2015-2016 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For someone who interviewed in October, not hearing back by now sure is disconcerting. Anyone know of someone accepted off the waitlist that interviewed so early? Sigh...doesn't help that my interviews went so-so..similar to how others mentioned in this thread :/

One of my friends interviewed in September last year and was accepted off the waitlist in May. There's still hope!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For someone who interviewed in October, not hearing back by now sure is disconcerting. Anyone know of someone accepted off the waitlist that interviewed so early? Sigh...doesn't help that my interviews went so-so..similar to how others mentioned in this thread :/
A wait list hasn't been started yet. They said that they would start one after all interviews are over.

A wait list hasn't been started yet. They said that they would start one after all interviews are over.

I was hoping for known acceptances from the past..the waitlist emails are coming within the next 2 weeks. At this point, I am hoping for one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else in state not received an interview invite or a rejection? Is MCG still sending out invites? I've been complete since August and total silence.
+1

Just got the ol' "f you" email. My guess is they'll be sending them out to everyone else soon if you don't already have it in you inbox. They do send out a helpful little checklist that includes suggestions on how to improve your chances for next cycle. Kinda stinks for me though, as I've already done everything they suggest, and my grades are either right on the median or just below. Anyway, for those of you who do get the rejection email, I spoke with someone in the office and she said to reply to the email and ask to meet with an admissions counselor, if you'd like.

Oh boy, people are already receiving E-mails. Now I am worried, I interviewed on Jan 11th and no response yet. I am actually shaking right now. After the interview, this school became my top choice, I fell in love with the campus.

Reactions: 3 users
Just received an acceptance email!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to all those accepted! That's so exciting for you all!!

On a separate note, I just realized that the "Document Status" part that I thought has been empty for a while has this in it:

"Matriculation Requirement: MCG office will review and verify transcripts of accepted applicants beginning May. All final transcripts for all college courses taken including those with degree posted should be submitted to the MCG Admissions office within four weeks of completion or graduation. Transcripts submitted to AMCAS are not forwarded to schools, therefore, accepted applicants must resend all completed transcripts to the Medical College of Georgia."

And it says that my transcript is missing underneath this. Does anybody know if we need to send them our transcripts if we have not been accepted? The way they phrased this makes it sound like we do not need to send our transcripts unless we are accepted, but they said that they are missing mine so it makes me wonder if I am supposed to send it.

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Hoping to hear some good news soon. The wait is killing me. Also, for those accepted, can you please post stats, interview dates and your residency status? Thanks and good luck to everyone else!

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Hoping to hear some good news soon. The wait is killing me. Also, for those accepted, can you please post stats, interview dates and your residency status? Thanks and good luck to everyone else!
502 MCAT, 3.8GPA, 3.9sGPA, OOS, 1/11/16

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations to all those accepted! That's so exciting for you all!!

On a separate note, I just realized that the "Document Status" part that I thought has been empty for a while has this in it:

"Matriculation Requirement: MCG office will review and verify transcripts of accepted applicants beginning May. All final transcripts for all college courses taken including those with degree posted should be submitted to the MCG Admissions office within four weeks of completion or graduation. Transcripts submitted to AMCAS are not forwarded to schools, therefore, accepted applicants must resend all completed transcripts to the Medical College of Georgia."

And it says that my transcript is missing underneath this. Does anybody know if we need to send them our transcripts if we have not been accepted? The way they phrased this makes it sound like we do not need to send our transcripts unless we are accepted, but they said that they are missing mine so it makes me wonder if I am supposed to send it.
It very much sounds like people who are accepted are required to send them in. I checked mine and it says missing as well, but thats because we haven't sent in a hard copy of our transcript.

February 11th!
Must've been one hell of an interview you gave to have heard back so soon after :). Congratulations to all those accepted - can't imagine how you're feeling right now. Good job guys. I interviewed in November, hoping to hear good news soon. Anyone hear from the admissions office about how many people have been accepted at this point? Also just to clarify, MCG doesn't do silent rejections right? We'll find out if we've been accepted, waitlisted, or rejected within the next two weeks?

507 MCAT 3.44 sGPA 3.57 cGPA 4.0 grad GPA
GA resident

I know that the waiting sucks but stay positive!

It very much sounds like people who are accepted are required to send them in. I checked mine and it says missing as well, but thats because we haven't sent in a hard copy of our transcript.

Okay, that's what I was thinking. I also found their FAQ section which says that you are required to send in the hard copy only if accepted or waitlisted. So I guess I'll hold off.

Must've been one hell of an interview you gave to have heard back so soon after :). Congratulations to all those accepted - can't imagine how you're feeling right now. Good job guys. I interviewed in November, hoping to hear good news soon. Anyone hear from the admissions office about how many people have been accepted at this point? Also just to clarify, MCG doesn't do silent rejections right? We'll find out if we've been accepted, waitlisted, or rejected within the next two weeks?

