2015-2016 Morehouse School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You print it out, passport style, no larger than 2x2, then glue it on the printed out picture form (could be found on the secondary application portal) and then e-mail it to

[email protected]

I just added the image in using PDF viewer, u can add images to PDFs, atleast on a mac I could

Hey guys, working on submitting the picture and having a little trouble. I also have a mac and am trying to insert they photo directly into the PDF thing, as I know it will be better quality than a print out on regular paper of the picture i have. However, every time I insert the picture is WAY too big, like takes up the whole page.

So @OwlPower92, did you have to resize yours in some way? I have been trying but I am not all that great with computers.

@MD/DO_2016 did yours look okay when you printed it out? Or did you print out on actual nice photo paper with a good printer?

Any help on this is appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, working on submitting the picture and having a little trouble. I also have a mac and am trying to insert they photo directly into the PDF thing, as I know it will be better quality than a print out on regular paper of the picture i have. However, every time I insert the picture is WAY too big, like takes up the whole page.

So @OwlPower92, did you have to resize yours in some way? I have been trying but I am not all that great with computers.

@MD/DO_2016 did yours look okay when you printed it out? Or did you print out on actual nice photo paper with a good printer?

Use smallPDF to convert the PDF to Word document, add your picture to the Word document, formatting it as necessary, then save that document as a PDF.

That's how I did it anyways.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

1. Print out the form
2. Print out a photo 2x2 using a photo printer. I have a photo paper at home
3. Glue the photo on the form
4. Scan the form back to your computer. When you are scanning, it retains the good quality of the photo
5. Save the scanned file as PDF
6. E-mail the form to admissions
Hope it helped, I did it this way since I am technology challenged, lol! ;)

Reactions: 2 users
I know they want a 2x2 photo, but my PDF shows the size in 'KB'. Anyone know what the proper size in KB would be? Right now my photo is 15 KB and it's pretty large.
Bytes measure the size of a file in terms of memory usage, whereas the 2x2 request refers to the physical dimensions of your photograph. Microsoft Word allows you to change the physical dimensions of a photo, use my instructions above :)

Secondary submitted 8/7/15, Completed email from Morehouse 8/10/15

Complete 8/10
3.4/504
OOS

Sept 4th is my Interview date.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
II too, OOS complete 8/7!

Reactions: 1 user
i talked to admissions and they said not to stress about the picture at this moment. They will want a picture submitted if you get invited to an interview

Secondary received today! Congratulations to everyone on your IIs!

II! My date is Oct. 9th. Has anyone actually gotten anything in the mail yet?

any one know what's considered a competitive score to morehouse?

Got my interview sheet in the mail today. It is basically the same thing as the email, with just someone to contact about intent to be present.

Reactions: 1 users
and i still can't get a secondary lol

Still waiting on a secondary. Got one from Meharry so im hoping for one from Morehouse soon!

Hi guys. Just got a email saying that they received my application. How long after that did you get secondaries?

Secondary received and submitted. FINALLY. Had to call admissions and let them know that my MCAT scores had been released.

Do they not screen before sending secondaries?

EDIT: I saw someone on this thread say they do screen but I'm asking because @Precious said they called and then morehouse sent them a secondary... so wondering if that means they do or don't screen?

Last edited:
morehouse screens, not sure what that means though secondary received today! Congrats to everyone who got II's.

I had it in my GoogleDocs schools spreadsheet that Morehouse screens for a 2.0 GPA, but I'm not sure where I got this info. Previous years' threads?

Do they not screen before sending secondaries?

EDIT: I saw someone on this thread say they do screen but I'm asking because @Precious said they called and then morehouse sent them a secondary... so wondering if that means they do or don't screen?
Hmmm. You do have a point. I was sent the secondary within minutes. Not sure how the screening process works.

Hmmm. You do have a point. I was sent the secondary within minutes. Not sure how the screening process works.
It's okay I was just curious! I'm just happy to have gotten a secondary :) I would love to go to school in Georgia!!

Hi guys. Just got a email saying that they received my application. How long after that did you get secondaries?
I received the "application received" email on 8/17 and received the secondary on 8/19.

I still haven't received a secondary. what is the mcat cut off? lol this is my second choice... I really want to go here lol

How long did you guys wait to receive a complete email?

Thanks! I received a complete email as well. Submitted 8/27 :)

II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mind sharing your stats Stereotaxic? Also--congrats!