2015-2016 Morehouse School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The end of the month is so close! Anyone hear any news?
Nope called and they said that there are no updates and to keep watching my email.

Members don't see this ad.

Does morehouse give out merit scholarships periodically or does it come with the award letter?

Reactions: 1 user
Welp. I called today and was told all decisions would be sent out by mid April at the latest now. They said they added more interview dates...

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called as well and told them my interview date and the young man who answered said I should know something via email at the end of this month. Why different answers ??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Right. I don't know what's up with the inconsistency. Quite frustrating.
When did you interview?

Welp. I called today and was told all decisions would be sent out by mid April at the latest now. They said they added more interview dates...
that's unfortunate...the wait continues

I just called and they said this week...could be based on your interview time I'm not sure.

Reactions: 1 users
I just called and they said this week...could be based on your interview time I'm not sure.
Hmmm. Well I didn't give him my interview date when I called. Fingers crossed that it's truly this week!

Any one receive any post interview decisions this week?

Any one receive any post interview decisions this week?

Nope but allegedly today's the day according to the "end of the month" promise I got when I called about 2 weeks ago, but then some people were told the end of this week which is still another 2 days away...

i cant wait any longer... Interviewed in January..and.... I either am suppose to expect a rejection letter in the snail mail or acceptance...DEAR GOD I CANT DO THIS ANYMORE

Members don't see this ad :)
i cant wait any longer... Interviewed in January..and.... I either am suppose to expect a rejection letter in the snail mail or acceptance...DEAR GOD I CANT DO THIS ANYMORE
Lol it's really cruel I think. I am bracing for bad news.

I FEEL YOU. And im freaking out in real life in the comfort of my room where no sane person can see me lol....

I hear you. I interviewed in Mid-January. It's been agonizing! Patience is a virtue and all but GAH!

I FEEL YOU. And im freaking out in real life in the comfort of my room where no sane person can see me lol....

I hear you. I interviewed in Mid-January. It's been agonizing! Patience is a virtue and all but GAH!

Lmao you guys crack me up. I'm in the same boat as y'all. I just so happened to join a boxing gym just prior to my interview in January so that was a fortunate coincidence. Stay positive and try to not let it consume you, life is still good and your futures are bright if you were able to get an interview in the first place. At least that's how I'm getting through it lol

Reactions: 2 users
I just called admissions and was told that decisions will be sent out by end of April at the latest... ):
Different answers >___<

Guys just remember no news is good news! And if y'all didn't get s rejection yet chances it's a wait list rather than a rejection. Best part is that morehouse takes A LOT of people off the waitlist but the wait SUCKS. Because once they send the waitlist email you can get accepted anytime from now until orientation.

I heard there were rejections sent out this week so if you haven't heard then it might be a good thing .

Interesting did you all tell them when you interviewed?
Nope. I didn't tell him my interview date. I feel like they're just saying anything at this point lol

Guys just remember no news is good news! And if y'all didn't get s rejection yet chances it's a wait list rather than a rejection. Best part is that morehouse takes A LOT of people off the waitlist but the wait SUCKS. Because once they send the waitlist email you can get accepted anytime from now until orientation.

I second this and add that it's better to wait longer for good news than get rushed bad news #AllInGoodTime

Reactions: 2 users
My friend there said he didn't get accepted until like a week before orientation! So, be ready the news is on the way! If you interviewed, and you didn't trigger any red flags like sniffing the markers, or saying something crazy, I would be expecting good news! I know a girl that works there in the labs, and she interviewed in Oct... Still waiting on a decision! Keep your heads up!!

Reactions: 4 users
My friend there said he didn't get accepted until like a week before orientation! So, be ready the news is on the way! If you interviewed, and you didn't trigger any red flags like sniffing the markers, or saying something crazy, I would be expecting good news! I know a girl that works there in the labs, and she interviewed in Oct... Still waiting on a decision! Keep your heads up!!

Well my interviewer called me crazy bc I told him I learn languages for fun. Looks like I'm out
jk jk :p

Anyone know much about the Masters of Science in Medical Sciences program? I got denied off the waitlist the other day so I applied for it

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

End of March

Wtf? Denied off the waitlist this early. How did you find out, and if you found out through Snail mail... That would be so painful.

Man, finding out about a rejection through snail mail is like being stuck in place while a bullet is slowly making it's way towards your heart.

I feel like any day now , I am going to come back from a long day of work, only to see a rejection letter in the mail.

Hey Yall MD1 Student at MSM , I also did one year of their MSMS program as well as their APEX program , ask away :) if you want some really honest answers inbox me. BTW when i got accepted ...i initially received my financial aid email , when i went to the front office they printed out my acceptance letter and gave it to me :)

I got the background check email this morning! So I'm either waitlisted or accepted and I called and they said they couldn't tell me over the phone but they said ALL DECISIONS were mailed out on Friday so good luck everyone! Round 1000 of prayers going up!

And to this end, has anyone that was waitlisted gotten a background check email? According to AAMC background checks for alternates are only sent after May 15th so I'm trying to Sherlock this...

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Emailed morehouse trying to leverage scholarship money, no response lol I'm nervous

I got the background check email this morning! So I'm either waitlisted or accepted and I called and they said they couldn't tell me over the phone but they said ALL DECISIONS were mailed out on Friday so good luck everyone! Round 1000 of prayers going up!

And to this end, has anyone that was waitlisted gotten a background check email? According to AAMC background checks for alternates are only sent after May 15th so I'm trying to Sherlock this...
So you didn't get the answer of "your file is still with committee" when you called?

Emailed morehouse trying to leverage scholarship money, no response lol I'm nervous
When I spoke with them, they said that financial aid packages wouldn't be given out until like May/June, basically, after you commit to them and no one else..
I'm grateful for the acceptance here, but honestly feel it would be better for most med schools to tell you how much, if any, financial aid you'll receive before committing.

When I spoke with them, they said that financial aid packages wouldn't be given out until like May/June, basically, after you commit to them and no one else..
I'm grateful for the acceptance here, but honestly feel it would be better for most med schools to tell you how much, if any, financial aid you'll receive before committing.
Ahhh man
I was holding out on declining my acceptance to the other school I got the acceptance at until I heard back about the scholarship money at morehouse to see if they can match. Morehouse is my top definitely, so I was hoping they'd respond

Does that mean decisions were sent via snail mail? I thought they switched to email!

So you didn't get the answer of "your file is still with committee" when you called?

Nope she just said all decision were mailed Friday and I actually never got the "still with committee" response all the times I've called

@Welp38 from what I've seen only accepted people get the background email. Congrats!!

Mind sharing when you interviewed ?

Did anyone else receive an email about a background check? I'm compulsively checking my email now...

Wtf? Denied off the waitlist this early. How did you find out, and if you found out through Snail mail... That would be so painful.

Man, finding out about a rejection through snail mail is like being stuck in place while a bullet is slowly making it's way towards your heart.

I feel like any day now , I am going to come back from a long day of work, only to see a rejection letter in the mail.
It was via snail mail. Kinda sucked, but I can't say that I didn't expect it

@Welp38 from what I've seen only accepted people get the background email. Congrats!!

Mind sharing when you interviewed ?
The letter just got to my house, accepted!!!!!!!

497 MCAT 3.3 science and overall GPA, interviewed 2/12!
GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME AND ALL THE TIME...

Reactions: 26 users
The letter just got to my house, accepted!!!!!!!

497 MCAT 3.3 science and overall GPA, interviewed 2/12!
GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME AND ALL THE TIME...

Sincere congratulations! Are you IS or OOS?