2018-2019 Morehouse School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey you guys! This is my first time writing on here but I wanted to respond simply because of my Stats. I was just accepted off the waitlist yesterday (IS, 3.96 gpa, 494 MCAT). I say that to say this: DO NOT LOSE HOPE and you are MORE than your stats. I wish you all the best of luck and hope to be classmates this fall!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who withdrew their acceptance receive their deposit back?
I have not. How did you know they withdrew your acceptance? I emailed and called twice and haven’t heard back from them...
I’m annoyed bc I got an email from the AAMC saying I still have multiple acceptances

I have not. How did you know they withdrew your acceptance? I emailed and called twice and haven’t heard back from them...
I’m annoyed bc I got an email from the AAMC saying I still have multiple acceptances
I emailed their admissions email and asked for my application to be withdrawn. The generic admissions email sent me a reply within two days. I I also got a response from the director of admissions.

I'll be withdrawing my acceptance from Morehouse. I hope it goes to one of you guys!

Does anyone know what the class schedule is like?
Do we have class everyday?
Do we start at 8am?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! This has probably been posted but I’m still on the waitlist and I just received an orientation packet from admissions. I checked my portal and email and no sign of an admission offer. I called admissions and they told me to email the director of Admissions to clarify. Has this happened to anyone else??

Hey everyone! This has probably been posted but I’m still on the waitlist and I just received an orientation packet from admissions. I checked my portal and email and no sign of an admission offer. I called admissions and they told me to email the director of Admissions to clarify. Has this happened to anyone else??
I saw this happen to two other people in this thread, I think it’s on the previous page

Accepted off the waitlist literally just now I’m shaking

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone! Coming here to say that I was just accepted off the waitlist! I literally cannot believe I’m even typing this.
I interviewed on the last interview day in March (29th I think)
Waitlisted first week of April. Sent a letter of interest by the end of April.
I did not have the most amazing stats (503, 3.6 GPA) but I have community and global health experience

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if the orientation is 100% mandatory / can you miss the first few days of class? I am supposed to be out of the country and didn't know when classes started so I won't be back until after July 4th weekend. Doe anyone (past/present) know if this has been allowed in the past?

Does anybody know when Morehouse's orientation is this year? I found conflicting dates on the website calendar and the admissions and acceptance procedures handout. Also, does anyone who was accepted earlier in the year know when classes begin for M1? I was just accepted off of waitlist today and there isn't much info I can get over the weekend unfortunately.

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to those who were accepted today? What time did yall receive the email?

Does anybody know when Morehouse's orientation is this year? I found conflicting dates on the website calendar and the admissions and acceptance procedures handout. Also, does anyone who was accepted earlier in the year know when classes begin for M1? I was just accepted off of waitlist today and there isn't much info I can get over the weekend unfortunately.

Thank you in advance!
Congrats on your acceptance. I received an acceptance today as well so I'm trying to figure out everything. Are you able to see Morehouse under the Choose Your School tool on AAMC? I know that we have to commit to enroll by June 5th.

Congrats on your acceptance. I received an acceptance today as well so I'm trying to figure out everything. Are you able to see Morehouse under the Choose Your School tool on AAMC? I know that we have to commit to enroll by June 5th.

It has not yet appeared for me. I would give it a few days as I think AAMC may not have updated yet since it was just today. I am planning on calling the school first thing Monday to ask a few things since a lot of their deadlines are June 1st, which is tomorrow. I would suggest doing the same just to be safe.

Reactions: 1 user
by the way, if you haven't checked yet, it should be up now.

well I’m officially done hoping for good news, I give up on this cycle. I really thought I had a chance of getting in with a 506 and 3.9 but I guess I was wrong. Thought my interview went really well but maybe I’m just believing what I wanna believe lol. Congrats to everyone who was accepted. To those who weren’t, I wish y’all the best of luck in this new app cycle, I hope y’all dont give up and get accepted to where you wanna get accepted next year. I know im not giving on being a doctor, so if you’re feeling down that’s totally normal, just pick yourself back up and try again

well I’m officially done hoping for good news, I give up on this cycle. I really thought I had a chance of getting in with a 506 and 3.9 but I guess I was wrong. Thought my interview went really well but maybe I’m just believing what I wanna believe lol. Congrats to everyone who was accepted. To those who weren’t, I wish y’all the best of luck in this new app cycle, I hope y’all dont give up and get accepted to where you wanna get accepted next year. I know im not giving on being a doctor, so if you’re feeling down that’s totally normal, just pick yourself back up and try again

I’m preparing to re-apply as well. I was hoping that I’d get accepted off the waitlist by now since the application fees are non-refundable, but I’m going to go ahead and submit my applications on 6/7. Maybe Morehouse will offer me an acceptance before then or even after, but I want to make sure I apply early this cycle.

I think there’s 1 more movement right after June 6 since it is last day to commit to enroll

I think there’s 1 more movement right after June 6 since it is last day to commit to enroll

There's still time left for waitlist movement I think. Everyone receiving an acceptance off the waitlist only has about 5 days to decide, and from there they may move on to another round of applicants on the waitlist. I know wait-listed applicants can hear back all the way until a few days before orientation, that was what I was told during my interview.

Thank you in advance!

I was accepted back in November. According to our orientation packet, orientation this year will be on June 27th and June 28th. The first day of classes is July 1st. I hope this helps and I hope to see you at orientation! There's also a facebook group up and running you can join in case you have any more questions!

Does anyone know if the orientation is 100% mandatory / can you miss the first few days of class? I am supposed to be out of the country and didn't know when classes started so I won't be back until after July 4th weekend. Doe anyone (past/present) know if this has been allowed in the past?

The new student orientation packet says orientation is mandatory. First day of class is July 1st. Unfortunately it looks like you might have to rearrange your travel plans. I would still call ahead and see if they could make an exception.

Thank you in advance!
Orientation is the 27th and 28th of June, and classes start on the 1st of July

Guess I just got the call. I am torn between Morehouse and MSU COM? Any input?

Guys. I got an acceptance call and no email. I called them and they said they'll get the email to me by this week. Why not right away? Just kind of neurotic