you contribute diversity to the program," both of which were extremely short...I think under 100 words.

Reactions: 2 users
What are people's opinions on the housing options? I've got a car and don't mind living a little bit from campus but on campus would be convenient too. Opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
What are people's opinions on the housing options? I've got a car and don't mind living a little bit from campus but on campus would be convenient too. Opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lake Bluff is close, cheap and near a Metra stop. That's where I found a super nice 3 bed 3 bath for less than $700 after utilities. Woodlands has gotten even more expensive and wasn't worth the proximity in my opinion.

Lake Bluff is close, cheap and near a Metra stop. That's where I found a super nice 3 bed 3 bath for less than $700 after utilities. Woodlands has gotten even more expensive and wasn't worth the proximity in my opinion.
700$ total?? That's awesome! Is it a stand alone rental or are there other units??

700$ total?? That's awesome! Is it a stand alone rental or are there other units??
That is just my part ($2000 total), and it was adjusted for the size of my room compared to the other two. It is one of a few I think, I am not sure if there is another 3bed 3 bath. Its called Stratford Court if you want to check out online listings. While I was looking though, I found quite a few other nice houses and apartments in that area (a little north of the school) which were all cheaper than Woodlands and on campus. I don't think anything will beat Navy housing though, if you don't mind the older finishings.

Would it be bothersome of me to give admissions an call/send an email to inquire about if all of their seats are filled? Or should I assume that they filled all of their seats as a result of that deadline? I don't know if they have historically made a call/sent an email asking if those waistlisted still want to remain on the waitlist.

Would it be bothersome of me to give admissions an call/send an email to inquire about if all of their seats are filled? Or should I assume that they filled all of their seats as a result of that deadline? I don't know if they have historically made a call/sent an email asking if those waistlisted still want to remain on the waitlist.

I don't think it would be a problem. If you do, please let us know.

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed admissions yesterday! It didn't seem like my email bothered them, they responded pretty fast. Apparently they do send out an email to everyone once the class is seated. Also they don't give feedback on our applications, but they said to look at their website!

Reactions: 2 users
I emailed admissions yesterday! It didn't seem like my email bothered them, they responded pretty fast. Apparently they do send out an email to everyone once the class is seated. Also they don't give feedback on our applications, but they said to look at their website!

I emailed them too! Very prompt. Ditto what you said.

*Crossing fingers for all of us*

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
have people been getting pulled off the alternate list within the past few weeks? I feel like there hasn't been any movement at all during the month of June! At least according to SDN. Awaiting anxiously

Has anyone gotten their financial aid award yet? I've been waiting months and still not a peep, while having to commit to housing is just a couple weeks away.

Has anyone received the Certified code or an email for the immunizations/titers we need for this fall?

have people been getting pulled off the alternate list within the past few weeks? I feel like there hasn't been any movement at all during the month of June! At least according to SDN. Awaiting anxiously
me too...

Has anyone gotten their financial aid award yet? I've been waiting months and still not a peep, while having to commit to housing is just a couple weeks away.

Are you on the FB group? Some M2s posted about a similar question recently. It "should" be in the next week or so, but if their post interview is any indication, you might just have to go see Elizabeth when you get to school for orientation.

I guess we can assume the class is officially full with the waitlist confirmation email today? Is anyone considering the BMS program?

If I'm a student taking classes at RFU, but not currently in the med school program, could I sit in on a few of the med student classes? I know the class size is pretty large so I'd think it would be doable? Where are classes normally held?

If I'm a student taking classes at RFU, but not currently in the med school program, could I sit in on a few of the med student classes? I know the class size is pretty large so I'd think it would be doable? Where are classes normally held?

No one would know if you did; classes are interprofessional - not only med students are taking them. You could watch all of last year's lectures right now if you wanted. Every lecture is recorded and posted online

Reactions: 1 user
No one would know if you did; classes are interprofessional - not only med students are taking them. You could watch all of last year's lectures right now if you wanted. Every lecture is recorded and posted online

sent you a pm.

Last edited:
Thank you! Does anyone know if there is a FB group for the class of 2020?

How are they on interviewing or accepting OOS students ??

Yeah, it "may." But having spent the last four years here, very little has changed, including the number of late acceptances.
Does CMS typically do a large number of late acceptances off the WL? Currently on it for this cycle.