2015-2016 Albany Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
can someone point me to an academic calendar? i can't seem to find one for the MD program. please and thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Under consideration 2/5. Interviewed 1/28.

Reactions: 1 user
Out of curiosity, did anyway ever get anything in the mail after acceptance? I've recieved packets from other schools which is nice for organization but nothing from Albany.

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiosity, did anyway ever get anything in the mail after acceptance? I've recieved packets from other schools which is nice for organization but nothing from Albany.
I haven't received anything in the mail either

I haven't received anything in the mail either
When the time comes they will send you some stuff to sign, info on orientation day, etc. You will receive a more formal "packet" at your actual orientation, which they will walk through with you.

II today! So excited!! IS, LizzyM ~73, complete sometime in October. There were many dates available. I was losing hope after a slew of rejections this week alone and this has boosted my spirits immensely.

Reactions: 5 users
II today! had been losing hope but very excited now :) have been waiting since august!

Reactions: 2 users
II! first interview :) :) so happy and grateful.

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who have interviewed. What time would you say it would be safe to book a return flight from Albany?
Would 2:30PM out of Albany be cutting it to close?

Last edited:
II yesterday morning as well, not previously on hold. Are there any student host options available?

Joining this II party! I was on hold before. :D

I'm really hoping for a student hosting option. I've spent SO MUCH on interviews.

Reactions: 4 users

I'm really hoping for a student hosting option. I've spent SO MUCH on interviews.
wait that's awesome!!!! They're making moves on the hold list! Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 users

No student hosting programs here, sorry!

Is there a facebook page for accepted students?

Is there a facebook page for accepted students?
Your orientation leaders will set up a facebook group and invite all accepted students towards the end of the application season.

Withdrew my ii. All the best to those with upcoming interviews!

Accepted this morning! II late November!

Accepted 8:25 AM this morning!

Secondary submitted July 2015.
Interview January 28, 2016.
Under consideration status as of February 5, 2016.
Accepted as of February 17, 2016.

Come on Albany. Show me some interview love!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

II this month super excited!!

I interviewed in September and was accepted Monday as well - I got an email notification...

congrats! when did you interview if i may ask? :)
and are the acceptances through email or phone call?
Interviewed 12/10
Put under consideration 12/17
Accepted 2/17 via email

Hope that helps!

Did any of you who were accepted send any form of post interview update?

Thank you :)

Did any of you who were accepted send any form of post interview update?

Thank you :)
I did send them a short email just expressing my continued interest and briefly saying I was still participating in various endeavors on my application. I don't really think it helped to be honest, but it also didn't hurt apparently haha

I did send them a short email just expressing my continued interest and briefly saying I was still participating in various endeavors on my application. I don't really think it helped to be honest, but it also didn't hurt apparently haha
Thank you for replying :)

interviewed 12/4
UC: 12/17
Accepted: 2/17
OOS

This is the only school that I received an interview for and they accepted me :)

Reactions: 13 users
Has anyone on hold received an II yet?

I'm beyond nervous for this MMI...
All the rest of my interviews have been traditional.

It will go by faster than you think. After a station or two you should have the hang of it and it will be less stressful!

Has anyone on hold received an II yet?

Did they send you an email telling you you were on hold? I haven't received a single notification from the school...

Did they send you an email telling you you were on hold? I haven't received a single notification from the school...
Same.

Withdrew my acceptance today! Best of luck to you all!

MMI's are so much less stress-free than traditional interviews imo. They're actually fun! Don't worry about it too much just stay relaxed and be yourself :)

@Nigmizole @altrock So my AMCAS was completed in Nov and I didn't compelete my secondary until Dec ( my secondary app was in the spam bin for the entire month and I had no idea) I think my application was placed on hold so that Albany can look at the other applications they revieced earlier in the cycle. They recieve over 9000 applications every year, so they are pretty busy. If you completed your application earlier in the cycle I wouldn't worry too much. You'll hear back soon. Good luck!

It may have been mentioned before, but for anyone that has interviewed at AMC, can we take notes during the 2 mins we have to review the prompt? Hoping to be able to sketch a response before going into the room with the interviewer. Much appreciated!

It may have been mentioned before, but for anyone that has interviewed at AMC, can we take notes during the 2 mins we have to review the prompt? Hoping to be able to sketch a response before going into the room with the interviewer. Much appreciated!

No note-taking allowed.

Good luck!