2014-2015 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone gotten a private loan yet? Do I need to still fill out a FAFSA form for that? Thanks!

Do you mean a Grad PLUS loan? I'm still waiting for that too.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure if it's the grad plus loan - did the deadline for that already pass? I know that I never qualify for federal student aid, so I thought the only thing for which I *could* qualify was a "private student loan".

Seems like the deadline already passed; Drexel Med's website said the FAFSA must be submitted by 5/1.

How should we address our transcripts when submitting them to the office of the registrar?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I'm applying this cycle and have a question. I'll call tomorrow, but they mention research mentors not counting as a letter requirement. Does this still apply if I did research for credit and my PI is a professor at my school?

Has anyone received any notifications about scholarships or their PLUS loans? I see they've run the credit inquiry on my credit report, but no loan notification or new accounts yet. Also, has anyone received their notice to complete an MPN for any of their loans yet?

I'm so confused about loans... I see the Perkins and Direct Loans on my Drexel page, but I don't see anything about PLUS loans. Are we supposed to have applied for the PLUS loans already? Or is Drexel supposed to send us information regarding applying for that?

I'm so confused about loans... I see the Perkins and Direct Loans on my Drexel page, but I don't see anything about PLUS loans. Are we supposed to have applied for the PLUS loans already? Or is Drexel supposed to send us information regarding applying for that?

You're supposed to apply for them. I applied for a PLUS loan in beginning of June.

Thanks MrLogan.

I realize I could wait until tomorrow to call them, but would someone be able to tell me when transcripts and the first payment of tuition are due?

I think transcripts are due before we start. You might as well order them now.

status changed from "thank you for confirming waitlist" to "decision made". Hope its the same as tyjam!!

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone else unable to check their status anymore?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else unable to check their status anymore?
Yeah, it only shows the login page for the 2015-2016 cycle right now; however, it seems to work for me when I login using the banner.drexel.edu page rather than the "webcampus.drexelmed.edu/admissions/MyApplication/" page. Just type in banner.drexel.edu in your browser's address bar, and it should show you the full url for the second login page where you can check your status. I can pm you the full login url if for whatever reason your browser does not show you the full url for the banner page.

That being said, I am not entirely sure if DUCOM's adcom will use that page from this point forward to update those of us who are still eagerly waiting for some positive news. I think that they might pull people off the waitlist over the phone now. I suppose we just have to hang in there hoping for the best.

Yeah, it only shows the login page for the 2015-2016 cycle right now; however, it seems to work for me when I login using the banner.drexel.edu page rather than the "webcampus.drexelmed.edu/admissions/MyApplication/" page. Just type in banner.drexel.edu in your browser's address bar, and it should show you the full url for the second login page where you can check your status. I can pm you the full login url if for whatever reason your browser does not show you the full url for the banner page.

That being said, I am not entirely sure if DUCOM's adcom will use that page from this point forward to update those of us who are still eagerly waiting for some positive news. I think that they might pull people off the waitlist over the phone now. I suppose we just have to hang in there hoping for the best.

Haha funny thing is that I actually just tried that and it worked. I figured its that time of summer now where they'll probably resort to more direct methods of contact like email or phone. I guess the waiting game continues. Fingers crossed for those of us still waiting on DUCOM!

Reactions: 2 users
does status change only when accepted off the waitlist?

Has anyone received any information about their Grad PLUS loans yet? August is approaching fast and I am getting anxious about having my student loans in place. lol

Accepted off the waitlist today! Received a letter via UPS Express dated yesterday. There was no online status change when I last checked on Monday.

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted off the waitlist today! Received a letter via UPS Express dated yesterday. There was no online status change when I last checked on Monday.
Congratulations TheDuke215! If it wouldn't be too much trouble, then can you please check the banner login to see if your status updated there as well? Thanks and best wishes!

Congratulations TheDuke215! If it wouldn't be too much trouble, then can you please check the banner login to see if your status updated there as well? Thanks and best wishes!

The "view my decision" status says: "The Admissions Committee has reached a decision on your application. A letter will be mailed to your preferred address."

Reactions: 1 users
The "view my decision" status says: "The Admissions Committee has reached a decision on your application. A letter will be mailed to your preferred address."
Hi there! I tried the suggested alternative URL above, and no dice. What are you using to check? Thank you!

JUST GOT ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Has anyone received a final "no." I see the portal is no longer useful. Just curious.

Reactions: 1 users
wanted to know if anyone had information on the summer biochemistry makeup course PLS PM me thanks