2015-2016 Oregon Health & Sciences University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lots of 3/16 -ers! I'm so glad! Please proclaim the minute you hear anything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
ACCEPTED TODAY!!!! Interviewed3/16. I am so overwhelmed I am shaking and crying! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 15 users
Oh my gosh congratulations! Way too scared to look while at work. Fingers crossed for at least not a rejection today!

Members don't see this ad :)
3/30 interviewee-- it's only been two weeks but I've been checking this page, my portal and email like 5x a day. Tough to focus on anything else!

Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted! Huge accomplishment!

If any of you matriculating this year are looking for a roommate PM me. I'm gonna be a DS1 and wouldn't mind living with one of you med kids, you guys seem alright :highfive:

Yep same interviewed 3/16, and anxiously waiting!!
I have to say I was really disappointed with my interviewer this year, they were very disengaged and didn't ask any questions that showed they had read my application. Just bland questions, like what's your worst mistake..... I have had two other interviews ( at OHSU last year and at a different school this year) in both of those I was asked questions about my application essays specifically.
So this year at OHSU I was really surprised and disappointed with the one on one interview. Maybe I am over thinking it. But it felt like I had to work really hard to make the interviewer smile or be engaged in conversation.
:-(
Same, my interviewer just took down the number of shadowing hours and asked two basic questions. Interview was 18 minutes

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't get a financial aid package or any information on it with my contract letter. I called the financial aid office not too long ago and they said that they are working hard to get those out. They told me to call the office if it hasn't shown up by the end of the month to get an ETA on the award package.

I also interview on 3/16. How exciting that people are getting acceptances! Unfortunately my reception is spotty so I wont be able to check my application for a few more days but I wish all of you luck!

Interviewed 3/16 and accepted today!!! Cant stop crying and jumping out of happiness :):):):):)
Good luck to all of you still waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 3/16 and accepted today!!! Cant stop crying and jumping out of happiness :):):):):)
Good luck to all of you still waiting to hear back!
Congrats!!! Thanks for letting us know!!

All quiet on the western front...this time next week this thread is gonna explode! Keep your head up y'all

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone going to the Second Look Day this Friday (4/22)?

All quiet on the western front...this time next week this thread is gonna explode! Keep your head up y'all
This post is really really funny if you mean it the way I think you do.

Just put on hold. Interviewed 3/16... April 30th cannot come soon enough!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Same here. 3/16 also.

I was accepted on March 1st. Has anyone who was accepted around that date received their financial aid package?

Does OHSU require a genetics course or will 2 semesters general biology satisfy the matriculation requirement?

Does OHSU require a genetics course or will 2 semesters general biology satisfy the matriculation requirement?
"Biology
One academic year of general biology to include one genetics course. Laboratories are recommended."

^if your gen bio class included genetics, it sounds like it satisfies the requirement.

Just call and ask though :)

I am sure you are all agonizing over the wait. Stay busy, try to limit the amount of obsessive refreshing (we all did it so we all get it), and remember with OHSU it really isn't over until it is over. The amount of time on hold (or not), the interview date, none of those things matter. What matters to them is putting together the best class they can. They take their time to do it, but they do it well. Congrats to the accepted students, the other classes are already working hard to help you when you get here!

Reactions: 5 users
Hold. Interviewed 3/16. Withdrawing application in favor of other acceptances. Good luck all.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 3/16 put on hold yesterday, didn't see it till today. Taking a deep breath and celebrating that I wasn't initially cut! That's better than other interviews I've done before so... Progress!

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 3/9 for MD/MPH and got an acceptance yesterday via email! Good luck to those still waiting!

I was accepted on March 1st. Has anyone who was accepted around that date received their financial aid package?
I was accepted two weeks after you were and I'm still waiting on my financial aid packet as well. Have only received the contract and tech standards so far..

So the financial aid office said they will get med students financial infos closer to April 30th, if not a little before. And the April 30th commitment decision isnt really an end all be all. They told me if we dont get you financial info we can request to delay our decisions supposedly since thats a huge reason to delay.

Since April 30th is a Saturday, maybe we will hear on April 29th??

In previous years acceptances have always heard a couple days before April 30th and waitlist/reject by the 30th at latest.

If accepted how long do they give you to make your decision

Depends on when you are accepted. Later in the cycle when they pull people off of the waitlist they have a smaller window. Don't forget to check the portal (not that I think you could) but they will make it very clear. They give a clear date on when they have to hear back from you.

For those of you who got accepted earlier in the process, how long did it take until you received the contract packet and how long do you have to return it?

Accepted on 3/8, contract letter mailed on 3/25. They give you two weeks to sign the contract and the technical standards forms and mail it back to them.

Edit: just realized you said earlier in the process! Sorry haha

For those of you who got accepted earlier in the process, how long did it take until you received the contract packet and how long do you have to return it?
I was accepted in October - and it took them quite a while to get my packet to me via mail. I think maybe like 5 weeks? I don't remember exactly, but that's my ballpark. You have two weeks to sign and return yes/no.

@italiancowgirl or any other current students - could you tell me whether the students have the option to rent or otherwise use any sort of locker (even just during the day) at the CLSB?

Students are assigned lockers when they start. :)

Interviewed 03/30. Got put on hold just now. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
I just got the acceptance email!!! My interview was 3/11. I'm a Washington resident.

Interviewed 3/30, just put on hold