2015-2016 Albany Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i didn't think they accepted any updates, but I could be wrong. I wouldn't know where to send one.
Yeah I know they don't accept updates, you're definitely right about that. I'm just not sure if this would qualify as an "update" haha

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I know they don't accept updates, you're definitely right about that. I'm just not sure if this would qualify as an "update" haha

It says on the status page they don't letters of interest/intent.

Any new acceptances/UC's? Wednesdays look like their "good news" days

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted a few days ago! Pretty excited.

I was surprised how fast the turn around was too.

Am I seriously going to have to download a new browser just to upload a picture to my Albany profile? Jeez

Reactions: 3 users
Received an II here yesterday as well!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Will be interviewing here soon! Just wondering if there's a place to store luggage and coats during the interviews, and whether the tours will ever go outside the college or medical center.

Will be interviewing here soon! Just wondering if there's a place to store luggage and coats during the interviews, and whether the tours will ever go outside the college or medical center.
yes and nope!

Can anyone comment on the time format of the MMI? How much time do they give you to read the prompt and then how much time do they give you to discuss/answer the prompt?

Just accepted off the waitlist!! First MD acceptance!! :soexcited::banana:

Reactions: 11 users
Update: accepted off the UC list today by e-mail! Interviewed early Oct, put on UC list 11/17, sent a LoI and fall '15 grade updates on 12/24, and then was accepted today! I'm so so so excited, I'm like 98% sure that I'll be heading to AMC in the Fall! Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Can anyone comment on the time format of the MMI? How much time do they give you to read the prompt and then how much time do they give you to discuss/answer the prompt?

AMC follows the standard MMI format. You'll have 2 minutes to read the prompt & gather your thoughts, and then 8 minutes to discuss the prompt w/ the interviewer. You're not expected to talk one-way at your interviewer for the whole 8 minutes, and they in fact prefer that you don't. Each mini interview is intended to be more like a conversation, and the interviewer will usually have a couple of follow-up questions for you. Oh, and note taking is not permitted during the MMI!

:)

I was accepted off of the under consideration list yesterday! This is also my first acceptance! :)

Reactions: 1 users
AMC follows the standard MMI format. You'll have 2 minutes to read the prompt & gather your thoughts, and then 8 minutes to discuss the prompt w/ the interviewer. You're not expected to talk one-way at your interviewer for the whole 8 minutes, and they in fact prefer that you don't. Each mini interview is intended to be more like a conversation, and the interviewer will usually have a couple of follow-up questions for you. Oh, and note taking is not permitted during the MMI!

:)
Thanks! Much appreciated.

anyone flying in to ALB tomorrow and want to split a cab to the hilton? they don't have a shuttle until 5p :/

Accepted! First one this cycle... Interviewed last week! Super excited.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if theres an AMC Class of 2020 Facebook page or not?

Accepted just now via email, submitted secondary 8/12/15, II on 12/2/15, and interviewed on 1/15/16.

Crazy fast turnaround!

Withdrawing my II from here, looks like a wonderful program, but too far from my hometown, and more expensive than my other options. Hope someone here gets it!

Accepted just now via email, submitted secondary 8/12/15, II on 12/2/15, and interviewed on 1/15/16.

Crazy fast turnaround!

Accepted! First one this cycle... Interviewed last week! Super excited.

Congrats!! These are very fast turnaround times. Did you feel you did amazing during the interviews, had really good stats, or both?

Congrats!! These are very fast turnaround times. Did you feel you did amazing during the interviews, had really good stats, or both?
Thanks! I think I had strongish stats (nothing crazy, but 513 MCAT and 3.75 for science and overall GPA), and I really do love the MMI format, I feel confident with it and their questions were very reasonable. I'm still surprised though, pretty sure they told us 3-4 weeks until we'd hear back.

I'm one of the people who believe that they invite you to interview because they like your stats already, and I believe my MMI went well, but I've nothing to compare it to since it was my first interview this cycle. All in all, it was great experience! Good luck to all those still in the running!

Withdrew my acceptance today - hope a spot opens up for one of you! :)

Reactions: 5 users
Got the UC email just now, interviewed 1/15

Also, I'm interviewing next week and I have a skirt-suit... Am I screwed? lol. I do have a large coat though.
Tights can be warm and professional. You're absolutely fine.

Does Albany send out acceptance packets via mail? :oops:

Interviewed back in mid-December and still haven't received an update on my status...anyone else?

Update: accepted off the UC list today by e-mail! Interviewed early Oct, put on UC list 11/17, sent a LoI and fall '15 grade updates on 12/24, and then was accepted today! I'm so so so excited, I'm like 98% sure that I'll be heading to AMC in the Fall! Good luck to everyone still in the running!
I thought the school wasn't receptive to post-II updates? Or are LOI's ok?

I thought the school wasn't receptive to post-II updates? Or are LOI's ok?
I originally emailed asking if it was okay to send grade updates, they said yes, and then I sent a LoI in the body of the email and my grades as an attachment. As far as I know, they didnt even read the LoI

Doing interview reviews.

Has a long history of producing great doctors, pretty mehhh research, I was shocked to hear about how they doubled the amount of interviews when switching to MMI (***tty post-acceptance average), Albany is pretty mehhh, students did not comment positively on takeout food options, very expensive.

Grade: C+

How long does Albany interview for? I'm still hanging in limbo...

I've been telling my friends that I was for sure going to get rejected after my interview at Albany. It just seemed like a really awkward experience for me and there were a lot of uncomfortable moments throughout my 8 interviews.. but I got the acceptance email this afternoon.