2016-2017 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will be withdrawing my offer here! GL to those waiting :)

Members don't see this ad.

to follow up on "I bet emailing would be way faster..." it is. The admissions counselor emailed me in like 15 minutes and answered my questions (though I didn't ask directly if they are at quota). He did mention being a realist at this point - which I totally respect.

I know this number isn't accurate but for those of you still on the WL, the FB page for the class of 2021 has climbed up to 151 members (which includes many upper classman with the most recent addition being within the past 24 hours).

Members don't see this ad :)
I know this number isn't accurate but for those of you still on the WL, the FB page for the class of 2021 has climbed up to 151 members (which includes many upper classman with the most recent addition being within the past 24 hours).
This means nothing. Interpreting FB group numbers never helps anybody!

Reactions: 1 users
Like I said, I know the number isn't accurate. Personally, I liked to know the number when I was on the WL.

Accepted this week from waitlist! There's still hope guys! My first acceptance!

Reactions: 5 users
As am I, since the class size should be 190. All on the same mission here.

There are about 20-25 current students in the group right now. That said, the member count doesn't mean anything because not everyone joins the FB group this early, not everyone even has FB, not everyone in the group is attending RFU, etc. Sure, it's fun to watch the group number grow neurotically but your time could be better spent elsewhere.

Hey guys,
I talked to an admission counselor today. He said that currently, they aren't pulling heavily from the waitlist, but that as the summer wears on they will start looking at it more (surely because people make up their minds about where they want to go). They are continuously reviewing the waitlist pool. People can be chosen pretty much at any time. Last year someone was accepted the first day of orientation.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys,
I talked to an admission counselor today. He said that currently, they aren't pulling heavily from the waitlist, but that as the summer wears on they will start looking at it more (surely because people make up their minds about where they want to go). They are continuously reviewing the waitlist pool. People can be chosen pretty much at any time. Last year someone was accepted the first day of orientation.

Hey just wanted to say thank you for giving us this info!! It's been so hard waiting. It is certainly reassuring to know that they are actually continuously reviewing applicants on the waitlist--straight from the horses' mouth. Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey just wanted to say thank you for giving us this info!! It's been so hard waiting. It is certainly reassuring to know that they are actually continuously reviewing applicants on the waitlist--straight from the horses' mouth. Thanks again!

Absolutely! I had actually called a while ago (Whenever someone had mentioned the "should we call and ask" question). He was just now able to call and get back to me after I had emailed and gotten an email reply back. They're clearly swamped, and I can definitely empathize. (I'm sure I'm one of many waitlisters anxiously waiting by the phone/calling). It was so exciting to see that North Chicago phone number this morning, not gonna lie. It was so nice of him to still reach out! Here's to hoping and waiting! Good luck, and we'll see what happens!! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Those of you who got accepted: congrats! Mind sharing GPA/MCAT? I'm considering applying here for 2017/2018 cycle. OOS

Can anyone help me with regards to financial aid? I got off the waitlist a couple weeks ago, and the school hasn't really sent me any emails with additional information.

I received an email that had a list of stuff to set up, like accounts and things. One of the checklists was different financial aid stuff to fill out. I did that last week and emailed today to ask if I had anything else I needed to do and she said they aren't working on it until July and then they'll be sending out emails to people

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Can anyone help me with regards to financial aid? I got off the waitlist a couple weeks ago, and the school hasn't really sent me any emails with additional information.

Submit your FAFSA if you haven't yet and then call the financial aid department to ask if there's anything else you need to do.

I got my financial aid package on 6/15. All communications are sent through your school email after you set it up.

Has anyone heard about scholarships for this year?? I never really saw anything on the University website or on the financial aid forms for an application or anything so I am wondering if anyone else has more info??

Has anyone heard about scholarships for this year?? I never really saw anything on the University website or on the financial aid forms for an application or anything so I am wondering if anyone else has more info??
I spoke with Admissions about scholarships awhile back and they told me that all/any scholarships are offered with the acceptance letter.

Anyone heard anything about potential waitlist movement?

Reactions: 1 user
Are there an OOS people who were complete here late as in mid-September/October-ish or even later than that? I have a question and wanted to PM!

Last edited:
Accepted off the WL this morning! Still can't believe this is actually happening...

LM<65, IS, non-trad

Interviewed 2/3, WL 3/30, accepted 7/14

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted off the WL this morning! Still can't believe this is actually happening...

LM<65, IS, non-trad

Interviewed 2/3, WL 3/30, accepted 7/14

Yay! It's been so quiet for the last month. What an awesome surprise, congratulations!! :)