2019-2020 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Secondary prompt:

1. If you are a recent graduate, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation. You may answer "Not applicable". (no character limit listed).
  2. (Optional) What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? Please use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application. (200 words)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Drexel University

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

Drexel's main hospital is closing, cant imagine what the current students and residents are going through right now!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Drexel's main hospital is closing, cant imagine what the current students and residents are going through right now!
My friend goes here and the Dean sent out an email stating that they are affiliated with 20 hospitals, but that can't help that their biggest is closing. Wonder what this will mean for the future!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My friend goes here and the Dean sent out an email stating that they are affiliated with 20 hospitals, but that can't help that their biggest is closing. Wonder what this will mean for the future!
Yeah my friend is an MS4 and he said don't apply :/

• Sad
Secondary received!

Here are the prompts:
  1. If you are a recent graduate, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation. You may answer "Not applicable". (no character limit listed)
  2. (Optional) What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? Please use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application. (200 words)
@PapaGuava

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Secondary received!

Here are the prompts:
  1. If you are a recent graduate, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation. You may answer "Not applicable". (no character limit listed)
  2. (Optional) What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? Please use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application. (200 characters)
@PapaGuava
Just confirming, is that 2nd one 200 words or characters?

I wonder if Hahnemann closing will lower avg stats at Drexel

I wonder if Hahnemann closing will lower avg stats at Drexel
good question. Def not my first choice/not sure I'll even submit the secondary after hearing from my friends there

good question. Def not my first choice/not sure I'll even submit the secondary after hearing from my friends there
totally agree, I have usually heard bad things, however, I'm hesitant to think that way because the minority speaks louder than the majority

based on how the optional prompt is worded, a why Drexel is probably inappropriate correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not really been answering "Optional" essays but I'm torn on if to answer this one.
#1 is actually kind of my why you question - what I've been doing since graduation is my entire selling point.
Feels weird to just answer 1 essay question on a secondary app that has like 15 million other questions.

I'll be checking other year's threads

Anyone else's letters of rec and mcat marked "not submitted?"

Does anybody else still not have this secondary?

Just received a secondary couple minutes ago, OOS.
Still unsure whether or not I'm going to complete it

Just got a secondary, verified 6/4

When I try to write the optional essay and copy paste I can't get it to not be bold. Is anybody else having this problem?

When I try to write the optional essay and copy paste I can't get it to not be bold. Is anybody else having this problem?
I'm having the same issue. I think I'm just going to submit it anyway.

I'm having the same issue. I think I'm just going to submit it anyway.
I just submitted it anyway. Hopefully they know I wasn't trying to scream my why Drexel essay to them

If I have a composite letter (not necessarily a committee letter) from my pre-health committee should I select Compilation letters from School Letter Service or Preprofessional Committee Letter? The “school letter service” is confusing me

For the question about if your education has been continuous and if not to describe what you did during breaks...it says that if you DID take time off to answer "yes" and describe in the drop-down box. But when you answer "no" the drop down menu pops up sooooo what did you guys do for this lol

Secondary received! OOS, verified 6/13.

For the question about if your education has been continuous and if not to describe what you did during breaks...it says that if you DID take time off to answer "yes" and describe in the drop-down box. But when you answer "no" the drop down menu pops up sooooo what did you guys do for this lol
I answered yes because the first sentence is "Has your education to date been continuous where continuous includes normal breaks during college." and the answer to that is yes, and there is no drop down that way. The second sentence is probably written incorrectly imo.

Reactions: 5 users
So I submitted my secondary but it says that the application is incomplete. Am I required to upload a cv/resume?

So I submitted my secondary but it says that the application is incomplete. Am I required to upload a cv/resume?
I have the same thing, I wonder if it's just since it's a holiday? It says complete under "Application Submitted" but by "Application Complete" it says "Not Submitted." I have everything else done, it might just be taking a second to register.

I have the same thing, I wonder if it's just since it's a holiday? It says complete under "Application Submitted" but by "Application Complete" it says "Not Submitted." I have everything else done, it might just be taking a second to register.

I thought of that as a possibility too. Question for you: AMCAS uploaded all 6 of my letters to thee secondary portal, but they say not send more than 4... what do I do now?

I thought of that as a possibility too. Question for you: AMCAS uploaded all 6 of my letters to thee secondary portal, but they say not send more than 4... what do I do now?
You might be able to contact the school...it's probably too late for AMCAS to do anything about it. The admissions office might be willing to disregard two of the letters according to your preference. Otherwise I've seen other schools be like "if you send us more we're just going to randomly choose the ones we read" which maybe isn't great but also might not be the end of the world.

Are any of you guys not applying to this school because the recent closing of the main teaching hospital?

For those that are still applying, may I ask if you know something I dont lol because I have it fully filled out but unsure if I want to apply due to the recent closing and how it can negatively affect students and even may place us in Reading, PA for all 4 years? Just want to make sure I’m making an educated decision.

Are any of you guys not applying to this school because the recent closing of the main teaching hospital?

For those that are still applying, may I ask if you know something I dont lol because I have it fully filled out but unsure if I want to apply due to the recent closing and how it can negatively affect students and even may place us in Reading, PA for all 4 years? Just want to make sure I’m making an educated decision.

In the same boat, not sure whether to hit submit or not.

md/phd applicant,
verified 6/4, secondary received 7/2

The school gave us stats and about 30% of students do a rotation at Hahnemann a block during third year.

The school gave us stats and about 30% of students do a rotation at Hahnemann a block during third year.

So basically it doesn’t make a huge difference for students? Mainly just screws residents/fellows?

So basically it doesn’t make a huge difference for students? Mainly just screws residents/fellows?

For the most part. Students who had scheduled rotations at Hahnemann do need to be moved to other sites, though

I disagree

"I would be fairly hesitant with going to Drexel if you have other options. Losing the only major teaching hospital is an extremely severe blow to a medical school, this is the stuff that knocks your med school down to nearly the bottom of the tier list when it comes time to apply to residencies, which trust me, will matter, even if it doesn't seem like it now.
Imagine if you were applying to even a moderately competitive residency, program directors look at your application and knew that every rotation was done at a community hospital with possibly questionable exposure to management of conditions you should know about." ()

Reactions: 5 users
You might be able to contact the school...it's probably too late for AMCAS to do anything about it. The admissions office might be willing to disregard two of the letters according to your preference. Otherwise I've seen other schools be like "if you send us more we're just going to randomly choose the ones we read" which maybe isn't great but also might not be the end of the world.
I hope they will negotiate the letters they choose - given that MSAR states that they accept up to 7 LORs.
Yeah that’s why I sent them

I emailed them about it. Auto reply says they'll get back to me in 5-7 days. I was confused too since MSAR and their website FAQ say additional letters are accepted. I sent 5 letters