2015-2016 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3.7, 514, waitlisted. Going to be a long wait folks, everyone settle in! Most waitlist movement won't occur until early May.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait listed, so out of the 3 I applied to all 3 waitlists..... So sad :( any tips for getting accepted off waitlists?

3.9 GPA 32 MCAT
Me too! 3.9 and a 31 and wait listed everywhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait listed, so out of the 3 I applied to all 3 waitlists..... So sad :( any tips for getting accepted off waitlists?

3.9 GPA 32 MCAT

Feels like all that work was for nothing!

Waitlisted as well, interviewed in early November. Good MCAT, decent GPA, a lot of ECs. Everyone just stay positive, MCG has a HUGE class, I can bet 50+ of their current class got in off the alternate list.

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted as well, interviewed in early November. Good MCAT, decent GPA, a lot of ECs. Everyone just stay positive, MCG has a HUGE class, I can bet 50+ of their current class got in off the alternate list.

I hope so!

Waitlisted as well. Grateful it's not a rejection and for the glimmer of hope :). Decent mcat. Definitely lower math sci gpa. Strong ECs and references. Did anyone get rejected?

Waitlisted as well. Grateful it's not a rejection and for the glimmer of hope :). Decent mcat. Definitely lower math sci gpa. Strong ECs and references. Did anyone get rejected?

I don't think the reject anyone post interview

Reactions: 1 user
I requested my official transcript be sent to the Laney Walker address, which is what is listed on their website. But then I re-read the waitlist email from yesterday and it said to send it to the 15th street address. I guess I'll call on Monday. Has anyone else sent their official transcripts in yet? Particularly to the Laney Walker address?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I requested my official transcript be sent to the Laney Walker address, which is what is listed on their website. But then I re-read the waitlist email from yesterday and it said to send it to the 15th street address. I guess I'll call on Monday. Has anyone else sent their official transcripts in yet? Particularly to the Laney Walker address?

Yes, I've sent 6 to the 15th Street and 4 have been marked received/finalized. 2 are missing so I have resent them, this time to the Laney Walker Blvd address, because I noticed the change in the most recent email. When I called in January, I was told to make sure that AA-2040 was referenced.

For those who have been accepted - Has anyone received their campus assignment yet?

how were your ECs? and where else were your accepted?

GPA 3.5, MCAT 511, ECs were pretty good I think, D3 athlete, president of a sorority, founder president of a chapter of global brigades, premed frat, etc. only a little research, one presentation at SEPA. So you be the judge. I was a scribe and I had about 100 shadowing hours in various specialties. If that gives you a better idea? Got accepted to morehouse, mercer, MCG, wait list at Emory so far.

For those who have been accepted - Has anyone received their campus assignment yet?
Yeah, go into your Pounce account under the student tab, then click "student records", then "view student information".

Yes, I've sent 6 to the 15th Street and 4 have been marked received/finalized. 2 are missing so I have resent them, this time to the Laney Walker Blvd address, because I noticed the change in the most recent email. When I called in January, I was told to make sure that AA-2040 was referenced.
Where do you see that they have received it? I send an e-transcript and got a message that they downloaded it, but I can't see that they received it on my portal?

Where do you see that they have received it? I send an e-transcript and got a message that they downloaded it, but I can't see that they received it on my portal?

It is under the Status tab > Documents. Until recently, maybe a week ago, that page was blank for me. I could only see the word References.

I received the "transcripts not received email" in January and I made a call then and let them know that I had requested them. Someone in the office suggested that I keep track of the progress online, but I let her know that it was blank and she wasn't sure why I couldn't see anything on my side. She said to give it a few weeks for the transcripts to arrive. I logged in last week to find the immunization form and happened to click on the documents tab and saw that the two transcripts were missing. Not sure how long it has been there though.

But does everyone's say "main campus" as default?

I really hope not, I'm already looking at places in Augusta haha :/ Does anyone's Pounce say the Athens campus?? Or did anyone accepted put that as his or her campus preference?

Accepted Friday. 3.4 GPA, 513 MCAT, lots of research (biochem and sociology) and shadowing, some volunteer work and club sports. If you were waitlisted like I was last year and don't get accepted this time around, first have your pity party, and then look objectively at your application and make improvements where you can. That may mean retaking the MCAT....which blows. But it'll be worth it if it gets you in to med school. Just stay the course. Oh, and try not to compare yourself to every other person on here because it'll only make you miserable.

Reactions: 2 users
I called the admissions office for information about a second look date and was told they will not be hosting a second look this year. :( The March 25th date must be something different...

I called the admissions office for information about a second look date and was told they will not be hosting a second look this year. :( The March 25th date must be something different...
Nooooooo D: I suspect it might be the accepted URM second look thing.

