2018-2019 Morehouse School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else receive an email about the admissions committee reaching a decision on your app but is not able to find it on the portal?

Did anyone else receive an email about the admissions committee reaching a decision on your app but is not able to find it on the portal?
When I received my acceptance there was an issue with the portal and it was not showing correctly for about a week, I would contact the admissions office and let them know.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received my acceptance!! I really wish anyone out there waiting to hear back good luck.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know - is their deposit refundable?

Yes, it is refundable up until a certain date- I think April 30th, but I'm not 100% sure. You might want to contact admissions to double check the date.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Congrats to everyone who was accepted and for those on the wait list keep your head up! I too was a WL applicant.

Anyway, I am a first year medical student at Morehouse and wanted to drop the link to the OFFICIAL Sib Committee Facebook group! There was another FB group that wasn't started by the first years so I just wanted to make sure you all join the right group. We have a lot of resources to share with you all as you transition into the world of MD. There are some of my classmates in the group as well to answer any questions including where to live and etc.

Can't wait to see the class of 2023! Enjoy your freedom while you can lol

Reactions: 1 users
R just now
Same. Pre-interview invite. Which is crazy because I was accepted into my state school with way higher standard for stats. I am not that bothered because my state school is my first choice but it was just kind of a pride thing I guess. Goodluck to everyone. I hope that you all end up exactly where you are supposed to be!!

Sorry to hear that! Just wondering - were you previously on the alternate list or was this the first decision you heard from them?

First decision I’ve heard from them! And thanks it’s all good I have somewhere to go next year so I’m not too upset

First decision I’ve heard from them! And thanks it’s all good I have somewhere to go next year so I’m not too upset

That’s great! Happy for you:) thanks for the info. Still waiting on waitlist movement then...

Hey everyone! Congrats to everyone who was accepted and for those on the wait list keep your head up! I too was a WL applicant.

Anyway, I am a first year medical student at Morehouse and wanted to drop the link to the OFFICIAL Sib Committee Facebook group! There was another FB group that wasn't started by the first years so I just wanted to make sure you all join the right group. We have a lot of resources to share with you all as you transition into the world of MD. There are some of my classmates in the group as well to answer any questions including where to live and etc.

Can't wait to see the class of 2023! Enjoy your freedom while you can lol

Hey! Thank you for the link. Can you tell us what the aid package was like when you started first year?

Has anyone received confirmation that Morehouse has received final transcripts?

Where do I pay the deposit? I’m on collegenet and I only see the decision letter, but no place to accept. (accepted ~10 days ago)

Hey! Thank you for the link. Can you tell us what the aid package was like when you started first year?
The initial award package gave me no scholarship and all loans but the final award letter gave me two scholarships in addition to loans to cover the cost of attendance. Cost of living is included in the package as well.

The initial award package gave me no scholarship and all loans but the final award letter gave me two scholarships in addition to loans to cover the cost of attendance. Cost of living is included in the package as well.

Thank you so much for the update! My main concern was the cost of living, especially since living accommodations are so expensive!

So I got waitlisted around April 3th.
But just got a welcome packet with all the paperwork.
I called them and they said it was a mistake. I'm still on the waitling list.
Anyone else on the same boat.
Why do they play with our feelings like that?

Wow that is extremely unprofessional. I am sorry you experienced that. I hope that means you are high on their waitlist

Wow that is extremely unprofessional. I am sorry you experienced that. I hope that means you are high on their waitlist
Wow I am sorry to hear that. Does anyone know if Morehouse will send Rejection email to those who have been wait-listed or it will just be a silence R? I wonder if there will be more active movements for wait-listed people after April 30. Please share your insights. Thanks.

Wow I am sorry to hear that. Does anyone know if Morehouse will send Rejection email to those who have been wait-listed or it will just be a silence R? I wonder if there will be more active movements for wait-listed people after April 30. Please share your insights. Thanks.

During the interview they did mention on how waitlist movement will pick up after April 30 because the school will have a more accurate view on who is in their class. Also mentioned that sometimes spots open up 1-2 weeks before class begins.

I'm not sure about the silent rejection thing because looking at past threads, people have said that they were silenced, while others have received a notification.

Hello everyone! I will be withdrawing my acceptance from MSM, does anyone know how to do this? There was no info about it on the offer letter.

Does anyone know if Morehouse has a deadline for "Plan to Enroll" or "Commit to Enroll"? I'm asking because I'm on the waitlist for other schools.

Does anyone know if Morehouse has a deadline for "Plan to Enroll" or "Commit to Enroll"? I'm asking because I'm on the waitlist for other schools.

April 15.
April 30. Same as AMCAS.

Hello everyone! I will be withdrawing my acceptance from MSM, does anyone know how to do this? There was no info about it on the offer letter.
That selection is on applyweb when you open the decision form it gives you an option to either accept or decline the offer.

April 15.
April 30. Same as AMCAS.
I'm pretty sure they're commit to enroll is sometime in June. April 15th is a suggested date to narrow it down to 3 acceptances, april 30th is when to drop all acceptances but one, not waitlists.

Officially withdrew from MSM. Wish everyone the best of luck!!!

Can any current students talk about when loan amounts are dispersed? I’ve seen that other schools start in August and loans are dispersed 2-3 weeks after class starts. Should I be prepared to pay for my first months rent, books, supplies etc. out of pocket initially?

I'm pretty sure they're commit to enroll is sometime in June. April 15th is a suggested date to narrow it down to 3 acceptances, april 30th is when to drop all acceptances but one, not waitlists.

Yes, you are right. It is June 6th.

I know the commit to enroll option is due by June 6th. Morehouse is the only school that I got accepted to, and I am on the waitlist for several others. Do I need to select "Plan to Enroll" by the end of the day? I didn't see a deadline for the plan to enroll option for Morehouse

I know the commit to enroll option is due by June 6th. Morehouse is the only school that I got accepted to, and I am on the waitlist for several others. Do I need to select "Plan to Enroll" by the end of the day? I didn't see a deadline for the plan to enroll option for Morehouse

I think today is the deadline for plan to enroll. You can still be on waitlists, but you must select one school for plan to enroll.

Starting today, you can also select commit to enroll if you have made a final decision about where you will matriculate. If you commit to enroll, you have to withdraw from any waitlists you might be on.

Hope this helps!

I think today is the deadline for plan to enroll. You can still be on waitlists, but you must select one school for plan to enroll.

Starting today, you can also select commit to enroll if you have made a final decision about where you will matriculate. If you commit to enroll, you have to withdraw from any waitlists you might be on.

Hope this helps!

Thank you! I didn’t know too much about the “plan to enroll” option. I was just a little worried that other schools would be reluctant to take me off the waitlist if they saw that I had already selected “plan to enroll” at another school.

It said that applicants “may” select the plan to enroll option, whereas it says applicants are “required” to select the commit to enroll option by June 6th.

So I’m still not sure if I need to select plan to enroll haha

Attachments

• FCB3351E-A07F-4784-8EFC-9A574EBF629C.png
    FCB3351E-A07F-4784-8EFC-9A574EBF629C.png
    286 KB · Views: 140
I would go ahead and select plan to enroll. MSM can see if you selected plan to enroll after April 30th. You can still be on waitlists, other schools will not know you have planned to enroll else where. They will only know if you select commit to enroll.

I would go ahead and select plan to enroll. MSM can see if you selected plan to enroll after April 30th. You can still be on waitlists, other schools will not know you have planned to enroll else where. They will only know if you select commit to enroll.

I selected plan to enroll yesterday. Thank you so much! ☺️

Reactions: 2 users