2019-2020 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone else in the accepted to DO but waitlisted at Drexel gang? Just wondering how you guys were dealing with signing leases and getting ready for the school you’ve been accepted to, but still thinking about that small possibility of being accepted at Drexel
I am. Thankfully I live an hour away from the school I was accepted to so I'm going to wait till 07/20 to finally sign a lease. On that date I will also withdraw my waitlist position at drexel if I dont get in :/

My recommendation is to talk to the landlord and ask to pay extra rent on a month to month basis until you've confirmed you're staying or leaving.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am. Thankfully I live an hour away from the school I was accepted to so I'm going to wait till 07/20 to finally sign a lease. On that date I will also withdraw my waitlist position at drexel if I dont get in :/

My recommendation is to talk to the landlord and ask to pay extra rent on a month to month basis until you've confirmed you're staying or leaving.
Great thanks for this advice! It’s a stressful position to be in, although grateful to be accepted somewhere. I will talk to the landlord and ask about that

It will be interesting to see how many As they give out this year to fill their class.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi prospective & future Dragon fam, I am a rising M2 at DUCOM. I haven't been on SDN in over a year (lol I needed a break from this place) but wanted to check in since these few months have been an especially stressful time. Quick background I was a three-time applicant, chose Drexel over other MD/DO schools, and am pretty involved at Drexel so I am more than happy to answer any questions both on the forum and over personal messages.

Nonetheless I also just wanted to say GOOD LUCK to everyone, CONGRATS to everyone accepted, and IT WILL ALL WORK OUT. Everyone has their own timeline. You are very much on time and on track to reach success. Keep your head up and keep working hard!

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Hi prospective & future Dragon fam, I am a rising M2 at DUCOM. I haven't been on SDN in over a year (lol I needed a break from this place) but wanted to check in since these few months have been an especially stressful time. Quick background I was a three-time applicant, chose Drexel over other MD/DO schools, and am pretty involved at Drexel so I am more than happy to answer any questions both on the forum and over personal messages.

Nonetheless I also just wanted to say GOOD LUCK to everyone, CONGRATS to everyone accepted, and IT WILL ALL WORK OUT. Everyone has their own timeline. You are very much on time and on track to reach success. Keep your head up and keep working hard!

what is the reason that they do not share their waitlist positions?

• Hmm
Longtime lurker here - I withdrew my Waitlist position today. Hang in there everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
what is the reason that they do not share their waitlist positions?

I can't give much reason for the madness; I just know that even IF they did disclose your ranking, it would almost be a false sense of hope/despair.

I say this because I'm very familiar with the process of how EVMS selects its candidates. They will tell you if you are in the upper, middle, or bottom third of their waitlist. But it doesn't matter where you are honestly, because when an accepted individual withdraws their position, the school will turn to the person on the waitlist who "most closely resembles" that individual in background, experiences, etc.

I can't speak to whether Drexel operates similarly (and I know some schools will just pick waitlisted individuals in numerical order) but I feel that that is why a good number of med schools do not disclose your position on the waitlist. There's no rhyme or reason to it :/

Reactions: 2 users
I can't give much reason for the madness; I just know that even IF they did disclose your ranking, it would almost be a false sense of hope/despair.

I say this because I'm very familiar with the process of how EVMS selects its candidates. They will tell you if you are in the upper, middle, or bottom third of their waitlist. But it doesn't matter where you are honestly, because when an accepted individual withdraws their position, the school will turn to the person on the waitlist who "most closely resembles" that individual in background, experiences, etc.

I can't speak to whether Drexel operates similarly (and I know some schools will just pick waitlisted individuals in numerical order) but I feel that that is why a good number of med schools do not disclose your position on the waitlist. There's no rhyme or reason to it :/
Idk if it still the same, but Jefferson doesnt rank their WL at all. (Idk if that is the case now though)

Has DUCOM announced whether the fall semester will be primarily remote or a mix of in-person and remote?

Damn nothing in over 2 weeks :/

im with ya :/. i’d imagine not many more As will go out. then again, maybe they are still sending them out but it’s not from people that are on here.

in terms of reapplying, do you guys think it’s a good idea to reapply to a school that interviewed you or is it not because they got to really see and evaluate you and chose not to accept you?

i’ll prob still reapply here regardless because i liked it a lot, but i’m curious what other’s thoughts are.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely reapply where you were interviewed! If you were interviewed and not outright rejected it means theyd accept you if they could, unfortunately it's sometimes just a numbers game and a sprinkle of luck.

yeah i’m on the WL and good point true.

Is the CTE deadline 11:59pm on Wednesday, July 15th?

I'm ready and excited to commit to Drexel but still on the WL at a much cheaper state school and want to hold out as long as I can.

The email says "no later than July 15th," so I'd suggest committing before the end of business hours on July 14th just to be safe.

Recently withdrew my acceptance from DUCOM as I was accepted off another waitlist, it was such a hard decision cause I loved this school and the people there! I hope it goes to someone!! Hang in there, still movement going on

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Accepted to my top choice last minute. Just withdrew my A. Hope it goes to one of you!!!

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Last year, the last person to report getting off the waitlist was on 07/15. Does anyone feel like it's over :/ lol

Last year, the last person to report getting off the waitlist was on 07/15. Does anyone feel like it's over :/ lol
I was about to call to find out if it’s done? Tommorow is Friday. Also there def are spots open still considering a good amount of withdrawals and Drexel likes to have a big class maxed out

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and they said they’ll keep giving out A’s until the start of classes! Also a couple of people have posted they’re withdrawing...I’m preparing my new apps but not giving up hope at the same time lol

this thread shrunk by one whole comment page ! :D

Last edited:
I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and they said they’ll keep giving out A’s until the start of classes! Also a couple of people have posted they’re withdrawing...I’m preparing my new apps but not giving up hope at the same time lol
I know historically their waitlist is one of the most dynamic so keep holding onto hope, there’s a good chance for everyone to be honest

Reactions: 3 users
I was on the WL and I reapplied for this upcoming cycle..
Once I got the secondary, current WL portal is now gone and I got a new 2021 cycle secondary.

Do you guys think I was taken off of waitlist???

Emailed Adcom on Thursday but haven't heard back yet..

Once I got the secondary, current WL portal is now gone and I got a new 2021 cycle secondary.

Same boat, I called and they said that we are still on the waitlist and that it is not an issue

Reactions: 2 users

are the questions any different ? did they add anything about covid and its effect on your life bla ?

I just found this while packing for medical school. Drexel gave everone a shirt at the interview that I attended last September. It is brand new and hasn't been worn. I will not be wearing it as I am attending another school. It's a medium and it is yours for free if you want it. DM me and I will ship it to you. Otherwise, it will be donated to the Salvation Army.
Can I get it?

Withdrew from the waitlist today since I got an acceptance at another med school recently. Good luck to the rest of you!

Reactions: 5 users
anyone from the waitlist has heard anything ?

Last edited:
I wonder if they'll give some waitlist A's out tomorrow or if they have just been giving them out to people who don't post on here

I called admissions yesterday to ask if they were sending out notifications on particular days and they said it's purely on a rolling basis when accepted students withdraw

Does anyone know the date when the waitlist closes?

I called admissions yesterday to ask if they were sending out notifications on particular days and they said it's purely on a rolling basis when accepted students withdraw
which number did you call ? their phone goes straight into voice mail for the past couple of months.

which number did you call ? their phone goes straight into voice mail for the past couple of months.

Yeah, when it went to voicemail I called the phone number of the admissions representative who facilitated my interview day - his direct line was in his email signature

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist this last week? Still patiently waiting and praying, but know that school starts in a week.