2015-2016 Albany Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm guessing because they were still filling spots in their class. My guess is that they want their class to stay static for a certain period of time and then once they hit that point they move from UC to waitlist.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

So you think they already have their class filled?? Because on the email it says that they are still trying to fill seats

Members don't see this ad.

So you think they already have their class filled?? Because on the email it says that they are still trying to fill seats

Well there can always be movement up until orientation starts on July 31st technically I believe. It looks like it has slowed a lot, though.

At this stage in the game (alternate list), do you guys know if the best way to send an update letter is through the admissions email? I'm thinking of sending one and also having one of my professors provide an updated reference letter. Should we both just email them separately to the AMC admissions email? Any advice/help is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got through to the admissions office. I guess they don't accept any updates :/

Well awesome.. I guess those seats have been filled and we are just hanging around

Well awesome.. I guess those seats have been filled and we are just hanging around

While it is concerning that it is so late in the cycle, I think there may still be spots open.

They just created the alternate list and gave us a period of time to respond. The first acceptance posted off the alt list was 8 days post invitation last year. It is possible that they have sent acceptances and give approx 3 days for response time. If this is the case, it could take a while to move through the list. I believe this is why they took our phone numbers for as the school year approaches.

Keep calm, and hope for the best, while preparing for the worst.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted off the waitlist after a very long wait...can anyone please tell me where I can go from here as to where I can read up on taking out loans, finding an apartment? I've never dealth with those things before. Thank you.

And best of luck to anyone else on the Waitlist!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted off the waitlist after a very long wait...can anyone please tell me where I can go from here as to where I can read up on taking out loans, finding an apartment? I've never dealth with those things before. Thank you.

Congrats!

Were you put on the alternate list first or just accepted off the UC?

First off, CONGRATS!!

The Facebook page (linked in a previous post) helps a lot, there's a ton of info on there, including a list of housing that's solely for medical students and all of the info about the particular apartments and the contact of the landlord. On the acceptance portal thing there is a link to financial aid info and they have a whole packet of information on their website about everything you need to know, it's ridiculously helpful. Also, once I accepted the offer a few days later I got a bunch of emails from financial aid telling me what steps I needed to take, etc.

One thing I will say is that make sure if they don't set you up with it, which they didn't for me, that you call student affairs and get on the Sakai site. It has a ton of information about class schedule, textbooks, and announcements about orientation.

I know it's overwhelming because I also was semi-recently taken off of the waitlist, but if you want, feel free to message me and I can tell you what I know because I just went through all of it in the past few weeks!

First off, CONGRATS!!

The Facebook page (linked in a previous post) helps a lot, there's a ton of info on there, including a list of housing that's solely for medical students and all of the info about the particular apartments and the contact of the landlord. On the acceptance portal thing there is a link to financial aid info and they have a whole packet of information on their website about everything you need to know, it's ridiculously helpful. Also, once I accepted the offer a few days later I got a bunch of emails from financial aid telling me what steps I needed to take, etc.

One thing I will say is that make sure if they don't set you up with it, which they didn't for me, that you call student affairs and get on the Sakai site. It has a ton of information about class schedule, textbooks, and announcements about orientation.

I know it's overwhelming because I also was semi-recently taken off of the waitlist, but if you want, feel free to message me and I can tell you what I know because I just went through all of it in the past few weeks!

Thank you very much! I will look into all that stuff. And congrats to you too :)

Congrats!

Were you put on the alternate list first or just accepted off the UC?

Ah yes, I was put in the alternate list first. And thanks :)

Congratulations! For those of us waiting to hear back and guessing where we might fall on this waitlist, do you mind sharing with us your stats, is/oos and clinical experience?

Let's all cross our fingers for big movement these next few weeks! It's that decision-making time with less than a month left. I hope to see more posts of acceptances this upcoming week from all of you other alternates out there!

Reactions: 1 users
Late post, but was accepted off of AR yesterday 7/12/2016. Email came at 9:52 AM
Some info about myself

GPA: 3.46
cGPA: 3.37
MCAT: 33
In-State
Interview: 12/17/2015
UC: 1/13/2016
AR: sometime early June

My first acceptance, really was not anticipating getting anything. Goes to show that even this late anything can happen! Don't give up!

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted this morning and will be accepting the spot! Total surprise.
cGPA 3.34, sGPA 3.4ish, decent mcat, two years of clinical research

Good luck everyone else!

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted this morning and will be accepting the spot! Total surprise.
cGPA 3.34, sGPA 3.4ish, decent mcat, two years of clinical research

Good luck everyone else!

Congrats and welcome!

Congratulations to all who were accepted this round! I have re-applied to AMC and hope to see the rest of you who were UC/AR in this year's thread, and then also hopefully many of us can join AMC for the following Fall

Reactions: 2 users