2015-2016 Morehouse School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know about how full the class is at this point?
BRUH! That AVI... That's freaking hilarious...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
ME!!!!! Trying to wait it out but I'm getting anxious and it's killing me!!!!
Anyone else interview early in the cycle, got wait listed and are just mindlessly checking this forum constantly like me? Lol

For anyone that has called did you just call the office of admissions or contact a particular person?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry late to this thread. I interviewed October 30th and was accepted November 30th.
I hope to come to morehouse deciding between a few schools. I'd like to connect to those matriculated and attending. Is there a Facebook group? Also I'm OOS. So I'm going to be looking for housing near campus of anyone wants to share a apartment or knows cheap 1 bedroom apartments please let me know.

So so so excited morehouse is def a dream come true

Doesn't seem like too many January interview acceptances were posted. Has anyone else that interviewed in January heard anything yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! Interviewed 12/3/15, accepted 2/5/16, OOS. I'm waiting on GW (waitlisted) but even then I'm not sure which I would prefer. Figured I'd make my way over here to interact with other accepted students since I don't think there's a Facebook group or anything yet.

Sorry late to this thread. I interviewed October 30th and was accepted November 30th.
I hope to come to morehouse deciding between a few schools. I'd like to connect to those matriculated and attending. Is there a Facebook group? Also I'm OOS. So I'm going to be looking for housing near campus of anyone wants to share a apartment or knows cheap 1 bedroom apartments please let me know.

So so so excited morehouse is def a dream come true

I've been looking at apartments since it doesn't seem like Morehouse is going to offer but so much assistance...the housing page in that PDF they sent is just testimonials. Best I've seen so far is like $700/month with a roommate. My concern, however, from friends living in ATL is how often cars get broken into even in the apartment complex garages. Anyhoo, I too will be accepting roomie applications, preference goes to those who like to cook as much as I do so we don't starve!

Doesn't seem like too many January interview acceptances were posted. Has anyone else that interviewed in January heard anything yet?

Yeah, I interviewed on January 8th and was accepted on February 26th. I'm also IS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cheap as in together paying no more 1200 a month
Or individually 600 a month?
Gotcha. Well you should be able to find some 2 bedroom apartments for 1200 in the atl area. 600 for a single bedroom might be a reach though.

Does anyone know what kind of laptop it is that they give us lol doesn't matter just curious

Does anyone know what kind of laptop it is that they give us lol doesn't matter just curious
When we sat in on the M1 lecture during my interview day, I noticed the students had Lenovo Laptops (Thinkpads I believe).

Last edited:
Interviewed late February and anxiously waiting to hear back! Patience has been hard to come by lately lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Was anyone that interviewed recently told when they should expect to hear back about a decision?

i hope daylight savings time helps make the time go by quicker. I just want to hit up the decision committee and be like "ya'll make a decision about my future yet?" :poke:......

Reactions: 4 users
i hope daylight savings time helps make the time go by quicker. I just want to hit up the decision committee and be like "ya'll make a decision about my future yet?" :poke:......

I feel the same exact way! Lol I'm only about 2 weeks post interview too....

Has anyone from the 2/12 interview day heard back from admissions?

Have people recieved post-interview rejections/waitlist information?

Have people recieved post-interview rejections/waitlist information?
I feel ya......I interviewed way back in Dec and I haven't heard a squeak from these guys......The same amount of effort to send a person an acceptance letter is the same amount of effort to send a waitlist notification or a rejection....It's just frustrating to be left in the dark+pissed+

Reactions: 3 users
I feel ya......I interviewed way back in Dec and I haven't heard a squeak from these guys......The same amount of effort to send a person an acceptance letter is the same amount of effort to send a waitlist notification or a rejection....It's just frustrating to be left in the dark+pissed+
Thanks yo. Im just so tired of not knowing what my future is and its really bummin me out

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if morehouse has mandatory lectures and if lectures are recorded?

Congratulations on those who were accepted in state and OOS. For those who don't mind sharing...what were your stats (MCAT, GPA, extracurricular, etc.)? What is the ideal MCAT score for acceptance?

Has anyone from the 2/12 interview day heard back from admissions?

Nope but they said it would take about a month right?... Which was Saturday... So now the clock ticks

Congratulations on those who were accepted in state and OOS. For those who don't mind sharing...what were your stats (MCAT, GPA, extracurricular, etc.)? What is the ideal MCAT score for acceptance?

I don't mind sharing. Interviewed 2/05. Accepted 2/26. IS reapplicant. Undergrad cumulative and science GPA 3.8, Master's GPA 4.0. MCAT taken three times: 26, 28, 512.

I don't know the ideal MCAT for acceptance at Morehouse, but it just goes to show you that you shouldn't lose hope if you have to retake the MCAT or reapply. Morehouse looks at everything when they decide on you, and they just want to see improvement and that you can handle medical school.

Edit: Just saw you wanted extracurriculars too. Did 2.5 years research. 2.5 years volunteering at a hospital. 2 week medical mission trip. 1 month medical study abroad. Shadowed 2 different doctors and a nurse. 4 different clubs at my undergrad college, held positions in 2. Week and a half trip to do Habitat with some people at my undergraduate college.

Last edited:
Well thank you for your response! Just wanted to see what the average stats were!

Well thank you for your response! Just wanted to see what the average stats were!

You're welcome! I hope it helps!

But I also hope that more people post their stats because every applicant is different, and medical schools don't just take one type of applicant.

Don't give up, and good luck!!

You're welcome! I hope it helps!

But I also hope that more people post their stats because every applicant is different, and medical schools don't just take one type of applicant.

Don't give up, and good luck!!
Yes I would love others to post! And I wont give up. Im definitely going to be attending this fall with you. Ill let you know when i get my acceptance letter.

I asked the Dean of admissions during my interview day if lectures are recorded and she stated that many professors don't wish to be recorded. So, no lecture recordings :/ I also noticed that the professor was not wearing a mic during the lecture I sat in (which prompted me to ask in the first place).

Can any current students give us any insight in these regards?

I asked the Dean of admissions during my interview day if lectures are recorded and she stated that many professors don't wish to be recorded. So, no lecture recordings :/ I also noticed that the professor was not wearing a mic during the lecture I sat in (which prompted me to ask in the first place).

I spoke with several current and they said lectures are recorded. The dean told my interview group the lectures were recorded. The class I say in on was being recorded.

On my interview day the lecture was recorded.

I know some of you were looking for a roommate and an affordable place to stay, and I am also in the same position. The school was nice to add a flyer on my packet, it's 12 min from school, nice neighborhood, 2 beds/2 and a half bathrooms, $1000/month with appliances, so we'll each pay $500/month. Please PM me if you're interested. Female preferably

The student tour guide said they didn't have a school-wide recording system but that some of the students have started to record lectures and share them.

Is there a FB page for accepted students?

For some reason I thought we would hear back about wait list/rejections by today, am I wrong?