2013-2014 University of California - Los Angeles (Geffen) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I just called the office and the lady said that at this point it'll most likely be mailed waitlist letters... :( Oh well, guess it's time to move on! *sigh* Now we can say we have the patience of saints haha :p

Members don't see this ad.

"decision sent 6/16" with no accepted checklist. well i guees that's that

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if they still send acceptance letters without changing the status online. Hopeful thinking!

Reactions: 1 user
However, it should be noted that in the past there has been some waitlist movement.

And rejections are out. Off to the Caribbeans for me.

I'm sorry to hear that. :( Was the rejection by email, mail, or status update?

Well the appstatus was changed first and I was notified of a letter sent yesterday, but then I got an email in the middle of the night about the rejection.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected.

Expected that. I'll be attending USC, so I'll see you UCLA peeps around I'm sure!

Enjoy westwood! But be sure to get out once in a while especially if you are an LA transplant. The city has so much more to offer

Also received a rejection email. I'm gonna consider it a rejection from the Drew program as well. Oh well SoCal, its been real but we all know that NorCal is best Cal anyway. Off to Davis I go! :D

Also received a rejection email. I'm gonna consider it a rejection from the Drew program as well. Oh well SoCal, its been real but we all know that NorCal is best Cal anyway. Off to Davis I go! :D

Me too! NorCal represent *high five* haha :p

sorry to hear about all the rejections :(

does that mean the rest of us status-less folks are waitlisted...........?

I really wish DGSOM would make some sort of contact. Haven't heard a peep since I interviewed. It would be nice to finally have total closure on this application cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm with ya man... the sad thing is that as frustrating as this is, we'd still come running for an acceptance lol.

Has anyone called recently?

One thing I wanted to mention to incoming students is don't worry when you read that "parking in Weyburn is not guaranteed." This really worried me last summer but there were no problems that I heard of getting parking and even during the year spots in the garages were still open so if you apply for parking when you move in, you'll get it.

One thing I wanted to mention to incoming students is don't worry when you read that "parking in Weyburn is not guaranteed." This really worried me last summer but there were no problems that I heard of getting parking and even during the year spots in the garages were still open so if you apply for parking when you move in, you'll get it.

Good to know. I had planned to make a mad dash to apply for parking the second I got my stuff moved in.

Good to know. I had planned to make a mad dash to apply for parking the second I got my stuff moved in.
Yeah, it's not like a minutes-seconds thing haha. There is free street parking right outside Weyburn so you'll have somewhere to park your car until you get it taken care of. I would still try to do it those first few days before orientation (or whenever you move in) just so you don't have to deal with it when you actually have things to do. Also, a perk to living in a studio is you are more likely to get a single parking space, not a tandem!

My app status (i.e. final decision letter box) is still blank, and I haven't gotten any email. Is that normal, or should i call?
It also said that a transcript was requested, even though I contacted them about it and sent them an unofficial copy upon their request about a month ago.

My app status (i.e. final decision letter box) is still blank, and I haven't gotten any email. Is that normal, or should i call?
It also said that a transcript was requested, even though I contacted them about it and sent them an unofficial copy upon their request about a month ago.
I don't know if it is "normal" any longer as many have been accepted and there has been a round of rejections but it does mean you are still, in theory, in the running if someone turns down an acceptance.

Feel free to call and tell the rest of us in the same boat what they say... If you want anyways, not sure if there is much they'll tell you.

As for the transcripts, I have no idea. Could be because you sent an unofficial copy, ultimately I think they want (for that) an official copy but I doubt it matters unless they offer you an acceptance.

I'll probably call tomorrow afternoon - it seems like there's hope...the question is how much.

Okay, I just called. They are still making their decisions, and will maybe finish and let people know by the end of the week.
About the transcript, she said to just wait to send in an official transcript until I get a decision letter...

I'm close to finalizing my housing plans at an OOS school. UCLA, you're losing your chance with me... :p

Maybe it will work out in 4 years for residency? ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Okay, I just called. They are still making their decisions, and will maybe finish and let people know by the end of the week.
About the transcript, she said to just wait to send in an official transcript until I get a decision letter...

lol classes start in a month almost....you'd think they'd have decisions "finalized" by now...

lol classes start in a month almost....you'd think they'd have decisions "finalized" by now...

It's definitely a bit hard to fathom that they haven't at least determined wait list ranking, at least into fractions, or reject and be able to have given us some sort of notification by what is essentially the end of June.

Regardless, DGSOM, while I feel a little bit down and abused I still love you and will gladly attend if you'll have me....

i called as well and got the same exact response as Asklepios89. but they said the update on status will either be a waitlist or a rejection.

sooooooo, class is full; no more acceptances essentially?

I wouldn't go as far to say that there are "no more acceptances". Who knows-- maybe an applicant can be accepted as late as the day of the white coat ceremony (based on a true story, albeit a different SoCal med school). This process is crazy! :banana:

sooooooo, class is full; no more acceptances essentially?
Well it seems that as of right now the class is full but I personally know of friends that experienced movement in July. It's not much movement but it does happen here and there.

No accepted student checklist. Some sort of waitlist most likely (hopefully not a hold -___-). Best of luck!

My status is still blank but my friend just checked his status and told me he has "letter sent" with no checklist. At least if it's a rejection, it seems like they email you to let you know that day instead of waiting several days for the letter to arrive :(

If it helps you guys, I got an email when I was rejected and my status said letter sent. So I'm willing to bet if you have not received an email its either a wait list or you're accepted.

No accepted student checklist. Some sort of waitlist most likely (hopefully not a hold -___-). Best of luck!

Can you let us know either way? I just want to know what's going on these days... :confused:

Edit: the people who were rejected a little while ago had a status which read "Decision sent ..." If your status says "Letter sent ..." I'm willing to bet it is a waitlist offer. Maybe bad news for the rest of us though.

Can you let us know either way? I just want to know what's going on these days... :confused:

Edit: the people who were rejected a little while ago had a status which read "Decision sent ..." If your status says "Letter sent ..." I'm willing to bet it is a waitlist offer. Maybe bad news for the rest of us though.
+1 :(

same same.... come on ranked waitlist (if I remember correctly last year there was a ranked- had a small chance and an unranked- we don't want to reject you but you aren't getting in, waitlists...)

Wish it would just say something on that page or they would just have already emailed....

If by "bad" you mean having to wait longer then yes... otherwise, I don't think it MEANS anything (atleast not for you to interrupt).
This is the most convoluted and torturous admissions process I've encountered all cycle :(