2015-2016 Morehouse School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't think you should worry about being blindsided per se. I'm sure you already know there are two interviews, and the style of the interview can vary depending on the interviewers. Luckily none of my interviews were high-stress but be prepared to answer the usual med school interview questions and talk about the things on your application. You will be touring Grady, so wear shoes you can walk in.

Ok thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Interviewing here Friday! Anything I should know so I'm not blindsided?

The interviews are 45 minutes to an 1 hour long. That was the only thing that surprised me but everything is pretty smooth sailing. Just practice up on common questions and know your application, PS, and secondary.

Members don't see this ad :)
The interviews are 45 minutes to an 1 hour long. That was the only thing that surprised me but everything is pretty smooth sailing. Just practice up on common questions and know your application, PS, and secondary.
My second interview was literally 10 minutes which worried me a bit but everyone who had that interviewer said theirs was short as well.

Reactions: 2 users
My second interview was literally 10 minutes which worried me a bit but everyone who had that interviewer said theirs was short as well.
I think it does vary per interviewer because one of mines was about 15 minutes. Especially if one interviewer is interviewing 2 people in the hour timeframe. But some of the people who interviewed with me were in there for about 45 minutes to an hour. We just got lucky! :)

Reactions: 1 user
I think it does vary per interviewer because one of mines was about 15 minutes. Especially if one interviewer is interviewing 2 people in the hour timeframe. But some of the people who interviewed with me were in there for about 45 minutes to an hour. We just got lucky! :)

If it's the Indian guy, I had my interview with him. The Interview was less than ten minutes, he seemed to like me though. I know this wait is killing you guys, it's killing me too. I'm waiting on Morehouse or Howard to hit me with that decision, either way, it's better to know than to be stuck in Limbo like this. I interviewed in Dec. still yet to hear anything.

Reactions: 1 users
If it's the Indian guy, I had my interview with him. The Interview was less than ten minutes, he seemed to like me though. I know this wait is killing you guys, it's killing me too. I'm waiting on Morehouse or Howard to hit me with that decision, either way, it's better to know than to be stuck in Limbo like this. I interviewed in Dec. still yet to hear anything.

Its been only 3 weeks since I interviewed (my only interview this cycle) and it feels like an eternity O_O

Does anyone know if we get a refund of the $100 if we withdraw our acceptance ? MSAR says yes, but some schools have different policies from what is on MSAR.

Does anyone know where most Morehouse medical students live?
A few of my friends live in the Calibre Lake apartments. Very beautiful and affordable if you ask me, and the drive isn't too bad. You're very close to I-285. Take that for about 5 miles, get unto I-20, and you'll be at morehouse in no time.
Midtown will be too expensive.

Does anyone know if we get a refund of the $100 if we withdraw our acceptance ? MSAR says yes, but some schools have different policies from what is on MSAR.
Yes, your deposit is refundable up until April 30th (fairly sure). I called last week to make sure :)

Yes it was him lol he seemed to be friendly on the walk to/from his office but was short during the interview... It's only be over a week since my interview so I have a while to play the waiting game but good luck to you! I haven't heard anything from Howard yet :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received scholarship offers/ financial aid information ?

Yes it was him lol he seemed to be friendly on the walk to/from his office but was short during the interview... It's only be over a week since my interview so I have a while to play the waiting game but good luck to you! I haven't heard anything from Howard yet :/

Thank you, have you interviewed with Howard yet?

ACCEPTED!!! interviewed first week of January!! Anyone else confused by the deadline to hold your spot? The date on my letter is February 5th, but i just got the letter today. So technically the 14 days waiting period has passed.

ACCEPTED!!! interviewed first week of January!! Anyone else confused by the deadline to hold your spot? The date on my letter is February 5th, but i just got the letter today. So technically the 14 days waiting period has passed.
The letter was postmarked Feb 5th? Or the deadline to hold the spot was Feb 5th?
& congrats!

