2015-2016 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"Document Status" tab is blank again... how strange.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does mid to late March sound about accurate for the release of the waitlist? Or possibly even more acceptances?

Does mid to late March sound about accurate for the release of the waitlist? Or possibly even more acceptances?

Last year, it was March 13th. I think they have to have a full class by March 15th so the waitlist will probably be released before then too.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations to all those accepted! That's so exciting for you all!!

On a separate note, I just realized that the "Document Status" part that I thought has been empty for a while has this in it:

"Matriculation Requirement: MCG office will review and verify transcripts of accepted applicants beginning May. All final transcripts for all college courses taken including those with degree posted should be submitted to the MCG Admissions office within four weeks of completion or graduation. Transcripts submitted to AMCAS are not forwarded to schools, therefore, accepted applicants must resend all completed transcripts to the Medical College of Georgia."

And it says that my transcript is missing underneath this. Does anybody know if we need to send them our transcripts if we have not been accepted? The way they phrased this makes it sound like we do not need to send our transcripts unless we are accepted, but they said that they are missing mine so it makes me wonder if I am supposed to send it.

It had been blank. But the other day, this appeared under it. Now it's blank again.

For what it's worth, mine is blank as well, but I didn't interview. What is missing from the page?

Congrats to those accepted! Anyone who interviewed before 1/1/2016 get accepted this past Wednesday (3/2) round?

Does anyone else just find it ridiculous that MCG requests so many documents to prove ga state residency? I get license and tax return. But comeon, voter registration card, 2 utility bills, and car registration? They're seriously trippin

Hey guys, where can I find good apartments for myself. I want to live about 15 minutes away because it would be cheaper than living near the college. Also, do I get my pouncer ID once they receive my confirmation to reserve my acceptance?

Does anyone else just find it ridiculous that MCG requests so many documents to prove ga state residency? I get license and tax return. But comeon, voter registration card, 2 utility bills, and car registration? They're seriously trippin
I was told by the admissions office that we only needed to submit only two of those

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone from the 2/12 interview date been accepted, or is 2/11 the lastest date people have been accepted from?

As someone who interviewed in the second half of February... I'm hoping that is the reason why I didn't hear anything from MCG last week =p

Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrew yesterday. Good luck everyone waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone attending the second look day?

Did you get your acceptance yet? Because I think they sent the details to accepted students only
Yeah.. they sent me my Jag id and augusta email and everything. I guess I'll shoot them an email

I received the second look email as well last night and I will be attending!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone heard when the next release of names will be? Maybe Friday? I know that they have to have the list in by March 15th...

Also, I got an email about Second Look a while ago and it was angled towards URM students. Looking again at the email I got yesterday, it was sent out by the Office of Student and Multicultural Affairs, specifically the Diversity Outreach liaison. I am not sure, but that might be why some people are getting the emails and some people aren't.

Has anyone heard when the next release of names will be? Maybe Friday? I know that they have to have the list in by March 15th...
I called admissions but they wouldn't give me a definitive answer. I highly doubt it will be this Friday since they just released acceptances last week. Who even knows if more acceptances will be released or if it'll just be the wait list . But I'm hoping they will release it by the end of the month.

Also, I got an email about Second Look a while ago and it was angled towards URM students. Looking again at the email I got yesterday, it was sent out by the Office of Student and Multicultural Affairs, specifically the Diversity Outreach liaison. I am not sure, but that might be why some people are getting the emails and some people aren't.
I am a URM, so looks like it's being sent to accepted people

You think more acceptances will be sent out tomorrow?
I'm hoping it'll either be tomorrow or Monday. They have to have their full list of 230 students into AAMC by next Tuesday (March 15th). So I guess if you haven't heard back by then you're technically on the wait list?

Also accepted today, supremely relieved. Interviewed 12/16, I think

Reactions: 2 users
Just got waitlisted here! Fingers crossed now. :xf::luck:

Waitlisted. Sigh. Hopefully the wait list movement isn't too slow.

Wait listed how good are your chances of coming of the wait list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waitlisted

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

What are your guys stats that are also on wait list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know about how many people came off the waitlist last year?
It sucks they don't give you your ranking or the total number on the list.

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted LM ~70, In state
Interview in early November

Last edited: