2016-2017 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What's the deal with financial aid packages? I filled out the app for it forever ago and never heard anything back. Should I call? I recently received another acceptance with a scholarship so I'd really like to get a solid confirmation of my cost for RFU
Called the office a few days ago, scholarship packages come with the acceptance offer and financial aid comes around June. Expect
to pay full price with full aid and no grants/scholarships if you haven't gotten something already.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Called the office a few days ago, scholarship packages come with the acceptance offer and financial aid comes around June. Expect
to pay full price with full aid and no grants/scholarships if you haven't gotten something already.
That's lame. I haven't seen anyone on here post anything about getting a scholarship.

Withdrew earlier today after getting an acceptance to my top choice school. I honestly loved CMS so it was kind of a bittersweet moment. Good luck to all those on the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off the waitlist on May 1. Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 5 users
Rejected today. Interviewed 4/28. Really loved this school. Good luck to those still waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

When did you interview?
End of January! Btw, I don't think their real waitlist movement has started, I would expect more to hear back starting next week. Rooting for my fellow SDNers :)

Reactions: 3 users
End of January! Btw, I don't think their real waitlist movement has started, I would expect more to hear back starting next week. Rooting for my fellow SDNers :)

Thanks! Hoping you're right!

After being put on the waitlist, can you be rejected before the class fills?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Just got rejection email from the wait list over an hour ago. Good luck to everyone else!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got rejection email from the wait list over an hour ago. Good luck to everyone else!

Hey, sorry about your news. I didn't realize you could be waitlisted then rejected, post-interview. Would you mind sharing the wording? I just want to be prepared going forward. I've been under the impression that I'm waitlisted indefinitely until RFU says the class is full or if I'm lucky enough to be accepted.

Hey, sorry about your news. I didn't realize you could be waitlisted then rejected, post-interview. Would you mind sharing the wording? I just want to be prepared going forward. I've been under the impression that I'm waitlisted indefinitely until RFU says the class is full or if I'm lucky enough to be accepted.
I also assumed the same.

Accepted off the waitlist today! Interviewed early January and waitlisted in February.

Reactions: 7 users
My friend was accepted off the waitlist a few days before school started so don't give up hope! Definitely have a back-up plan though.

Accepted off the WL list today!!

Interviewed 4/14, waitlisted 4/25, accepted 5/12!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted yesterday as well!

Interviewed 1/13, WL 2/21. Good luck!!

Accepted yesterday as well!

Interviewed 1/13, WL 2/21. Good luck!!

Yay!!! Congratulations! :)

I was waitlisted the same day as you (interviewed 12-2)...hopefully that will bring me similar good luck...but who knows!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey are there any MS1 who would be willing to chat with me? I have questions :)

Will be withdrawing for a Canadian school!!! You all have been so lovely and supportive

Will be withdrawing for a Canadian school!!! You all have been so lovely and supportive

Hey thanks for the love! Good luck and congratulations!! Which one? I went to McGill for undergrad. Loved it! There's such a small number of med schools in Canada--what an honor to be accepted! Well done!:highfive:

Anyone else still not rejected pre-II/post-secondary?

Accepted today. Interviewed early March, waitlisted early April.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted today from the WL! Interviewed February, waitlisted march

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations to all those accepted yesterday! Way to go :)

Reactions: 1 users
I know a lot of students choose to live in Woodlands but are there any complexes (Deer Valley or Forest Pointe) in Lake Bluff or Wakeugan that a lot of students drift to?

Last edited:
Accepted 5/26!!!

Interviewed 3/17, Waitlisted 3/30

Such a relief. This is my first acceptance.

Note: for some reason the email was sent to my promotionals tab in Gmail. Seems like a pretty important email for Google to categorize incorrectly!

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted 5/26!!!

Interviewed 3/17, Waitlisted 3/30

Such a relief. This is my first acceptance.

Note: for some reason the email was sent to my promotionals tab in Gmail. Seems like a pretty important email for Google to categorize incorrectly!

Congratulations :) that's crazy about the email going into your promotions tab. One more place where I'm gonna feverishly check many times daily hahaha You made it in--I cannot even imagine how good that must feel. Soak it all in!!

Has anybody heard back recently? Does anybody know if they have hit capacity?

Has anybody heard back recently? Does anybody know if they have hit capacity?

I was considering calling. I think my odds are pretty slim at this point (mostly because I have called twice and received 0 calls back for 2 different questions...). I know they are surely crazy busy, so I don't hold it against Admissions at all. Have you called or emailed them? I would bet emailing would be way faster. When I was in direct contact with my admissions counselor that did my tour he would email within 24 hours.