If you have interviewed, are they allowed to do a silent rejection? I've never heard of a school that did silent rejections to people who have interviewed. I just figured that they had to tell you one way or the other if you interviewed with them so that you knew where you stood with the school.

Just got rejected, I'm still completely baffled....

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

1/6/16 interview OOS. Still no word... loved the campus and the school. Really hoping to hear something positive.

Okay, that's what I was thinking. I also found their FAQ section which says that you are required to send in the hard copy only if accepted or waitlisted. So I guess I'll hold off.

If you have interviewed, are they allowed to do a silent rejection? I've never heard of a school that did silent rejections to people who have interviewed. I just figured that they had to tell you one way or the other if you interviewed with them so that you knew where you stood with the school.
No, I'm sure they'll let us know. I don't think they do silent rejections.

Interviewed 11/18, in-state, no word since then. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Interviewed September 23rd. I've never felt so impatient in my life. Also in state.

ACCEPTED!! IS. interviewed early feb. Super excited

For those accepted, did your status change on the portal in addition to receiving the email?

Accepted!! Omg!! Interviewed Jan12!! Found out today!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats to those that have been accepted! Interviewed here mid December and still haven't heard back, but trying to stay positive even though the waiting is frustrating.

Reactions: 5 users
Well, here's to hoping to get on the waitlist, and coming off of it at some point! ;)

So was this probably the last bunch of acceptances, and the rest of us can expect to either be rejected or waitlisted?

weeee accepted!! interviewed second week of february

So was this probably the last bunch of acceptances, and the rest of us can expect to either be rejected or waitlisted?
I know that they have to fill the class by March 15th. It doesn't even look like they've accepted 100 people yet, and their class size is 230.

I know that they have to fill the class by March 15th. It doesn't even look like they've accepted 100 people yet, and their class size is 230.

I'm hoping they accepted people today who interviewed the past few months, and they're going to do a last sweep through of all the applicants who have interviewed to fill the rest of the class before March 15th. Especially since I don't think they ever accepted anyone in February.
But who knows? Maybe there are just a ton of people who were accepted throughout the cycle that don't get on SDN to post.

Ok, that gives me hope! This is my top choice, hands down.

I just went back and I've counted 21 accepted so far (anxiety is getting the best of me). That doesn't include those who don't have an account, so I would say maybe they've accepted about 50-75 people. That still leaves a lot of room for us to get accepted!

I'm hoping they accepted people today who interviewed the past few months, and they're going to do a last sweep through of all the applicants who have interviewed to fill the rest of the class before March 15th. Especially since I don't think they ever accepted anyone in February.
But who knows? Maybe there are just a ton of people who were accepted throughout the cycle that don't get on SDN to post.
I think you're right. I believe they're going to go back to all the interview dates and fill up the class.

I think you're right. I believe they're going to go back to all the interview dates and fill up the class.

I really, really hope so!! I would call to ask if all spots have been filled, but I don't know that they would tell me. They haven't been very transparent when I've called in the past.

Hate to be a debbie downer, but I think we're overestimating how many applicants have an SDN account. I'd imagine they've probably accepted at least 180+ at this point. March 15 students have to decide, and most schools accept their anticipated incoming class at that point (i.e. 230). I can't imagine them accepting over 100 in the next week, or else we would've seen an explosion on previous year's threads, which I haven't seen. I believe waitlist emails will be sent in the next 2 weeks, which is what I'm hoping for!

I just went back and I've counted 21 accepted so far (anxiety is getting the best of me). That doesn't include those who don't have an account, so I would say maybe they've accepted about 50-75 people. That still leaves a lot of room for us to get accepted!
21 acceptances posted dating back to the beginning of the cycle? Seems so small.

Last edited:
Hate to be a debbie downer, but I think we're overestimating how many applicants have an SDN account. I'd imagine they've probably accepted at least 180+ at this point. March 15 students have to decide, and most schools accept their anticipated incoming class at that point (i.e. 230). I can't imagine them accepting over 100 in the next week, or else we would've seen an explosion on previous year's threads, which I haven't seen. I believe waitlist emails will be sent in the next 2 weeks, which is what I'm hoping for!

Yeah, I think they've probably accepted most of their class also, but it would be nice if they accepted more. I'm scared for the waitlist because I know that they have a good amount of waitlist movement. But I think they place most of the people they interviewed on the waitlist. Which, I'm guessing, is a lot of people for not a lot of spots.

So after looking at last year's thread, someone got accepted off the waitlist 3 days before orientation....:boom:

So after looking at last year's thread, someone got accepted off the waitlist 3 days before orientation....:boom:
It sucks but this happens at a lot of schools I've heard :/ I guess some people wait to withdraw until the very last second.

Pre-interview reject via email today.

Last edited:
Pretty bummed about not hearing anything yesterday. Interviewed on 2/22 so it would have been a quick turnaround. Hopefully I'll get some good news later.