2019-2020 Chicago Med at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My girlfriend applied here and got a complete email way back last fall. However, just today she got an email that her application is being withdrawn because it is incomplete. She has emailed back inquiring why it is marked as incomplete despite the complete email.

I’m here to inquire if she should remain in contact with Rosalind if they are still sending out interview invites to see if she can get her application reviews. Till when does their interview season last?
Idk about her interview chances but if I were her I’d probably just try to get my secondary fee refunded and show them the complete email as proof

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrawing application, had received II. OOS

Reactions: 1 users
was put on the alternate list too, really hoping for some movement! still no A's yet :(

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have a guess for when the next round of post-II decisions will be sent out?

still sitting in silence.... nothing since submitting my secondary

Placed on the alternate list post-II just now. Interviewed 2/4, OOS, LM 69. Really enjoyed the interview day, hoping for that eventual A!

Just received an ii, upon going into the portal it states that all the spots are filled and its a waitlist-ii basically. Anyone have any experience and know if this will result in an actual interview or am I just getting my hopes up lol? Thanks in advance.

• Wow
Just received an ii, upon going into the portal it states that all the spots are filled and its a waitlist-ii basically. Anyone have any experience and know if this will result in an actual interview or am I just getting my hopes up lol? Thanks in advance.

Me too, I received the invitation this evening and only had one date to choose from and it was "waiting list" only. I emailed and asked but probably won't hear back until next week. But the interview is literally next week so I need to know soon.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Me too, I received the invitation this evening and only had one date to choose from and it was "waiting list" only. I emailed and asked but probably won't hear back until next week. But the interview is literally next week so I need to know soon.

Same, I plan on giving them a call Monday. I’m fortunate enough to already have an acceptance so I’ll need to determine if this is a place I actually would see myself going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rejected, interviewed 2/4. It's been a good run bois, good luck everyone!

• Sad
Anyone who received post-II R's, were you put on the alternate list previously? Or straight to R?

Alternate list, interviewed mid-January. Either didn't receive an email or just missed it.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
M1 here, let me know if you guys have any questions.

M1 here, let me know if you guys have any questions.

First, when do you think we can expect some waitlist movement? Second, do you know if the faculty are shifting their teaching focus given the change in USMLE step 1 to pass/fail?

First, when do you think we can expect some waitlist movement? Second, do you know if the faculty are shifting their teaching focus given the change in USMLE step 1 to pass/fail?

From what I gathered from my class, waitlist moved a lot during summer.

I’m not sure how the classes are going to change due to the change in USMLE. The school will most likely release that information as time progresses. It’s still a little early to say if the curriculum is going to be restructured.

At Second Look weekend, a physician/professor mentioned that he didn't anticipate pre-clinical curriculum changing much, as they VERY recently started their new curriculum (Class of 2024 would be the 3rd class to go through it). He did anticipate that they might re-think aspects of the clinical curriculum.

Does that mean a good number of those accepted over summer had already re-submitted their app for the next cycle?

Yes. Some did start their next cycle.

At Second Look weekend, a physician/professor mentioned that he didn't anticipate pre-clinical curriculum changing much, as they VERY recently started their new curriculum (Class of 2024 would be the 3rd class to go through it). He did anticipate that they might re-think aspects of the clinical curriculum.

Rumors were around changing dedicated study and more emphasis on professor taught material. These were just rumors that I heard and shouldn’t be taken seriously.

We are still ironing kinks out in the new curriculum, so some changes may arise.

Anybody not get rejected but havent gotten an II here either? I wonder what our outcome will be?

Reactions: 3 users
I'm a current M3. I'm happy to answer any questions, publicly or privately.

Anybody not get rejected but havent gotten an II here either? I wonder what our outcome will be?
Pretty sure we are rejected silently at this point.

Our last scheduled interview date was this past Wednesday (3/4). I have no way of knowing if they are planning on scheduling more interview dates, but it's probably safe to assume that they will not. I hope you both had better luck at other schools this cycle. If not, apply here again next time. I have friends who got in on their 2nd or 3rd attempts. The application process is random and stressful.

Mostly in the spring. You can expect some slow movement between now and traffic day on May 1st. There will be some movement throughout the spring and summer. I know people who got in a few weeks before school started.

The curriculum may change, but it will likely be slow. They just put a lot of work into establishing the new curriculum. I think they won't want to mix things up to radically right away.

Mostly in the spring. You can expect some slow movement between now and traffic day on May 1st. There will be some movement throughout the spring and summer. I know people who got in a few weeks before school started.

The curriculum may change, but it will likely be slow. They just put a lot of work into establishing the new curriculum. I think they won't want to mix things up to radically right away.

Thanks for the insight!

Does anyone know if we have to submit the FAFSA to be eligible for merit scholarships?

Pretty sure we are rejected silently at this point.
I was told by a current student that they don't do silent rejections, but.......I'm also sitting in the no-R no-II corner here, so.

