2015-2016 Oregon Health & Sciences University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone got a high number on the alternates list? Or is it all under 20? Any rejections either.

I am # 40.

Anyone know whats a safeish cutoff?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
No update, was alternate last year. Anyone know if they had an accepted specific day yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Ugh this makes me so nervous mine hasn't updated yet :(

I am # 40.

Anyone know whats a safeish cutoff?
And last year they went to 57. Check earlier in the thread for the excel file. My bet is you are safe :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. I just saw that document (if only those docs were made for other schools). I'm just hoping for a repeat of 2011 and not of 2009 and 2010.

Congrats to you all! Good vibes to all still waiting!

Alternate #47... Yay more waiting.. :dead:

Have not heard anything yet but keep refreshing now!

Reactions: 2 users
Nothing on my end either. Not sure if it is good or bad. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate #56

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

When were you accepted? I received my financial AID packet yesterday and was accepted on 4/12...Should arrive soon!
That's super quick! I was accepted late March and mine was just mailed yesterday. Were they generous with aid?

I wonder why alternates were sent out before acceptances this year...

Doesn't this mean that they've sent out all of their acceptances?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't this mean that they've sent out all of their acceptances?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah that's what i was thinking. do you think it's possible that no one on SDN got accepted?

yeah that's what i was thinking. do you think it's possible that no one on SDN got accepted?
Maybe! But does that mean the rest of us without an update are rejected? :( maaaannnnnn

This process is brutal guys! Stick with it, my sister got in on her 3rd try and recently matched to derm!!

Reactions: 3 users
to y'all who were wait-listed today: did you receive an email to go along with your portal update? or should I continue refreshing the portal 200 times per minute? ha... thanks in advance!

to y'all who were wait-listed today: did you receive an email to go along with your portal update? or should I continue refreshing the portal 200 times per minute? ha... thanks in advance!
I got an email before I knew about the portal!

Anyone gotten accepted??? My portal still says on hold and I am majorly stressing haha

To everyone going through this process we are all rock stars because this process is the worst! So stressful!

Reactions: 6 users
You guys I'm dying. Haven't heard anything yet and I'm 98% sure that's a rejection.

Just got my alternate spot :( in the low 70's. Looks like I'm moving OOS for another MD program :(

You guys I'm dying. Haven't heard anything yet and I'm 98% sure that's a rejection.

I haven't heard anything either.. still on HOLD. I hope it is not a rejection...

I haven't heard anything either.. still on HOLD. I hope it is not a rejection...

Yea... I am trying to be optimistic and think maybe it's an acceptance lol
Or maybe they are going alphabetically. I have no idea...

Reactions: 4 users
Still on hold. Trying to stay positive but losing what hope I have.

Im IS and thought my app and interview were really solid. I'd be stunned to be rejected outright.

Still on hold. Trying to stay positive but losing what hope I have.

Im IS and thought my app and interview were really solid. I'd be stunned to be rejected outright.

Same here. Still trying not to lose hope.
Good luck to you all that still waiting!!!

When do you guys think they will stop updating the portal? or do you think they finish it tonight?

When do you guys think they will stop updating the portal? or do you think they finish it tonight?
I believe they took a couple of days last year.

Last edited:
I would think they work only during business hours, but that is just an assumption

Placed on the alternate list just now. Not a high spot either so I guess it is good bye to OHSU

I couldn't wait, so i just called the office and found out I was refused. Katie said they had already made the acceptance offers.

Im sorry for all the others in the same boat. Good luck next round!

I couldn't wait, so i just called the office and found out I was refused. Katie said they had already made the acceptance offers.

thanks for letting us know!!
Good luck next time :)

:( I hate how they drag out the rejections and let them know last.

I called and found out that I am waitlisted at #139. Bye bye OHSU. So sad since I live only 20 mins from the school. Good luck to you all. :yawn:

:( wait, so they seriously gave acceptances to all the Hold people and no one said anything on here about it? Seems weird. I wonder how many there were.

So.. does this mean if you are still on hold you are rejected? Trying to stay positive. I was an alternate last year around the low 90's and did not feel my interview when too well. This year with a masters degree and felt interview went well, I hope I get in..

Anyone know if they offer exit interviews post rejection?