The letter was postmarked Feb 5th? Or the deadline to hold the spot was Feb 5th?
& congrats!
The date on the letter said February 5th. Idk when the actual post mark date was. And thanks!!

You should probably call them as soon as possible and let them know you just received the letter and will be sending your deposit. They probably expected you to receive the letter long before now. I'm guessing you are OOS?

Accepted today as well, OOS. Interviewed early December.

I hate that they didn't inform us via email.
So technically from the words in the admission letter, The deadline was 02/19. I called them yesterday, they said we should send the deposit ASAP.

You should probably call them as soon as possible and let them know you just received the letter and will be sending your deposit. They probably expected you to receive the letter long before now. I'm guessing you are OOS?
Yeah I'm out of state. I called the office this morning and they said I should just send it asap.

I hate that they didn't inform us via email.
So technically from the words in the admission letter, The deadline was 02/19. I called them yesterday, they said we should send the deposit ASAP.
Yeah I had to do the same thing. I really wish they did emails cause I use my address for my home but I'm at school right now so ive been bugging my father to check the mail.

Hi everyone! New to posting so hopefully I'm doing this right! I'm interviewing here tomorrow and I never got a formal invite in the mail... For those who already interviewed what building should we report to?

Hi everyone! New to posting so hopefully I'm doing this right! I'm interviewing here tomorrow and I never got a formal invite in the mail... For those who already interviewed what building should we report to?

There will be someone at the gate when you arrive that will tell you where to park and where to go.

Hugh Gloster building. The address will lead you directly to it.

Congratulations med school!

Is there a certain amount of time people have waited post-interview until they called to check their status? Is there any point at all in calling to check your status?

Is there a certain amount of time people have waited post-interview until they called to check their status? Is there any point at all in calling to check your status?

Your status will forever be under review post-interview lol
From what I have noticed, they haven't accepted many (or any?) in-state people and they probably won't until April?

From what I have noticed, they haven't accepted many (or any?) in-state people and they probably won't until April?
I'm in state and was accepted a couple of weeks ago! I interviewed January 6th. My interview group didn't have many in-state people from what I can remember... I may have been one of three.

Right that's why I figured it was pointless lol thank you though!

I'm in state and was accepted a couple of weeks ago! I interviewed January 6th. My interview group didn't have many in-state people from what I can remember... I may have been one of three.

We interviewed together!! Congrats!!

Accepted this morning!! So excited!!! LizzyM 69, interviewed 2/05.

Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys! I just received an email this morning stating that a school I've either been wait listed or accepted to has requested to do a background check. I got the email from AAMC. Did anyone else get that email?

Hey guys! I just received an email this morning stating that a school I've either been wait listed or accepted to has requested to do a background check. I got the email from AAMC. Did anyone else get that email?

I received it as well. Good news either way :) Interviewed on 2/19

Congrats! Did you receive notification via mail, phone, or email? Or multiple?

Thank you! So I actually got that email that other people are getting about the certiphi background check. And I was too impatient so I called, and they told me on the phone! The letter will be here tomorrow, she said. I'm hoping for good news for the rest of you as well!

Thank you! So I actually got that email that other people are getting about the certiphi background check. And I was too impatient so I called, and they told me on the phone! The letter will be here tomorrow, she said. I'm hoping for good news for the rest of you as well!

Oh goodness, I've been trying to practice patience, lol. This post just stirred me up! Congratulations!

Oh goodness, I've been trying to practice patience, lol. This post just stirred me up! Congratulations!

Thank you! Good luck! I hope your news is as good as mine was!

Reactions: 1 users
I called, they said I should be on the lookout for something in the mail next week :soexcited:
Now I want to call. Haha. Interviewed 1/15...still waiting. I know patience is a virtue but I'm with Graham100; this post has me all stirred up!

does anyone know when all the financial aid stuff is due?
And has anyone received any correspondence post acceptance? Or just silence? I havent received anything about a background check