2015-2016 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called yesterday and was told that those of us on the waitlist should get something in writing if we're not accepted off the waitlist, however, we could still be accepted anywhere between now and August 1st. Orientation starts August 1st...

Holding on to that little amount of hope lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Can any current or incoming student please reply to this post:
Are we required to purchase our own medical equipment (stethoscope, ophthalmoscope, otoscope etc) or is it already included in tuition and will be provided?
If we are required to purchase, what are the specifics of each item?

Can any current or incoming student please reply to this post:
Are we required to purchase our own medical equipment (stethoscope, ophthalmoscope, otoscope etc) or is it already included in tuition and will be provided?
If we are required to purchase, what are the specifics of each item?

We're required to purchase our own equipment. There weren't really specifics. They sent out a sheet with recommended things, but I only got the stethoscope and probably won't buy the opthalmoscope and otoscope because they'll be in the PD rooms for us to use. In the email, they said we could just use those when the building is open if we want to practice. So that's probably what I'll do since those are ~$600.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Tomorrow is the last day that they will be sending out acceptances, so good luck to everyone else on the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you who matriculated at MCG this cycle (2015-2016), when were you able to access your student email account and JAG ID? Admissions told me that it would be some time "after the first of the year," but well over half a month has passed since the first of the year and my inbox is conspicuously devoid of any such instructions. I'd like to at least be given my student ID number and access to my student account so that I can apply for on-campus housing as early as possible.

(I was accepted September 2016 [EDP] and immediately sent in my signed commitment to matriculate and acceptance deposit check, so the Admissions office has had those documents for months now. I also completed and passed my background check months ago.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user