2015-2016 Morehouse School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For some reason I thought we would hear back about wait list/rejections by today, am I wrong?
I was told all decisions would be made by the end of this month.

EDIT: Oh are you referring to the AAMC traffic rules, for the March 15th date? Not every school follows those guidelines.

Members don't see this ad.

Any California residents accepted yet? Or anyone who interviewed in early January? This radio silence is kinda bumming me out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I was told all decisions would be made by the end of this month.

EDIT: Oh are you referring to the AAMC traffic rules, for the March 15th date? Not every school follows those guidelines.
who was it that told you about the end of the month decisions?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have a specific name. It's whoever that works in the admissions office and answers calls. I was trying to get the status of my app, and he said all decisions should be sent out by the end of March.

Reactions: 2 users
I received a similar answer, all decisions by the end of March, when I called and check my status at the beginning of March. The person I spoke with was female so it seems to be a consistent response throughout the office. The secondary application instructions also mentioned that all interviewed applicants should receive notification of their status (accepted, rejected, or waitlist) by the end of March.

Reactions: 3 users
I don't have a specific name. It's whoever that works in the admissions office and answers calls. I was trying to get the status of my app, and he said all decisions should be sent out by the end of March.

I received a similar answer, all decisions by the end of March, when I called and check my status at the beginning of March. The person I spoke with was female so it seems to be a consistent response throughout the office. The secondary application instructions also mentioned that all interviewed applicants should receive notification of their status (accepted, rejected, or waitlist) by the end of March.
ok well at least I have some sort of a timeline now, thank you guys for the info!

Nice! Congrats!! :clap:

You mind sharing when you interviewed?
Thanks! Interviewed Friday, October 23rd, was wait-listed in December and was accepted in February. I haven't made a final decision on a medical school to attend, so there's a chance I'll withdraw my acceptance from MSM.

Nope but they said it would take about a month right?... Which was Saturday... So now the clock ticks
Thanks! I don't remember them saying anything about a timeline... I saw that someone on this thread interviewed 2/19 and already heard back so I was very confused.

Thanks! I don't remember them saying anything about a timeline... I saw that someone on this thread interviewed 2/19 and already heard back so I was very confused.
During my interview they said from 2-4 weeks but from my understanding some have been notified sooner and some have been notified as late as June. I called a few days ago to check mine and they said that there is no updates soooo...the wait continues...:(:(:(

During my interview they said from 2-4 weeks but from my understanding some have been notified sooner and some have been notified as late as June. I called a few days ago to check mine and they said that there is no updates soooo...the wait continues...:(:(:(

Woosah my friend; all in due time

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a similar answer, all decisions by the end of March, when I called and check my status at the beginning of March. The person I spoke with was female so it seems to be a consistent response throughout the office. The secondary application instructions also mentioned that all interviewed applicants should receive notification of their status (accepted, rejected, or waitlist) by the end of March

You are so brave for calling, and generous for sharing that info:bow:

Reactions: 1 user
I'm OOS and interviewed 2/5. Haven't heard anything while people who interviewed the same day already got notifications. Why make me wait if it's a rejection or WL?

I'm OOS and interviewed 2/5. Haven't heard anything while people who interviewed the same day already got notifications. Why make me wait if it's a rejection or WL?
I legit had to wait 3 months. 3 months my man.

Sooo just to be clear...

Those of you accepted off the waitlist received notification by snail mail? No email and no phone call right?

I've been waitlisted since November too and had made up my mind that I wouldn't hear anything before May (according to last cycle's thread). Looks like this month is it though smh

Sooo just to be clear...

Those of you accepted off the waitlist received notification by snail mail? No email and no phone call right?

I've been waitlisted since November too and had made up my mind that I wouldn't hear anything before May (according to last cycle's thread). Looks like this month is it though smh

Yes, snail mail only.

Has anyone received additional financial aid info? I got the email about the scholarship application thing but the chances of getting it are slim.
I'd really like to know if I'll receive scholarships that aren't need-based before the April 30th deposit refund date but it seems like you won't know until May?

Has anyone received additional financial aid info? I got the email about the scholarship application thing but the chances of getting it are slim.
I'd really like to know if I'll receive scholarships that aren't need-based before the April 30th deposit refund date but it seems like you won't know until May?
Are you talking about the Locum Tenens thing? I got that too and was very confused lol

When did you receive this? I havent gotten anything since they emailed saying they received my deposit. Ive literally only gotten the acceptances letter snail mail and that email saying they got my deposit.

When will you guys start looking for apartments and stuff?
I got one off camp creek. There are some really nice apartments over there. I would suggest to start looking around because come May a lot of people will be signing leases

When did you receive this? I havent gotten anything since they emailed saying they received my deposit. Ive literally only gotten the acceptances letter snail mail and that email saying they got my deposit.

i would call them. i got my official packet within a week after they received my deposit.