Has anyone taken a look at at the updated version of MSAR recently? Schools now have waitlist info on there. Like total number & number accepted. Unfortunately, MCG doesn't have theirs updated. But it could be useful if you're also wait listed at other schools!

Has anyone taken a look at at the updated version of MSAR recently? Schools now have waitlist info on there. Like total number & number accepted. Unfortunately, MCG doesn't have theirs updated. But it could be useful if you're also wait listed at other schools!

Would you be willing to post that information here? Maybe for Mercer as well? I dont have a copy of the MSAR, and I'm also completely broke at this point in time :(. Regardless, thank you for pointing out that the information is there.

FWIW, they interviewed 495 instate applicants last year, and accepted 340 for a whopping 69% acceptance rate for in-staters post-interview. Here's to a massive waitlist movement!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Would you be willing to post that information here? Maybe for Mercer as well? I dont have a copy of the MSAR, and I'm also completely broke at this point in time :(. Regardless, thank you for pointing out that the information is there.
Sure!
MCG did not provide their waitlist info.
Mercer: 150 on waitlist. 73 accepted from waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
For those on the waitlist, are you adding MCG to your FASFA?
I figured it could save delays, if accepted from the waitlist super late.

I added it. I think they told us to when I interviewed, but I could just be remembering wrong. I didn't see "MCG" on there though. Just "Georgia Regents" so that's what I did. Guess they haven't updated it to Augusta University.

I added MCG to FAFSA.

I just got off the phone with Financial Aid, and apparently we won't get an offer/package till the Summer.. >_<

FWIW, they interviewed 495 instate applicants last year, and accepted 340 for a whopping 69% acceptance rate for in-staters post-interview. Here's to a massive waitlist movement!

No to be a party pooper but wouldn't they have accepted a ton of those kids already? When will there be wait list movement? Historically, has it been April or May?

No to be a party pooper but wouldn't they have accepted a ton of those kids already? When will there be wait list movement? Historically, has it been April or May?

People can hold acceptances without penalty until April 30th so that's when the most movement will happen

I highly doubt they accepted 340 already. That would be dangerous to over-accept by that much. Keep in the mind the 340 is only for instate applicants, they also accepted 36 OOS applicants, of which 14 enrolled for a total enrollment of 230. In terms of instate apps, 340 were accepted, 216 enrolled. If there was a way to confirm how many MCG accepted prior to making the waitlist, we could actually draw conclusions on how many students came off the waitlist. I would guess they've accepted around 270-280 by now? Which, if is the case, would leave around 60-80 to be accepted off the waitlist. Just a guess though.

Last edited:
I highly doubt they accepted 340 already. That would be dangerous to over-accept by that much. Keep in the mind the 340 is only for instate applicants, they also accepted 36 OOS applicants, of which 14 enrolled for a total enrollment of 230. In terms of instate apps, 340 were accepted, 216 enrolled. If there was a way to confirm how many MCG accepted prior to making the waitlist, we could actually draw conclusions on how many students came off the waitlist. I would guess they've accepted around 270-280 by now? Which, if is the case, would leave around 60-80 to be accepted off the waitlist. Just a guess though.

So I'm guessing 20 percent get pulled off the wait list? I'm assuming 300 kids got wait listed...

No idea. Every cycle is different, so at this point, it's truly unpredictable. All we can do is wait. And also keep in mind, on last year's thread someone was accepted the week of orientation...so it's never over til it's over. lol.

Historically it has been on traffic day and after. Last year, almost everyone I know who was waitlisted was accepted in May. I was accepted on traffic day.

Guys they do over accept, but they also tend to have a decent amount of waitlist movement. Last year, the campus assignments were released in June leaving people like me almost no time to find a place to live as I had to be on campus July 1. I have housing advice. I would recommend 1) avoiding Harrisburg, it was due to my issues living in this area which is causing me to have to remediate the year, 2) Avoid Auben Realty, 3) Do Summerville or Evans if you can.

I am buying a house near Daniel Field (a very quiet city airport) in a safer area in the hopes that this ends up being a non-issue. I will have a room for rent in the house if anyone is interested in learning more about the house or me.

Guys they do over accept, but they also tend to have a decent amount of waitlist movement. Last year, the campus assignments were released in June leaving people like me almost no time to find a place to live as I had to be on campus July 1. I have housing advice. I would recommend 1) avoiding Harrisburg, it was due to my issues living in this area which is causing me to have to remediate the year, 2) Avoid Auben Realty, 3) Do Summerville or Evans if you can.

I am buying a house near Daniel Field (a very quiet city airport) in a safer area in the hopes that this ends up being a non-issue. I will have a room for rent in the house if anyone is interested in learning more about the house or me.

just wondering--why did you have to be on campus July 1st? Do all students need to be on campus by then?