2015-2016 Morehouse School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ahhh man
I was holding out on declining my acceptance to the other school I got the acceptance at until I heard back about the scholarship money at morehouse to see if they can match. Morehouse is my top definitely, so I was hoping they'd respond

Did the other school give u a significant amount to sway ur decision? Why wouldn't you go to Morehouse if it's your top choice?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The letter just got to my house, accepted!!!!!!!

497 MCAT 3.3 science and overall GPA, interviewed 2/12!
GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME AND ALL THE TIME...

Yay! Congrats! (We interviewed the same day!)

Reactions: 1 users
YES ITS 3:19 AM WHERE I AM AND CAME HOME TO MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER!

Praise God Almighty !!!!

Reactions: 13 users
:soexcited::highfive:
The letter just got to my house, accepted!!!!!!!

497 MCAT 3.3 science and overall GPA, interviewed 2/12!
GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME AND ALL THE TIME...
Yes you better go head!!! God is goooood!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Just called, they said all decisions will be mailed out by this coming friday and everyone will know their status by next week.

At this point, I have no idea who to believe...

They also said on the phone, THAT REJECTIONS will also be sent by snail mail. God Dam it.

Just called, they said all decisions will be mailed out by this coming friday and everyone will know their status by next week.

At this point, I have no idea who to believe...

They also said on the phone, THAT REJECTIONS will also be sent by snail mail. God Dam it.
Just called a half and hour ago and got the same message. Said it will come via snail mail.

So for those of you who received an acceptance letter did the letter come into any specific envelope? Did it have a distinct color? Just needing to know what to look forward to before I open because I may just have someone else open it.:boom::boom::boom:

Members don't see this ad :)
Wish I could just call and get my status over the phone. Since they already know...

Reactions: 2 users
So for those of you who received an acceptance letter did the letter come into any specific envelope? Did it have a distinct color? Just needing to know what to look forward to before I open because I may just have someone else open it.:boom::boom::boom:

I just realized, this is probably the most important question in this thread.

Anyone get any mail today yet?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

It was in a large Manila envelope. There was nothing particularly special on the outside. It just had their address and mine on it.

Why are they wasting paper and stamps on rejections?!? Just email me so I can delete it and go to sleep!

Reactions: 10 users
YES ITS 3:19 AM WHERE I AM AND CAME HOME TO MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER!

Praise God Almighty !!!!

Congrats! Mind sharing when you interviewed? Are you IS or OOS?

Rejection email, only one thing. I didn't attend my interview invite. Whatever, may mean they are making final decisions for the rest of you.

Rejection email, only one thing. I didn't attend my interview invite. Whatever, may mean they are making final decisions for the rest of you.

Interesting! Good to know they're doing something!

So no golden tickets in the mail today I'm assuming

Reactions: 1 user
They're giving out scholarships now for those who were asking! :claps:

were u notified via email?

Yes. I got an email with an attached letter with all of the details, and they said a physical letter will also be mailed to my house.

Reactions: 1 user
NO EMAIL BUT YOU GOT AN ACCEPTANCE LETTER?? THERE'S HOPE YET???
I made a mistake. They actually sent me a link to do the background check the same day I got my letter of acceptance. It was in another email inbox I didn't check. But the background check is for students who are wait listed or accepted.

I made a mistake. They actually sent me a link to do the background check the same day I got my letter of acceptance. It was in another email inbox I didn't check. But the background check is for students who are wait listed or accepted.

Cmon dreeeeee . Do better!!

I'm freaking out! Does anyone else feel like no background check email = rejection?! Apologies for stoking any fires here...

I called the admissions office the other day, they asked for my name. Afterwards, they told me there are no updates for me at all. Meanwhile everyone else who called "everyone will hear this week/next week"

Wat

Stop playing with my heart, Morehouse

I called the admissions office the other day, they asked for my name. Afterwards, they told me there are no updates for me at all. Meanwhile everyone else who called "everyone will hear this week/next week"

Wat

Stop playing with my heart, Morehouse

So unfortunately, from what I can gather. It seems that if we do not receive a background check email this week. We will receive a rejection letter next week.

So unfortunately, from what I can gather. It seems that if we do not receive a background check email this week. We will receive a rejection letter next week.

Dammiitt winter!!!!

I'm freaking out! Does anyone else feel like no background check email = rejection?! Apologies for stoking any fires here...

No, I think you can still be on the waitlist. They don't send the background check to people on the waitlist until May.

"In support of this recommendation, the AAMC facilitates a National Background Check Service, through which Certiphi Screening, Inc. (a Vertical Screen® Company) will procure a national background report on Early Decision applicants at the point of acceptance and all other accepted applicants after January 1. In addition, beginning in May of each year, a national background report will be procured for a subset of applicants who are on a participating school's alternate list; medical schools will not receive such reports until the point of acceptance."

No, I think you can still be on the waitlist. They don't send the background check to people on the waitlist until May.

"In support of this recommendation, the AAMC facilitates a National Background Check Service, through which Certiphi Screening, Inc. (a Vertical Screen Company) will procure a national background report on Early Decision applicants at the point of acceptance and all other accepted applicants after January 1. In addition, beginning in May of each year, a national background report will be procured for a subset of applicants who are on a participating school's alternate list; medical schools will not receive such reports until the point of acceptance."

You duh woman! Thank you

So...thats not true right? RIGHT? D:

I doubt this. There's still plenty of time for wait list movement.

Thanks everyone for the reassurance. It's so easy to spiral!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Idk how you got to that conclusion bruh, some rejections were sent out last week. I don't think there's a pattern here
& I believe those rejections were pre-interview.
Morehouse rarely rejects post of interview. If it's not an acceptance, then it's waitlist most likely.

Looking at last year's thread, you can see that pretty much everyone who wasn't accepted post interview, was wait listed.