Hi friends! Did any rejected applicants receive an email referring them to their Master's program?

Did everyone else get that COVID-19 email? I thought I was finally going to get my R so I can move on.

Reactions: 7 users
I got it too, didn’t realize they were still sending interviews.

I got that COVID19 email too. Do you think we have a shot at an interview at this stage ?

I'm sure everything is slowed down bc of covid-19 but has anyone on the waitlist had any movement? Been on since Dec and haven't heard anything...

I'm sure everything is slowed down bc of covid-19 but has anyone on the waitlist had any movement? Been on since Dec and haven't heard anything...
I just got off the waitlist last week! Interviewed 2/11.

• Wow
Same here. Hopefully we see more movement in May.

Just got 2 emails rejecting me. One said my app was complete but they never had time to review it, the other said my app wasn't complete. What a mess lmao

Anyone else just get this lame excuse of a rejection letter?

“ Thank you again for applying to the Doctor of Medicine program at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFU). Although our records indicate that your file is complete, we were unable to make a final decision prior to the start of the intended term due to the timing of your application and volume of applications received for the Fall 2020 term. At this point your file will be cancelled for continued consideration.

We wish you the best in the next step in your graduate career and encourage you to consider RFU in the future for health science graduate program options.”

I get there’s crazy stuff going on, and at this point I expected the R anyways and was surprised I didn’t get it sooner. But this is disrespectful, they basically are saying “we couldn’t manage our own time, sorry about that”. Complete late August.

Edit: I just received a second email saying my application was incomplete and is being cancelled from final considerations, lmaooooo

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else just get this lame excuse of a rejection letter?

“ Thank you again for applying to the Doctor of Medicine program at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFU). Although our records indicate that your file is complete, we were unable to make a final decision prior to the start of the intended term due to the timing of your application and volume of applications received for the Fall 2020 term. At this point your file will be cancelled for continued consideration.

We wish you the best in the next step in your graduate career and encourage you to consider RFU in the future for health science graduate program options.”

I get there’s crazy stuff going on, and at this point I expected the R anyways and was surprised I didn’t get it sooner. But this is disrespectful, they basically are saying “we couldn’t manage our own time, sorry about that”. Complete late August.

I just got that email too. I remember Rosalind Franklin being an expensive secondary app too...like $125. Seeing as how our files were not reviewed as of no fault of our own, shouldn’t we be refunded?

Reactions: 8 users
I just got that email too. I remember Rosalind Franklin being an expensive secondary app too...like $125. Seeing as how our files were not reviewed as of no fault of our own, shouldn’t we be refunded?
I was complete by July 31st and they couldn't review my application because of my timing seems legit..

Maybe I’m overreacting but I’m offended

Reactions: 16 users
This is ridiculous and they should give us a refund. Was complete late July.
Yeah they basically admitted fault in that email. It might actually be worth requesting a refund either through them or file some sort of complaint through AMCAS. I get that they were probably inundated with apps, but then they should refund people the exorbitant amount of money that we paid to make sure we got a thorough review. Any actual action we can take?

Yeah they basically admitted fault in that email. It might actually be worth requesting a refund either through them or file some sort of complaint through AMCAS. I get that they were probably inundated with apps, but then they should refund people the exorbitant amount of money that we paid to make sure we got a thorough review. Any actual action we can take?
Trust me, I'd also love a refund. Thing is, I'm sure that several other schools probably did the same but chose to not be transparent about that

Trust me, I'd also love a refund. Thing is, I'm sure that several other schools probably did the same but chose to not be transparent about that
Well that was smart on the other schools legally to not be transparent. It’s a lot of money, and it’s not unreasonable to ask to get our money back if the service we paid for wasn’t even attempted.

I was just about to post saying this was probably one of the worst rejection letters I've ever gotten. Whether other schools are simply being transparent or not, they explicitly stated they never got around to checking our files. I was complete Aug 1. The low-key shade of "..and due to your timing" is the worst excuse I've ever heard as well. I think we're all entitled to a refund... we expect to lose money through getting rejected, but do not expect to pay to have an application sent to have their office never get around to it. That's actual bull****.

Reactions: 13 users
Well that was smart on the other schools legally to not be transparent. It’s a lot of money, and it’s not unreasonable to ask to get our money back if the service we paid for wasn’t even attempted.
Agreed. Yeah I'm definitely asking for a refund!

Agreed. Yeah I'm definitely asking for a refund!

Are you just going to email the grad address back? I don't think AMCAS would help with this sort of thing since they're only really responsible for the primary application portion of the process...

Are you just going to email the grad address back? I don't think AMCAS would help with this sort of thing since they're only really responsible for the primary application portion of the process...
True they may only have control over primary applications but they also serve as a regulatory authority. If a school is doing something untoward, they may be the people to ask for next steps, ESPECIALLY if we get enough people to email that they think this is unacceptable. If all of us band together and email RFU and possibly AMCAS, the chances of them doing something about it are a lot higher l.