2015-2016 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey. I just got accepted on Friday, and I have a bunch of friends there too. Any chance I can contact you directly. I'll be glad to answer any questions. Welcome to Atlanta :)

Definitely. You can PM me and I can PM my questions to you in a little bit. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I have an interview here next week and I wanted to know what it's like. I'm OOS, but my family just relocated to Atlanta, so I'm hoping to get some love. I'd love to hear your experience. Thanks and have a good one!

It was a really laid back day! You'll meet everyone first thing and get your packets and name tag. Then you'll go to a conference room and hear a welcome presentation and then you'll go to your first interview! My first interview was open file and lasted about 45 minutes. Then you'll go back to the admissions office and have lunch with med students and then they'll take you on a tour. Again, super laid back. You'll go back to admissions before going to your second interview. I think one of them is always closed file! It was a really fun and laid back day, you'll have a great time! The med students are the best people to answer your questions so I really loved that we got a chance to spend some time with them!

Hey. I just got accepted on Friday, and I have a bunch of friends there too. Any chance I can contact you directly. I'll be glad to answer any questions. Welcome to Atlanta :)
Hey, sorry if you posted this and I just didn't pay attention, but when did you interview? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how late MCG interviews? Starting to get worried one won't be coming my way :(

Has anyone already gotten their campus assignment? Also, is there a class of 2020 Facebook page yet?

Also, I remember being a little upset last cycle when I saw someone make a post on here about creating a Facebook group because I hadn't heard back yet. For everyone still waiting and wondering, best of luck to you all. I really hope you make it. Just keep your head up and keep doing what you're doing to make yourself a better applicant.

And hey, if you don't get accepted like I did last cycle, don't give up!!!!!! You might be the one starting the Facebook group the following year ;).

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed 12/01, IS

Interviewed 12/1 as well. Patiently waiting :whistle:. Congrats.
BTW, I think we talked about Anansi at lunch if I am not mistaken, haha. That is, if you are who I think you are.

Have any MD/PhD applicants heard back about acceptances yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Seconded^

Same thing here. If I remember correctly, my secondary application was complete in the first week of August and all of my other application info (letters, etc.) were received the same day, so I know they have everything they need.

MCAT 29, 3.7 GPA - at this point do you guys think I should give up on this cycle?

Same thing here. If I remember correctly, my secondary application was complete in the first week of August and all of my other application info (letters, etc.) were received the same day, so I know they have everything they need.

MCAT 29, 3.7 GPA - at this point do you guys think I should give up on this cycle?

I don't know if they plan to give out any more IIs. So good luck!
But I can tell you that I got my pre-II rejection last year on March 3rd so they're probably getting ready to send those out in the next month.

I don't know if they plan to give out any more IIs. So good luck!
But I can tell you that I got my pre-II rejection last year on March 3rd so they're probably getting ready to send those out in the next month.

That's what I figured! Guess they can only interview so many folks.

Good luck to all of you!

Reactions: 1 user
@ugagrad1116 Thank you so much! I've prayed so much for this and I'm sure you will soon! Hopefully I'll meet u this Fall!!! ;)

Hi everyone - anyone ever had any luck with Bonnie who answers the calls at the admissions office? I have never felt more unimportant in my life after asking her a few questions today. All I wanted was some basic information about meeting with an admissions counselor to improve my application for next cycle and was essentially rushed off of the phone and made to feel like I was wasting her time. I asked if I could speak to someone else as it appeared she may be busy, and she barked that the rest of the staff was at lunch and to call another day. I'm 100% certain this was not an accurate representation of the rest of the admissions staff, but wow.

Hi everyone - anyone ever had any luck with Bonnie who answers the calls at the admissions office? I have never felt more unimportant in my life after asking her a few questions today. All I wanted was some basic information about meeting with an admissions counselor to improve my application for next cycle and was essentially rushed off of the phone and made to feel like I was wasting her time. I asked if I could speak to someone else as it appeared she may be busy, and she barked that the rest of the staff was at lunch and to call another day. I'm 100% certain this was not an accurate representation of the rest of the admissions staff, but wow.

