2018-2019 Morehouse School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lucca

Will Walk Rope for Sandwich
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Post secondary questions in the comments when you receive them.

Good luck to all applying!

Interview Feedback: Morehouse School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Looking forward to applying here this cycle! Good luck everyone!

Worth it for me to apply? URM from GA, very little experience volunteering with underserved populations. 3.6 gpa, 513 MCAT. A friend told me that Morehouse is very cliquey, and that having connections will help (I have none), but then she told me to apply anyway because my Ivy League undergrad will set me apart from everyone else :confused:. Dunno if I should bite the bullet or leave it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Worth it for me to apply? URM from GA, very little experience volunteering with underserved populations. 3.6 gpa, 513 MCAT. A friend told me that Morehouse is very cliquey, and that having connections will help (I have none), but then she told me to apply anyway because my Ivy League undergrad will set me apart from everyone else :confused:. Dunno if I should bite the bullet or leave it.
Definitely apply.

Reactions: 1 users
Worth applying here if not URM (white) but grew up very disadvantaged, first generation college student, unique background story, and currently work with/have shown strong commitment to vulnerable children of URM population?

Worth applying here if not URM (white) but grew up very disadvantaged, first generation college student, unique background story, and currently work with/have shown strong commitment to vulnerable children of URM population?
Absolutely. The entire point of Morehouse and their mission is in the type of applicants they want. If you have to spend your time in college facing challenges as a first generation student, working to help solve the problems of your background/community, and/or had to work and couldn't volunteer because you had to support yourself, you are pretty much what they want in an applicant. If your stats even remotely match, I would apply.

Morehouse is one of my top choices. Will a July MCAT hurt me if everything else is submitted on time?

Hello. I was wondering if anyone else has had problems reaching the admissions office by their phone number? If so, what is another good number to call?

Hello. I was wondering if anyone else has had problems reaching the admissions office by their phone number? If so, what is another good number to call?

I think you just have to keep calling/trying. I've heard they can be unresponsive sometimes so don't give up with the effort. (If you're close enough, I say stop by and see them in person..)

HBCUs tend to give out secondaries later, and interview many potential students later in the season. Winter is coming, and good luck.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received!

+1 Anyone else having trouble accessing the secondary app because they didn't give us any log in info?

+1 Anyone else having trouble accessing the secondary app because they didn't give us any log in info?

The instructions say to create an account.
The username will be your email, and then you create a password.

The instructions say to create an account.
The username will be your email, and then you create a password.
When I tried to create an account it says account already exists even though it's my first time

When I tried to create an account it says account already exists even though it's my first time

Several schools use the same web host "Apply Web dot Com". I believe West Virginia, Michigan, Meharry, and a few others. You probably have an account for another school. Use the same e-mail and password. The specific school page should show up. If you forgot your password, then reset.

Secondary received.....my login info was already saved in my computer when I tried to log in???? Lol I never had to create a new username or password

Several schools use the same web host "Apply Web dot Com". I believe West Virginia, Michigan, Meharry, and a few others. You probably have an account for another school. Use the same e-mail and password. The specific school page should show up. If you forgot your password, then reset.
Okay, that worked for me. Thanks!

Does everyone get secondaries at Morehouse?

Or have they filtered already?

Does anyone know what this means?
"Indicate the character of medical practice you presently contemplate"

Type a statement setting forth the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to Morehouse and any information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Committee on Admission in the consideration of your application. Please keep the response to about one page. (You may want to type your answer in a Word Processor while you are off-line and paste your response here). Alternatively you may upload your statement below.

Secondary received as well! I think I read somewhere on Reddit that they filter but I could be wrong.

So... what is the word count for a page?? I feel like this may end up being another personal statement.

Does Morehouse send secondaries if your mcat scores are not in? or do they only screen for gpa, lor, and ps?

Can you post the prompts please?
Type a statement setting forth the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to Morehouse and any information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Committee on Admission in the consideration of your application. Please keep the response to about one page. (You may want to type your answer in a Word Processor while you are off-line and paste your response here)

There is also this short question:
What percent of your professional time do you anticipate devoting to (Administrative, teaching, patient care, research)? In which size community do you think you would like to practice? (Large metropolitan, small city, large town, small town/rural area/reservation). Briefly, explain the reasons for your selections. (no word limit)

@Lucca

Hey guys! Quick question about the first prompt of the secondary. I'm treating it basically as a diversity/ why this school combined essay. What do you guys think?

Anybody know how to answer the "What percent of your professional time do you anticipate devoting to (Administrative, teaching, patient care, research)?" part of the short question? Like are they asking for a specific percentage?

Just got a complete email

Anybody know how to answer the "What percent of your professional time do you anticipate devoting to (Administrative, teaching, patient care, research)?" part of the short question? Like are they asking for a specific percentage?
Yeah they want you to divide up your time in percentage and it should equal 100 at the end

Anyone know what option I should select for this part of the secondary?

In accordance with the Family Education Rights & Privacy Act, as amended, all information regarding decisions on your application are considered confidential. You have the option to elect to have your premedical advisor informed of action taken on your application by the Committee on Admissions.
  • I wish to have my premedical advisor informed of action taken on my application by the Committee.
  • I do not wish to have my premedical advisor informed of action taken on my application by the Committee.
  • Not Applicable

??

Anyone know what option I should select for this part of the secondary?

In accordance with the Family Education Rights & Privacy Act, as amended, all information regarding decisions on your application are considered confidential. You have the option to elect to have your premedical advisor informed of action taken on your application by the Committee on Admissions.
  • I wish to have my premedical advisor informed of action taken on my application by the Committee.
  • I do not wish to have my premedical advisor informed of action taken on my application by the Committee.
  • Not Applicable

??
I don't think there's a right answer here. It's entirely up to you.