2015-2016 Morehouse School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an II on 10/2 and I'm a little concerned because I haven't received the formal invitation in the mail yet. Was there a time limit or a deadline to confirm the interview date? Pleaasee let me know.
Hi!! Just wondering when were you complete?

Members don't see this ad.

I got an II on 10/2 and I'm a little concerned because I haven't received the formal invitation in the mail yet. Was there a time limit or a deadline to confirm the interview date? Pleaasee let me know.

You have to confirm your attendance for the interview at least one week prior to the interview date

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the deadline is a week before you interview
Try calling

Are there any interviewee discounts available at the nearby hotels?

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my application/II. Hope it goes to someone here. God bless!

Reactions: 1 user
Confirms interview, date gets changed :(

Reactions: 1 users
my interview just got rescheduled again. Anyone else having this happen? Any ideas about what the problem is? I'm worried about why I keep getting pushed back :/

my interview just got rescheduled again. Anyone else having this happen? Any ideas about what the problem is? I'm worried about why I keep getting pushed back :/

I was supposed to interview on Nov. 11th as well, but have no fears! I know a few people in the program now, and Brandon (the head admissions director) got a new job. So now the assistant director is taking his place, and they have to push things back to accommodate the change. I got a personal call from the new director to re-schedule, and he was a super cool guy! He could have told me the interview will be on Christmas day, and I would be there! MSM is my number 1! Also, you can think about it this way too, they haven't offered any new interviews thus far since they have to push it back. There have only been a few previous interviews sessions with 12-13 people so your chances of acceptance will be better. It's not an absolute, but I believe it will work in your favor! I'm an in-state, applying for the first time, hoping MSM will take me in! Atlanta Native and I live right around the corner from the school... Look forward to meeting you guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Where is the interview exactly? They put an address but didn't specify if that was where the interview was.
720 Westview Drive, SW Atlanta, Georgia 30310-1495
is this the place?

Where is the interview exactly? They put an address but didn't specify if that was where the interview was.
720 Westview Drive, SW Atlanta, Georgia 30310-1495
is this the place?

That's the address for MSM... The interview is there

That's the address for MSM... The interview is there

Gate security will tell you where to park. The campus is not big so you shouldn't have a problem locating the interview

Who else is interviewing on the 30th? :)

How exactly were you guys informed that your interview had been rescheduled? Email or phone call?

Has anyone heard back from MSM in regards to their admission decision post interview? I had my interview on Oct 21

At least they're not making promises they don't know they can keep!

So, I interviewed yesterday and it was an amazing experience. Very close knit student body and faculty. A lot of support is provided to students, as they genuinely want you to succeed. Great facilities and opportunities.

Order of events for the day: welcome, first interview, lunch with presentation, campus tour, second interview, and Grady Hospital tour.
(Yes, it's a long, but enjoyable day. Get plenty of sleep the night before and wear comfortable shoes.)

Both interviews were conversational, but the second was a little more intense. The questions in the first interview seemed to have a theme of, "Are you ready to be a doctor?" while the second interview had a theme of, "What kind of doctor will you be?" Know your application well enough to discuss what you've done in detail. Most importantly, be yourself and be sincere.

They told us at the end of the day that if we didn't hear a decision in a month and a half to call and ask about our status.

There were 15 interviewees all together - 9 females and 6 males.

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed in early October and they said we could hear back as early as November 1 ... has anyone that's interviewed heard anything?

I interviewed in early October and they said we could hear back as early as November 1 ... has anyone that's interviewed heard anything?

I interviewed in early September and haven't heard anything. Wow Nov 1st! That's any day now!

and I still haven't heard anything since receiving the completion email :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Reactions: 1 users