2014-2015 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey sorry but does anyone know if there is a forum for accepted students to figure out housing, roommates, financial aid, etc. ?? Thanks!
Hi! There is a facebook group for accepted students.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/907594299253125/
Also, I'm not sure if this is relevant, but check out second look day on April 11th. I've heard it's an overview of the curriculum and they will go over financial aid.

Members don't see this ad.

Where do we send official transcripts? Is it the 2900 Queen Lane address, or
DREXEL UNIVERSITY
PO BOX 34789
PHILADELPHIA PA 19101-4789

Would any current student be kind enough to post the drexel match list? Kay tankss :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I still have the "your file is complete and will be reviewed." lolol. It'll probably say the same thing when the next cycle begins.

Reactions: 1 user
Did they already ask for transcripts?
I had called them about the PA child abuse history form, and they mentioned transcripts should be in by matriculation. I forgot to ask which address to send it to, and now the office hours are over.

Does Drexel do pre-II rejections? Or are we stuck in purgatory?

Reactions: 4 users
Hi guys, would someone comment on the ability to leave a suitcase in the admissions office for the interview day?

Send it to the email that they gave you during your interview.

Edit. If you send it through the general one you'll get mixed in with the riff raff.
Could someone PM me the email for updates. All I have is [email protected], but I'm pretty sure that's the general one. Has anyone gotten confirmation that an update was received?

Waitlisted...did people here send back the letter or email them? Does anyone know if it is ranked and if many people fall off the list?

Waitlisted...did people here send back the letter or email them? Does anyone know if it is ranked and if many people fall off the list?

It is ranked but they said they won't disclose your location on the list. Not sure about updates. When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my II in February.

I am torn about sending a letter of intent, as my current lease is up in June. That means I would have to start looking for a place now. My city/places where I did get acceptances are nowhere near Philly. It's also complicated as I have a family and can't leave it up to chance if I make a commitment with a letter of intent, but then get in July/August. Does anyone know if waitlisted people are compared to future interviewers, or saved until the summer? I feel weird saying "I would definitely go, except after X month" because that would come off so wrong. Some advice would be greatly appreciated! Any current med students go through something similar?

I had my II in February.

I am torn about sending a letter of intent, as my current lease is up in June. That means I would have to start looking for a place now. My city/places where I did get acceptances are nowhere near Philly. It's also complicated as I have a family and can't leave it up to chance if I make a commitment with a letter of intent, but then get in July/August. Does anyone know if waitlisted people are compared to future interviewers, or saved until the summer? I feel weird saying "I would definitely go, except after X month" because that would come off so wrong. Some advice would be greatly appreciated! Any current med students go through something similar?

It sounds like you're stressed over living arrangements. Is that correct?

If so, always know that as a fallback, you can live in a hotel for the short term (like an Extended Stay). While not ideal, it is an option to keep in mind. You could also consider talking to your current landlord about a month-to-month arrangement where you give 30+ days advance notice that you're moving out, but continue paying rent and living there under your current lease rules.

Depending on where you go, in my experience, there's always an apartment or room available for someone who needs a roommate at the last minute. That's leaving a bit to chance, I know, but it's possible to make things work on short notice.

Good luck!

I called the admissions office about the waitlist. It starts moving in Early May and keeps moving until the first day of class. The admissions office does not provide any updates on your position on the waitlist, nor do they tell you how close you are to being admitted. There is a ranking system in place though but your position is confidential. If you do get accepted off of the waitlist the acceptance letter comes in the mail, if it is close to the first day of class they may call or email you instead.

I'm wondering the same thing. I'd like to see what the financial aid package is going to look like.

My decision has been with a member of the adcom for about 5 weeks. Should I call?

Late Feb. It will all depend on how long it took your interviewers to send in their reviews and how long it took your committee member.

Did anyone receive a confirmation for the second look day? I RSVP'd but no confirmation.

Withdrew post acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 1 users
My decision has been with a member of the adcom for about 5 weeks. Should I call?

Even if you call, they won't tell you your decision. They'll just say "we can't tell you until you get the letter". Drexel admissions lives in the stone age apparently.

Even if you call, they won't tell you your decision. They'll just say "we can't tell you until you get the letter". Drexel admissions lives in the stone age apparently.

I feel like the portal has so much potential. It was nice seeing where my evaluation was at any one point in time, but they should really link it to email and have some quality control for moving things along.

Just got "pre-interview hold until spring, etc" notification. I was told that Drexel will be interviewing through this month. Probably too late to seriously hope for anything though.

Just got "pre-interview hold until spring, etc" notification. I was told that Drexel will be interviewing through this month. Probably too late to seriously hope for anything though.

Did that status JUST appear for you?

Did that status JUST appear for you?
Well I've been checking the application portal every couple of weeks or so. So, at the most, my status probably changed a couple of weeks ago. It still seems pretty late either way. Sorry if my use of "just" was somewhat misleading. lol.

Well I've been checking the application portal every couple of weeks or so. So, at the most, my status probably changed a couple of weeks ago. It still seems pretty late either way. Sorry if my use of "just" was somewhat misleading. lol.

That's awful that it just appeared. Between that and 5 week decision letters that you must receive through mail and they won't communicate about, Drexel really needs a lesson on not stringing people out. I recommend trying to call drexel and get to the bottom of this so they can't string you out much longer.

does anyone know how to withdraw an acceptance? do i just send them an email and when is the deadline to withdraw? or do i need to send snail mail?
thanks!

does anyone know how to withdraw an acceptance? do i just send them an email and when is the deadline to withdraw? or do i need to send snail mail?
thanks!

Emailing them would probably be best, but sending them a letter via the insanely slow snail mail service they use would be hilarious. You could email them before and say you've sent them a decision letter, but you won't talk to them about it until they get the letter you mailed them :p.

Reactions: 7 users
Emailing them would probably be best, but sending them a letter via the insanely slow snail mail service they use would be hilarious. You could email them before and say you've sent them a decision letter, but you won't talk to them about it until they get the letter you mailed them :p.
:lol:

Reactions: 3 users
Just called. Was told interviews are over. Those of us placed on hold will be receiving a letter soon.

Reactions: 5 users
when does the waitlist start to move? i hope my spot goes to someone on it!

Nope. I've been waiting for it for months. I'd like to see what the financial aid is going to be like.

Recently withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 2 users
Do any current students happen to know how many applicants are typically on the waitlist, and historically what the waitlist movement has been like? In speaking with a couple of students personally I had heard that there is "significant" waitlist movement, but I'm sure that might vary from year to year. Thanks in advance :)

So I'm on hold (pre-II) and just called admissions. I was basically told that they will notify us when we are rejected or if we get an interview, at the end of April or beginning of May. She refused to tell me any more information but she did say that they recently went through the "hold" applications. I honestly just want to have an official rejection in hand so that I can move on! :/

Reactions: 3 users
interviewed late feb, no decisions yet. says under review in portal. usually take this long? are there still spots open?

So I'm on hold (pre-II) and just called admissions. I was basically told that they will notify us when we are rejected or if we get an interview, at the end of April or beginning of May. She refused to tell me any more information but she did say that they recently went through the "hold" applications. I honestly just want to have an official rejection in hand so that I can move on! :/

Hmm if you scroll a bit earlier in this thread someone mentioned that someone in admissions told them we would all be getting letter soon and they were done with interviews.

Hmm if you scroll a bit earlier in this thread someone mentioned that someone in admissions told them we would all be getting letter soon and they were done with interviews.
I'd like to believe that, but they did not confirm that when I called...

FYI: my friend emailed drexel and asked about the waitlist. they said, "if we do go to the waitlist it may begin around June/July and continue til August 7th when classes begin"

FYI: my friend emailed drexel and asked about the waitlist. they said, "if we do go to the waitlist it may begin around June/July and continue til August 7th when classes begin"

I called earlier in the week and they said movement can begin at anytime even as early as May. :( having a hard time as to what to believe