I got the scholarship application email about a week ago.

Yes, do call, you will receive the orientation packet via email as well.

I've been looking at apartments since it doesn't seem like Morehouse is going to offer but so much assistance...the housing page in that PDF they sent is just testimonials. Best I've seen so far is like $700/month with a roommate. My concern, however, from friends living in ATL is how often cars get broken into even in the apartment complex garages. Anyhoo, I too will be accepting roomie applications, preference goes to those who like to cook as much as I do so we don't starve!

I lived in the WestEnd of Atlanta where MH is located for four years with a decent looking car and had to leave my car unlocked because I wouldn't be able to get back in (long story). Never had one issue with my car being broken into. It goes without saying, don't leave valuables in there and don't leave enticing things (even if not expensive) sitting in plain sight.

Atl isn't hardly as bad as people make it seem lol. Congrats on getting accepted and good luck with everything.

I know some of you were looking for a roommate and an affordable place to stay, and I am also in the same position. The school was nice to add a flyer on my packet, it's 12 min from school, nice neighborhood, 2 beds/2 and a half bathrooms, $1000/month with appliances, so we'll each pay $500/month. Please PM me if you're interested. Female preferably

What place? I'm curious where Morehouse suggested

If anyone one is interested in finding an apartment midtownish 8-10 mins from campus pm me. Always against traffic, and you don't have to take the high way. Apartment is gorgeous, a little on the pricer side but it's better safe than sorry. Not everyone is lucky enough to avoid break ins and I'm not willing to take that chance.
Congrats on every one who has gotten accepted. For those that are still waiting, stay positive: no news is always greats news!!

Lot of my classmates came off the waiting list and or got accepted later in the cycle!!

Also, id be proactive with admissions, if you didn't get something or if you feel like you haven't heard anything call and ask! You won't bother them! It's better to make sure you have all of your documents and things in order!!

Does anyone know if morehouse has mandatory lectures and if lectures are recorded?

We are currently in the process of having all lectures recorded, but since some teachers are against it There are some students that record it on their computers.. But according to the dean they are gonna make it a policy

Our actual "medical school classes" aren't mandatory (that includes histology and gross lab but gross is a group thing so you'll prob piss off your group lol) but we have other classes like community Health or fundamentals of medicine which is mandatory. So one-two lectures a week are mandatory.

It's located in Shawn Wayne Circle

Oh okay, that's on the East Side which I'm less familiar with, although I do know, the east side can be hit or miss lol

Now look, I don't know the prices of these places specifically but I do know people who have lived in each one of theses places and I think they might be worth checking out. They are all nice places in safe areas and are, at the most, a 15 min drive from Campus.

Apex West Midtown
Avana Westside Apartments
Alexander at the District
Atlanta Square Apartments
The Flats
The Art Foundry
M Street Apartments
Marquis Vista

Last edited:
Oh okay, that's on the East Side which I'm less familiar with, although I do know, the east side can be hit or miss lol

Now look, I don't know the prices of these places specifically but I do know people who have lived in each one of theses places and I think they might be worth checking out. They are also, at the most, a 15 min drive from Campus and are in safe areas.

Apex West Midtown
Avana Westside Apartments
Alexander at the District
Atlanta Square Apartments
The Flats
The Art Foundry
M Street Apartments
Marquis Vista
Thank you for the suggestions, I appreciate it. I will definitely check them out.

It's located in Shawn Wayne Circle
the place I'm looking at is around that area also. Not far from campus and i20 traffic doesn't get too bad in that direction.

The official Facebook group is the best way to find living situations, and answer any other questions y'all may have!

(Slight) update: I called admissions a few minutes ago and they still said everyone will be notified of their status by the end of the month but via EMAIL *Command+R* til forever

Good luck y'all

Reactions: 5 users
Heads up check your junk mail too. Mine went to junk by accident

I filed my FAFSA in January with 2014 info because my parents hadn't filed for 2015. Will they still process?

the place I'm looking at is around that area also. Not far from campus and i20 traffic doesn't get too bad in that direction.

It can in the morning when you're trying to get to campus and everybody is trying to get to work downtown lol. Same thing trying to come back if it's not later in the evening

It can in the morning when you're trying to get to campus and everybody is trying to get to work downtown lol. Same thing trying to come back if it's not later in the evening

Yea the traffic is inevitable and I could be wrong but In my experiences the flow of traffic is relatively light between these two exits on I20 (westbound in the AM, eastbound in the PM) and I20 has more lanes here (as opposed to OTP-past 285 where it can move a little slower during rush hour traffic).

On the other hand I85 often seems to be pretty much bumper to bumper traffic during rush hour.

The end of the month is so close! Anyone hear any news?

Its April Fools next friday...cant wait..