That is very weird! I met her in person during my interview day and she was the nicest person ever! Maybe she was just really busy!
I can tell you everyone was super nice and helpful, specially Dr Khan. He was super open to questions and super approachable

I called her a couple hours ago and she sounded very rushed to me too :/

That is very weird! I met her in person during my interview day and she was the nicest person ever! Maybe she was just really busy!
I can tell you everyone was super nice and helpful, specially Dr Khan. He was super open to questions and super approachable

I called her a couple hours ago and she sounded very rushed to me too :/

I'm glad to hear that she made a great impression in person, but this experience was pretty strange. I just wonder how many other applicants have called and had a similar experience. Not exactly the kind of thing that makes you want to keep calling to check on your application or ask questions about the school. Honestly made me feel like I was wrong to ask.

Interviewed 12/1 as well. Patiently waiting :whistle:. Congrats.
BTW, I think we talked about Anansi at lunch if I am not mistaken, haha. That is, if you are who I think you are.
No way DUDE, I remember you !!! It's interesting how you "found" me on here even though my username has nothing to do with my real name. Any success else where ?

No way DUDE, I remember you !!! It's interesting how you "found" me on here even though my username has nothing to do with my real name. Any success else where ?

Lol. "MansaNana" tipped me off. And no, this year I have interviewed only at MCG, which is fine by me, since that is where I really want to go anyway. My interviews went exceedingly well this time around, and so I am not sure if it is that fact or just intuition, but I can feel it in my bones that my email is on its way! :bow:

Lol. "MansaNana" tipped me off. And no, this year I have interviewed only at MCG, which is fine by me, since that is where I really want to go anyway. My interviews went exceedingly well this time around, and so I am not sure if it is that fact or just intuition, but I can feel it in my bones that my email is on its way! :bow:
I need to get creative with my username ha.
Dude, I really hope you get in. I did enjoy my interview there and I'm about 90% convinced I'll be going there. I hope you get in too so we finish our conversation!

Cheers

I realize this may have already been asked but does anyone know anything about when they will release more acceptances? When was the last batch of acceptances sent out?

Last batch was 1/29 so I would expect another round to come out on 2/26 since that's the last Friday in Feb.

Does anyone have any info about when we get our Pounce accounts/ campus assignment? They have my deposit check and my final transcript; I'm just so excited to find out!

Does anyone have any info about when we get our Pounce accounts/ campus assignment? They have my deposit check and my final transcript; I'm just so excited to find out!
When were you accepted? I got a bunch of emails about a week ago with my pounce account and other pre-matriculation info. No campus assignment yet though.

I was accepted on 1/29 and I got my pounce ID and email on 2/11 so just about 2 weeks after. I'm still waiting for my campus assignment though! Does anyone know if they've already assigned people and when they did?

When were you accepted? I got a bunch of emails about a week ago with my pounce account and other pre-matriculation info. No campus assignment yet though.

I got accepted 1/29 too. Hmm, I guess I'll give them a call. I don't want to miss any important info!

I got accepted 1/29 too. Hmm, I guess I'll give them a call. I don't want to miss any important info!

I've also received mine. Last week. I do not have campus assignment yet. Although on Pounce it has me listed under main campus. Not sure if everyone's says the same thing though.

Any accepted students totally committed to MCG or still on the fence?

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the next adcom meeting is?

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when the next adcom meeting is?
I think I saw someone say they estimated Feb 26 would be the February date when they release decisions.... but I haven't confirmed that with admissions office, so who knows

So I interviewed here and had a pretty tough first interview. Some pretty intense questions that I wasn't seeming to hit exactly right. Almost felt like an intentional 'stress' interview. Hopefully I'm surprised and hear back with an acceptance but man I left with a pretty bad feeling.

So I interviewed here and had a pretty tough first interview. Some pretty intense questions that I wasn't seeming to hit exactly right. Almost felt like an intentional 'stress' interview. Hopefully I'm surprised and hear back with an acceptance but man I left with a pretty bad feeling.

Had a similar experience with my MCG
interview. Left a really bad impression on me. Maybe we had the same interviewer.

I kinda wish they would just choose to either interview or reject already.

I read that they don't accept them after December 1st except updates for grades.

Yeah, found the same thing in a document dated 3-4 years ago. Can assume the same policy holds..was hoping for a...NEW POLICY: WE ACCEPT UPDATES NOW!!

Back to my bleak outlook. :shrug: