2014-2015 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know if Drexel prefers receiving letters of interest rather than letters of intent? I called and asked if either were acceptable, but got the vague answer of "whatever you send in will be added to your file". merp.

I always thought letters of interest were for pre-II updates. No one cares that you're interested in them. If you're waitlisted, that shows interest. If you really want to go there, tell them that or move along.

Members don't see this ad.

I always thought letters of interest were for pre-II updates. No one cares that you're interested in them. If you're waitlisted, that shows interest. If you really want to go there, tell them that or move along.

I agree! I'm only asking because sometimes schools prefer that you don't send letters of intent, so I want to be respectful of their preferences. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know if Drexel prefers receiving letters of interest rather than letters of intent? I called and asked if either were acceptable, but got the vague answer of "whatever you send in will be added to your file". merp.

Also curious as to whether they'll accept a letter of intent and who to send to. Any info is appreciated!

After getting into my top choice today off the wait list, I will be withdrawing my application from Drexel's wait list. Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 6 users
Is anyone able to see their financial aid and cost of attendance information online? When I login and click on the financial aid link it takes me to academic year 14-15 with no drop down for 15-16.

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone able to see their financial aid and cost of attendance information online? When I login and click on the financial aid link it takes me to academic year 14-15 with no drop down for 15-16.
Me too.

After getting into my top choice today off the wait list, I will be withdrawing my application from Drexel's wait list. Best of luck to you all!
How did u withdraw...did u call them? Email them?

Just received the 'a decision has been made' status. Interviewed 4/1. Keeping my fingers crossed for another week or so

My application has been under review by a member of the committee since February... Not sure if I should call

Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrew my spot and emailed admissions 3 days ago but they never replied. Should I assume they have received it?

I withdrew my spot and emailed admissions 3 days ago but they never replied. Should I assume they have received it?

Use the portal to check; that's what I had to do after sending an email and not getting a confirmation.

I haven't even received any financial aid letter yet...m worried as I have withdrawn from other schools now ...Is there anyone else who hasn't recieved any financial aid letter yet?

Anyone know when transcripts are due for matriculating students?

Anyone know when transcripts are due for matriculating students?
I already sent mine in. I imagine it's due before orientation. But sending transcripts is pretty easy, you might as well do it now.

I already sent mine in. I imagine it's due before orientation. But sending transcripts is pretty easy, you might as well do it now.

Ah, okay. I was just wondering if they had to show your degree is complete already. My masters won't post until maybe late July or August.

Ah, okay. I was just wondering if they had to show your degree is complete already. My masters won't post until maybe late July or August.

Ah it didn't occur to me that you were in a Master's program. I graduated last year so my transcripts are final haha.

Ah it didn't occur to me that you were in a Master's program. I graduated last year so my transcripts are final haha.

Haha...yeah. I'm going to shoot them an email tomorrow. I wonder if it'll be a big deal.

Anybody have an idea when waitlist movement will start?

Is there a way to view financial aid info online? When I go on the one.drexel.edu site and click the finaid tab, it just gives me an error message. Is there any other way to view it? Thanks!

i interviewed march 24th. have people who interviewed around then already heard back?
I interviewed on March 11 and havent heard back but seeing previous posts, someone here who interviewed on april 1 got a decision. They go out of order to make decisions

Received an acceptance letter today! Woohoo!

Reactions: 5 users
Received an acceptance letter today! Woohoo!
Congrats!!! about how long has it been since your status changed to "under review..."? I interviewed about 2 weeks before yours and still haven't heard anything

Curious. Does the school have a deadline by which they have to give us a decision? I've heard something along these lines from a few people but I am not sure of the legitimacy of such a claim.

Withdrew my acceptance. I hope someone gets my scholarship!! Good luck to everyone still waiting

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my acceptance. I hope someone gets my scholarship!! Good luck to everyone still waiting
How much was the scholarship? Just wondering, because I thought they didn't give out scholarships until they got our "scholarship application", for which the deadline has not yet passed.

How much was the scholarship? Just wondering, because I thought they didn't give out scholarships until they got our "scholarship application", for which the deadline has not yet passed.

I received a merit scholarship from them after I did the application. About half of tuition for all 4 years. So hard to give up but I was accepted to my top choice school

Reactions: 2 users
I received a merit scholarship from them after I did the application. About half of tuition for all 4 years. So hard to give up but I was accepted to my top choice school

Man, that's awesome. How long did it take for you to hear back after submitting the scholarship application?

And congrats on getting into your top choice!

Man, that's awesome. How long did it take for you to hear back after submitting the scholarship application?

And congrats on getting into your top choice!

Not sure exactly. Did the application after second look and heard after about a week or so

The committee has reached a decision! Interviewed March 23rd. Live 2 miles from the school. Can anyone from the area tell me how long their letter took?

The committee has reached a decision! Interviewed March 23rd. Live 2 miles from the school. Can anyone from the area tell me how long their letter took?
You can try calling them to ask if you can pick it up. I live a few blocks away and when I asked they just said to let us know when your status changes and they'll hold it. I interviewed March 11 and still haven't seen the status change. In previous posts, it seems to be 7-10 days to receive the decision by mail after the status change.

Is anyone able to see their financial aid info on their website yet? It's still only listing 2014-2015 in the drop down menu.

You can try calling them to ask if you can pick it up. I live a few blocks away and when I asked they just said to let us know when your status changes and they'll hold it. I interviewed March 11 and still haven't seen the status change. In previous posts, it seems to be 7-10 days to receive the decision by mail after the status change.
Great! Thank you. It worked I can go pick it up this week!

Is anyone able to see their financial aid info on their website yet? It's still only listing 2014-2015 in the drop down menu.
+1. Something new popped up today that asked me to confirm my enrollment information, address, and emergency contact numbers, but right after I filled that stuff out it went back to the same page with only 2014-2015 information with no option for 2015-2016.... I really hope they post it soon.

I wish I knew that, I live close by and still waiting on the mail... Status changed May 1st! This wait is killing me. Might call tomorrow if it still doesn't come.

I wish I knew that, I live close by and still waiting on the mail... Status changed May 1st! This wait is killing me. Might call tomorrow if it still doesn't come.
From speaking with them it seems that once the status changes they still have to print, approve and sign the letter and depending on schedules that takes a few days and then it hits the mail explaining the 7-10 days

Anyone able to view financial aid info online yet?

you did not fill out the scholarship application? That half ride was based on your undergrad stats not need? If based on stats what was your mcat and GPA just curious. Congrats on your top choice.

I just called the admissions office right now to ask about the waitlist movement, and I was informed by some lady that it has already begun. Fingers crossed! :help: