2021-2022 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No A’s reported this week??.. that’s odd, I wonder if that trend will continue through the rest of the committee reviews?
Radio silence on my end which is quite disappointing since I interviewed 3/9 and some students from mid-march have received their decisions. It looked like they usually sent out decisions by Wednesday but maybe Friday we'll here some updates

Members don't see this ad.

Radio silence on my end which is quite disappointing since I interviewed 3/9 and some students from mid-march have received their decisions. It looked like they usually sent out decisions by Wednesday but maybe Friday we'll here some updates
I also interviewed early March and was feeling hopeful when all the other March interviewees were hearing back, but so far it's been radio silence.

Reactions: 1 user
Can anybody refresh me on when the CTE deadline is for Drexel? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else kind of shocked they won't touch the WL for another 2 weeks at least. I wonder if this is strategic and how many people could be on the WL. It seems they decided to finish interview decisions first this year which isn't what they have done before.

Reactions: 1 users
anyone else kind of shocked they won't touch the WL for another 2 weeks at least. I wonder if this is strategic and how many people could be on the WL. It seems they decided to finish interview decisions first this year which isn't what they have done before.
yeah that’s wild.. also shocked that I have to press submit on next years application before I even hear back from my interview..

• Care
  • Hmm
Reactions: 6 users
Any As reported this week? Getting close to crunch time…

Reactions: 2 users
The DPMS students just received their acceptances. There might be A this week or next week

anyone send an email these past few weeks and not get a response?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just withdrew from here, hoping the new spot goes to one of y'all!<3

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wonder what they'll think when they receive this amcas primary before my interview decision

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Waitlisted about 15 minutes ago. Withdrawing - good luck everyone!

• Care
I *finally* heard back. I interviewed on 3/9 and was just placed on the waitlist. I'm sitting on an acceptance, but am fortunate to not be in a rush to make a decision. I will be grabbing a beer, a lawn chair, and accepting my position on the WL. Best wishes to those still waiting for their decisions!

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Also, am I allowed to accept this acceptance if I already have another acceptance to another school? I'm confused what the rules are now that it's June. I have two weeks to decide, right?
You have as long as Drexel says you have to decide. It’s not usually two weeks, it’s shorter, but you will have to ask Drexel. You are allowed to take the acceptance as long as you haven’t selected commit to enroll at another school.

Has anyone’s pre-matriculation tab been updated to reflect what they’ve sent in? If so, how long did it take?

Has anyone’s pre-matriculation tab been updated to reflect what they’ve sent in? If so, how long did it take?

It took about 1-2 weeks after I emailed them the documents for everything to be posted. The fingerprinting one took longer

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know the oldest MCAT Drexel accepts for the 2022-2023 cycle? Getting ready to submit my reapp and I’m finding conflicting information on MSAR and on their website.

MSAR says oldest MCAT accepted is September 2020 but on their website it says they accept mcats 3 years prior to the application year.

Does anyone know the oldest MCAT Drexel accepts for the 2022-2023 cycle? Getting ready to submit my reapp and I’m finding conflicting information on MSAR and on their website.

MSAR says oldest MCAT accepted is September 2020 but on their website it says they accept mcats 3 years prior to the application year.
I would go by what the website states. You could always email to verify though

I would go by what the website states. You could always email to verify though
I did but no response 🥲. Also calling them goes to voicemail. Thanks I’ll hope the website is the correct one cause if not my MCAT will be expired for them

I did but no response 🥲. Also calling them goes to voicemail. Thanks I’ll hope the website is the correct one cause if not my MCAT will be expired for them
This is directly from their website:

"MCAT scores are good for a period of three years. MCAT scores from 2019 are the oldest MCAT scores accepted for entry with the 2022 first-year class."

I am pretty sure MSAR is correct, and you are misinterpreting when the 3 years is measured from. You will be entering in 2023, which is your "application year," not 2022 simply because you are submitting an application now. 3 years from 2023 is 2020.

This is directly from their website:

"MCAT scores are good for a period of three years. MCAT scores from 2019 are the oldest MCAT scores accepted for entry with the 2022 first-year class."

I am pretty sure MSAR is correct, and you are misinterpreting when the 3 years is measured from. You will be entering in 2023, which is your "application year," not 2022 simply because you are submitting an application now. 3 years from 2023 is 2020.
I see schools making a distinction between application year and matriculation year. I thought application year would be the year you apply(2022) and matriculant year as the year you start class(2023).

I see schools making a distinction between application year and matriculation year. I thought application year would be the year you apply(2022) and matriculant year as the year you start class(2023).
I know. It's a point of constant confusion for everyone. But if you go into AMCAS, you will see that the application you are submitting is for the "2023 Application Cycle."

For them, the application year refers to when you will start school, not when you submit an application. They apparently think it's less confusing to not make a distinction, and keep everything the same, keyed to when classes begin, not to when you submit. Which actually makes sense, because some schools have final deadlines after 12/31!

This causes confusion every year when AAMC reports admissions statistics in October, because they always label it as the current year, and people always wonder how they can have stats in the beginning of a cycle, without realizing that the stats they will report in October for the "2022-23 academic year" will be for the people who applied in 2021 and entered in 2022. It's just how they do things.

Last edited:
I know. It's a point of constant confusion for everyone. But if you go into AMCAS, you will see that the application you are submitting is for the "2023 Application Cycle."

For them, the application year refers to when you will start school, not when you submit an application. They apparently think it's less confusing to not make a distinction, and keep everything the same, keyed to when classes begin, not to when you submit. Which actually makes sense, because some schools have final deadlines after 12/31!

This causes confusion every year when AAMC reports admissions statistics in October, because they always label it as the current year, and people always wonder how they can have stats in the beginning of a cycle, without realizing that the stats they will report in October for the "2022-23 academic year" will be for the people who applied in 2021 and entered in 2022. It's just how they do things.
Alright yeah I see what you’re saying. So going by their website “three years from application year” makes it 2020 as the oldest year. Is this implying that they’ll accept every MCAT score from 2020? MSAR specifically says September of 2020. I took my test Jan 18 of 2020 so this makes a difference for me. Again I can just ask them directly but there hasn’t been a response from them for over a week.

Alright yeah I see what you’re saying. So going by their website “three years from application year” makes it 2020 as the oldest year. Is this implying that they’ll accept every MCAT score from 2020? MSAR specifically says September of 2020. I took my test Jan 18 of 2020 so this makes a difference for me. Again I can just ask them directly but there hasn’t been a response from them for over a week.
Some schools will make the distinction that youre referring to, but Drexel does not appear to. For this specific school, it appears that as long as your test was taken in 2020 (any month), it will be accepted. This may not be the case for other programs. Let me know if my inpretation is incorrect. Best of luck in this application cycle!

Some schools will make the distinction that youre referring to, but Drexel does not appear to. For this specific school, it appears that as long as your test was taken in 2020 (any month), it will be accepted. This may not be the case for other programs. Let me know if my inpretation is incorrect. Best of luck in this application cycle!
My concern is that they make the distinction on MSAR by stating that the oldest MCAT they’ll take is from September of 2020. On the website they don’t make that distinction and implied they’ll accept all scores from 2020 so I’m not too sure which one to trust.

That's right. The website does imply they will accept any 2020 score, but MSAR specifically says September.

I'd go with the specific over the general. I'd also bail on Drexel if they really want September, since very few schools cut it off so recently.

Don't trust anything. You have at least a month before you need to make a decision. I wouldn't spend a dime submitting an application without knowing whether or not you'll need to retake the MCAT.

Given how they are still busy releasing decisions, if they can't be bothered to pick up the phone, respond to a voicemail, or answer an e-mail, maybe it's a sign to take your business elsewhere. After all, they are not the only mid-tier game. Not even in Philly! :)

anyone know when the next campus assignment lottery is? Accepted last week off of WL

Is there any reason one should choose Drexel over their in-state that has almost half the tuition cost? I like the city of Philadelphia a lot, but I just don't know if I can justify the cost. Would the research opportunities and other universities in Pennsylvania be a compelling reason on why it's worth the extra cost? (like being able to do research through schools like Penn for example)
Probably not. Research opportunities at Penn are unlikely to translate to residencies at Penn.

Drexel is a lower/mid-tier school, which is a fantastic alternative to an unranked MD or a DO school, but it really doesn't make sense to spend nearly twice as much to go there over any other MD program. The smartest thing to do is to look at match list outcomes and then ask yourself if they are enough better than your state school to justify the additional cost

I have one MD acceptance elsewhere with a June 15 CTE date quickly approaching, and am a little stressed about being on the WL here. Any suggestions or tips in this situation?

I have one MD acceptance elsewhere with a June 15 CTE date quickly approaching, and am a little stressed about being on the WL here. Any suggestions or tips in this situation?

i am also wondering this and would appreciate any feedback!!

You might not want to hear this, but the tip is to be very thankful that you have a MD A that you have to CTE to, and that your alternatives are not DO or reapplication.

As you have seen, Drexel is slow af. They very recently started pulling from their WL, and seem to have just finished up giving everyone a decision. It really is inexcusable and unreasonable for it to have taken this long, and now here you are.

6/15 is not an unreasonably early deadline for the other school. Most schools' CTE deadline will be in the next month or so.

Really nothing to do but be happy with the one that loves you. If you REALLY want Drexel, just wait until the bitter end before withdrawing. Also, keep in mind that unless you get the call from Drexel in the next few days, it is highly unlikely that you will have fin aid information from Drexel before you will be required to CTE. Getting a CTE extension from the other school under these circumstances will probably be off the table. The other school is not going to be willing to cool its heels in the middle of June while you wait for Drexel and it needs to finalize its class.

Reactions: 3 users
You might not want to hear this, but the tip is to be very thankful that you have a MD A that you have to CTE to, and that your alternatives are not DO or reapplication.

As you have seen, Drexel is slow af. They very recently started pulling from their WL, and seem to have just finished up giving everyone a decision. It really is inexcusable and unreasonable for it to have taken this long, and now here you are.

6/15 is not an unreasonably early deadline for the other school. Most schools' CTE deadline will be in the next month or so.

Really nothing to do but be happy with the one that loves you. If you REALLY want Drexel, just wait until the bitter end before withdrawing. Also, keep in mind that unless you get the call from Drexel in the next few days, it is highly unlikely that you will have fin aid information from Drexel before you will be required to CTE. Getting a CTE extension from the other school under these circumstances will probably be off the table. The other school is not going to be willing to cool its heels in the middle of June while you wait for Drexel and it needs to finalize its class.
Definitely don't want to sound unappreciative for the record - this is my third cycle applying and my first acceptance of any kind. Appreciate the perspective though, thank you.