2015-2016 Morehouse School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II this morning! Scheduled for Oct. 7th. Complete Aug 14th. OOS.

Reactions: 1 users
II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 !! my first II of the cycle

non-trad - URM - OOS- 3.6 postbac (lowest grade out of 4 classes so far was a B+), 502 MCAT

undergrad - 3.18 cgpa - 3.0 sgpa

Complete 8/13

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Those with IIs, mind sharing stats and complete date?

II for the end of October :)

Last edited:
Here in ATL, love this city!!! Interview tomorrow, I'll fill u all in on what I can

Reactions: 4 users
Interview was cool. It was definitely a long day lol but be yourself and you'll do fine. There are two hour long interviews, a tour of Morehouse, and a tour of Grady. The students all love it and get opportunities all over the country. The 4th year told us his friend was doing a clerkship at Harvard!!! So great school! Great location! Great people!! And great price!

Reactions: 8 users
Interviewed Sept4th with @OwlPower92 ... Interviews were about as informal as i've seen. The day went really well though!!! Glad to have 1 down so far

2.9 undergrad GPA
3.9 postbacc GPA
2014 mcat- 28
2015 mcat- ???? scores release on Sept 22nd

Reactions: 4 users
Interview was cool. It was definitely a long day lol but be yourself and you'll do fine. There are two hour long interviews, a tour of Morehouse, and a tour of Grady. The students all love it and get opportunities all over the country. The 4th year told us his friend was doing a clerkship at Harvard!!! So great school! Great location! Great people!! And great price!

I'm excited!

So I'm IS and I added morehouse a week ago and still have yet to receive secondaries.

IS, Non URM, 3.6 GPA/509 MCAT

Members don't see this ad :)
I noticed that MSM vehemently prefers IS applicants (accepting only 15 OOS last year according to the 2016 MSAR).

What do you think my chances are:
-OOS (Florida resident),
-cGPA 3.67,
-sGPA 3.43,
-MCAT 508 (CARS 125, Chem/Phy 127, Bio/BioChem, 128 Psy/Soc 128: Overall 77th percentile rank),
- Two research papers published,
-500+ Hours volunteering ( In a disadvantaged school, clinical, and standardized patient: Still volunteering and will have 1700+ hours by next May through Americorp),
-Two non-medical jobs for 3 of my 4 undergraduate years,
-Founded a medical student org on my undergrad campus, for which I served as president, and was awarded the new student org of the year award by my school,
-Jamaican born: Grew up in a impoverished rural neighborhood (my primary reason for wanting to practice in an underserved community), moved to the US at 16 (now a U.S. citizen),
AND MORE.

MSM's mission resonates with me, but I am being dissuaded by their strong IS preference.
Do I have a realistic shot here?

I noticed that MSM vehemently prefers IS applicants (accepting only 15 OOS last year according to the 2016 MSAR).

What do you think my chances are:
-OOS (Florida resident),
-cGPA 3.67,
-sGPA 3.43,
-MCAT 508 (CARS 125, Chem/Phy 127, Bio/BioChem, 128 Psy/Soc 128: Overall 77th percentile rank),
- Two research papers published,
-500+ Hours volunteering ( In a disadvantaged school, clinical, and standardized patient: Still volunteering and will have 1700+ hours by next May through Americorp),
-Two non-medical jobs for 3 of my 4 undergraduate years,
-Founded a medical student org on my undergrad campus, for which I served as president, and was awarded the new student org of the year award by my school,
-Jamaican born: Grew up in a impoverished rural neighborhood (my primary reason for wanting to practice in an underserved community), moved to the US at 16 (now a U.S. citizen),
AND MORE.

MSM's mission resonates with me, but I am being dissuaded by their strong IS preference.
Do I have a realistic shot here?

No way applying will hurt, and you seem like a perfect fit. Go for it.

Reactions: 3 users
II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My first!!!! :p

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats everyone! When were you complete and what are your stats?

Reactions: 1 user
no response to emails or secondary

So, I never got an e-mail saying Morehouse has even received my primary application (much less gave me a secondary), whereas most of the 14 other schools I've applied to have reached out to me in some way, detailing they've received my AMCAS app.

Does this mean I'm basically SOL at this school?

So, I never got an e-mail saying Morehouse has even received my primary application (much less gave me a secondary), whereas most of the 14 other schools I've applied to have reached out to me in some way, detailing they've received my AMCAS app.

I don't know when you applied. But Morehouse took the longest to send me a secondary out of all the schools to which I applied. I also know that some people had to call to get them to change their records so they could get a secondary. Maybe try calling in the morning? Brandon Hunter is the nicest and most helpful person ever.

I spoke them today and sent it right after the convo.

Has anyone received a II and has scored in the 490 to 499 range on MCAT?

What hotel did you stay in?