2019-2020 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
DO deposits give me acute blood pressure and anxiety. The nonrefundable part breaks my heart :(
Breaks my heart AND my wallet. If Morehouse doesn't come thru, I'll have spent $5k securing seats at DO schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
DO deposits give me acute blood pressure and anxiety. The nonrefundable part breaks my heart :(
Breaks my heart AND my wallet. If Morehouse doesn't come thru, I'll have spent $5k securing seats at DO schools.
yeah i already lost 1k and have a 2k deposit on another school whilst awaiting an MD school in new york.. sooooo yikes.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got into my favorite DO med school in February and withdrew from my other interviews. Saved me a lot. Sorry to hear about the money you have spent so far. Its all worth it in the end.

Reactions: 3 users
I just declined my offer. Hopefully, they can process the $100 refundable fee and take someone off of the waitlist in a timely manner.

Reactions: 6 users
I just declined my offer. Hopefully, they can process the $100 refundable fee and take someone off of the waitlist in a timely manner.

Yes, I just declined my offer too. Hopefully, they will refund me in due time. I hope my acceptance goes to someone in here that’s waiting to hear or on the waitlist.

Reactions: 4 users
How did you decline and us Morehouse still in the commit to enroll school list?

Yes, I just declined my offer too. Hopefully, they will refund me in due time. I hope my acceptance goes to someone in here that’s waiting to hear or on the waitlist.
How did you decline?

How did you decline?
I sent my withdrawal e-mail last week and followed up today and they responded within 5 minutes, so I would follow up one more time today. I'd be very surprised if they don't respond to you by the end of the day. They also mentioned we probably won't get our deposit back until Mid-May with everything going on. Best of luck everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont care much about MD vs DO. I care more about a compassionate and well-rounded physician.

i wouldn’t as care much too if I’m only interested in less competitive specialties. But there is a bias for MD over DO among residency program directors. The MD letters will give you an upper hand during the matching process for residency. For example, it will help you get into more competitive specialties (ortho,derm/ophtho/neurosurg/etc.) or more highly desirable (urban) residencies.

However, that is not to say that DOs cannot match into a highly competitive specialty in a desirable location. They just have to work a lot harder for it.

Reactions: 4 users
i wouldn’t as care much too if I’m only interested in less competitive specialties. But there is a bias for MD over DO among residency program directors. The MD letters will give you an upper hand during the matching process for residency. For example, it will help you get into more competitive specialties (ortho,derm/ophtho/neurosurg/etc.) or more highly desirable (urban) residencies.

However, that is not to say that DOs cannot match into a highly competitive specialty in a desirable location. They just have to work a lot harder for it.
yeah my point exactly. i don't want to limit myself to just primary care.. and MDs do have the upper hand when it comes to those more competitive specialties

Reactions: 2 users
Just a heads up. If you click commit to enroll for another school Morehouse will immediately remove you off the waitlist lol

Yup, they withdrew me.

Just withdrew from Morehouse, good luck to you guys!

Does Morehouse silently reject after interviews? Haven’t heard a peep since I interviewed back in mid February.

Does Morehouse silently reject after interviews? Haven’t heard a peep since I interviewed back in mid February.
A student from Morehouse told me they reject after interviews, but I haven't seen anyone with post-interview rejections here. It took them 3 months to waitlist me, but since it's so late in the cycle I can't see them waitlisting more people.

Two quick questions: 1. Does anyone know when we're supposed to hear about financial aid? 2. Does anyone know what type of laptop we'll be receiving?

Just a heads up to future applicants, Morehouse doesn't refund those $100 deposits. I know that probably seems small to people in the grand scheme of things... but I'm broke so... would've been nice

• Hmm
Just a heads up to future applicants, Morehouse doesn't refund those $100 deposits. I know that probably seems small to people in the grand scheme of things... but I'm broke so... would've been nice

If you withdrew on or before April 30th, they told me they are refunding the deposit. They just said it would be until mid-May when we actually do get the money back. Hopefully, they follow through with that...?

Just received an Acceptance! Interviewed late January.

Reactions: 8 users
Just got accepted about an hour ago...aye!

Last edited:
Just got accepted about an hour ago...aye!

How long does it usually take for the choose your medical school link to pop up and where do you find it?
Congrats!

Congrats! Did anyone get accepted off of the waitlist?

If you just committed to MSM, don’t forget to join the Facebook group where there is a link to join the class group me!

Interviewed in mid February and was never put on the waitlist. Randomly looked in my junk email yesterday and saw the letter.

Accepted off the waitlist with merit scholarship yesterday. Declined due to having accepted a better offer at another school already, so I hope it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 11 users
Accepted off the waitlist with merit scholarship yesterday. Declined due to having accepted a better offer at another school already, so I hope it goes to one of you guys!
Congratulations that is pretty neat!! I wonder why they would put you on the waitlist if you were deserving of a scholarship though...this whole process is really interesting :thinking:

Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations that is pretty neat!! I wonder why they would put you on the waitlist if you were deserving of a scholarship though...this whole process is really interesting :thinking:
Its a crazy process. I know someone who got accepted the last minute and still got scholarship.